Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Upper right looks like Quasar 3, on newsstands in August, 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Oak Kid View Post
    This is a bad screen capture from a movie. However I think if I named the movie and year it was filmed it would probably make it too easy. There is one pretty identifiable comic so once you get it, the others should be pretty easy.

The comics may be from the late 80's, but that rack they are on looks like late 60's. It's fantastic!
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Quote Originally Posted by Roquefort Raider View Post
    Me, I can't usually get 'em myself because my girlfriend's a vegetarian which pretty much makes me a vegetarian. But I do love the taste of a good burger.
    If you ever come to Massachusetts-- stop off at MR. BARTLEY's in Harvard Square, Cambridge!
    FAV Comics: Lil' ABNER, DICK TRACY, BATMAN, UNCLE SCROOGE, KAMUI, TOMB OF DRACULA, THE MIGHTY THOR by LEE\KIRBY, WONDER WOMAN by PEREZ\KAREN BERGER, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1-206 and EC COMICS!

Unhappy

I assumed getting the Quasar issue IDed would make it easy to find the others but I'm not having any luck. This is from the movie Hot Spot which was released in 1990. This scene was in an old small town pharmacy so the rack is real and much older than the comics like Scott said. I had assumed these were all Marvels but I could be wrong. I haven't found anything on Mike's Marvel Time Machine for late 1989 that matches the other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Oak Kid View Post
    I assumed getting the Quasar issue IDed would make it easy to find the others but I'm not having any luck.
    Top left looks like Marvel Comics Presents #30: http://www.comics.org/issue/46897/cover/4/
    Bottom left is Advanced Dungeons & Dragons #8: http://www.comics.org/issue/46423/cover/4/
    -JKC-
    Glorianna - Barbarian adventure! New page every Friday!

JK, I think you're off by a couple of issues:
    Bottom left is Advanced Dungeons & Dragons #10: http://www.comics.org/issue/46665/cover/4/
    "We're Santa's elves, and we're here to tell you about ourselves!"--Summer and Eve

Thanks guys. I had no luck recognizing these Marvels. I wasn't buying during that time so I guess that is why none of them ring a bell other than the Quasar. Marvel sure had a lot of books that month. Some I've never heard of, like The Sleeze Brothers and the magazine Strip.

Quote Originally Posted by JKCarrier View Post
    Top left looks like Marvel Comics Presents #30:
    Arrgh! YES! I was sure that was an X-Men logo (a pink one at that), but as hard as
    I tried, I couldn't figure this out. Good job!

As far as the Advanced AD&D one, I had no idea, but I was looking at DC titles as well, since
    I figured the fact that the rack said "Marvel Comics" meant absolutely nothing.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

The middle left comic looks like it may be Adventures of Bayou Billy #2. http://www.dcindexes.com/database/co...&comicid=96075
    30 cent variant set finally finished!

Quote Originally Posted by Drusilla lives! View Post
    I dunno about the comics, but I sure enjoy noting all those TV stations... MeTV, this.

I've watched MeTV on and off for about a year now, ever since RTV seemed to go through some sort of format and channel change. I like catching that old Batman show on the weekends whenever I can... and The Rifleman is actually a pretty good show (never saw it before till recently).
    I like Lost In Space and Svengoolie on Sat. nites. I hated Doctor Smith as a kid, but now he's a hoot.

Rifleman is great. Today they showed the first two episodes. These are two of the best.

My main gripe with MEtv is that they speed up the old shows in order to cram in more commercials. In the second episode of Rifleman, Lucas tells Mark the story of Jobe but it was ruined for me because they speeded it up.

Quote Originally Posted by METAROG View Post
    The middle left comic looks like it may be Adventures of Bayou Billy #2. http://www.dcindexes.com/database/co...&comicid=96075
    Possibly, but I'm not entirely convinced.
    Jim Zimmerman

The middle right comic is Avengers Spotlight #32 as that is the Swordsman holding his sword through the logo.

Quote Originally Posted by METAROG View Post
    The middle right comic is Avengers Spotlight #32 as that is the Swordsman holding his sword through the logo.
    I think you mean 22. But, seriously? That whole comic looks a blur to me; I don't see anything distinguishable.
    Jim Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    I think you mean 22. But, seriously? That whole comic looks a blur to me; I don't see anything distinguishable.
    22 is right... typo on my part. It is very blurry but I can tell that is a sword going through the logo and what looks like Hawkeye's head in the logo box above the price. When you put those two together you get Avengers Spotlight #22. http://www.dcindexes.com/database/co...&comicid=49310

I am also fairly certain of the Bayou Billy #2 as the logo box has Billy balancing that huge knife of his and the blurs around the shadow head match up perfectly with the "Danger" and "Dynamite" written on the crates on the cover.

You may well be right about Bayou Billy. The logo box does seem to match, and the logo itself is the right color. The black lines don't seem to match exactly, but this may just be a distortion in the image. The on-sale date also seems a little late compared to the others, at least if Mike is correct. But it may still be correct and I certainly can't find anything that seems to be a closer match. Good work.
    Jim Zimmerman