Default Digital Titles on Sale the Week of 6/24-7/1

Couple more items of possible interest. On sale for $0.99US right now are select Brian Azzarello issues, including his "Broken City" arc and also the Flashpoint tie-in Batman: Knight of Vengeance. Comixology also recently added "Dark Knight, Dark City," considered by many to be one of the greatest Riddler tales ever, to their 100-page Spectaculars section.

The Azzaralleo sale has no announced end date, but I wouldn't expect it to go on past Wednesday.

Peter Milligan's "Dark Knight, Dark City" is $4.99US, the regular price. It also includes Detective Comics #633, also written by Milligan.

EDIT: The Brian Azzaralleo sale has ended.

On June 27th, Comixology added the Elseworlds title "Gotham Noir" to their 100-Page Spectaculars collection. It's Batman re-imagined as a hard-boiled private eye mystery.
    Last edited by DonC; 06-28-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Thanks for the heads up, but man I wish I had seen this back in March for that Joker sale.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Couple more items of possible interest. On sale for $0.99US right now are select Brian Azzarello issues, including his "Broken City" arc and also the Flashpoint tie-in Batman: Knight of Vengeance. Comixology also recently added "Dark Knight, Dark City," considered by many to be one of the greatest Riddler tales ever, to their 100-page Giants section.

The Azzaralleo sale has no announced end date, but I wouldn't expect it to go on past Wednesday.

Peter Milligan's "Dark Knight, Dark City" is $4.99US, the regular price. It also includes Detective Comics #633, also written by Milligan.
    Zombie thread rises from the grave.......

Yeah, I got all excited about that Joker sale too. Only 3 months too late. Maybe this is one case where a new thread should've been started.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    Zombie thread rises from the grave.......

Yeah, I got all excited about that Joker sale too. Only 3 months too late. Maybe this is one case where a new thread should've been started.
    I don't know, I like the idea of a Digital Deals thread as proposed I few posts up, I've been contemplating stickying it since I read this as I think it would be a helpful resource. I know it got me to buy some titles there, I picked up all of Final Crisis and Superman for Tomorrow for less than 20 bucks.

The problem is Stickying this thread is that they don't always have Batman sales going on. If an interesting new sale does come up (and someone does a thread about it), you or one of our other Mod Overlords can Sticky it for the duration of the sale. Then it can be deleted when the sale ends. That would put an end to any confusion about what is on sale.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

God I love Comixology but I got watch it before I end up broke with these 99 cent sales!

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    The problem is Stickying this thread is that they don't always have Batman sales going on. If an interesting new sale does come up (and someone does a thread about it), you or one of our other Mod Overlords can Sticky it for the duration of the sale. Then it can be deleted when the sale ends. That would put an end to any confusion about what is on sale.
    That's the idea I was leaning towards, sort of like what Jim does with the On sale on Wednesday threads.

Perhaps that's what we'll do from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That's the idea I was leaning towards, sort of like what Jim does with the On sale on Wednesday threads.

Perhaps that's what we'll do from here on out.
    That sounds like a good idea. Or just sticky a thread called "Comixology 99 cent Batman comic sales: Updated to reflect current sales" or something to that effect.

EDIT: I approve of this thread
    Last edited by El Sombrero; 06-24-2012 at 04:47 PM.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

There is a sale on JMS and Andy Kubert stuff due to their Before Watchmen issue this week. I don't think any JMS stuff applies, but Kubert did the issues featured in Morrison's "Batman and Son" trade, Batman 700, and "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" Every individual issue is 99 cents. If you have never read "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader," to get that for two bucks is an insane steal since the trade costs what, like 15 dollars. Granted, the trade has some extra stories, but still, two bucks!

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    There is a sale on JMS and Andy Kubert stuff due to their Before Watchmen issue this week. I don't think any JMS stuff applies, but Kubert did the issues featured in Morrison's "Batman and Son" trade, Batman 700, and "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" Every individual issue is 99 cents. If you have never read "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader," to get that for two bucks is an insane steal since the trade costs what, like 15 dollars. Granted, the trade has some extra stories, but still, two bucks!
    I was just coming to post about this very sale, it also has Flashpoint which is a semi-batman story. I never read it when it came out but for .99 cents a pop I might pick it up.

Oh right, I forgot about Flashpoint. It's kind of a hollow story without the tie-ins, but at five bucks, why not. Just the Kubert art alone is worth five bucks. I paid regular Comixology price for Flashpoint and the Batman & Son issues, should have waited.

To those who haven't picked up on this yet, expect anything by Len Wein, Jae Lee, Lee Bermejo, and Adam Hughes to go on sale when their respective issues come out. They've done it for all the Before Watchmen creators. And that includes issues where the creator just did the cover. I started picking up the pre-New 52 Zatanna series, but I think I'll wait on that one since Adam Hughes did a bunch of covers. I'm trying to remember what Bermejo has done for DC in single issue form...