Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Has he actually killed thousands? I mean, I know his kill count would be up there, but not that high. I think it gets fudged from time to time because of the whole Xorneto thing.
    He sunk a Russian sub once. That's about 100 right there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Why call her Stinger, when she was Cassie in here in CC?
    Because its an MC2 homage.

Another thing that made me lol was doom killing cassie while hes warning her to get off him. He never actually gives her a chance to get off him and goes straight for the kill shot. That series had some horrible writing.
    Which is why I was hoping Cassie would recover after that cliffhanger.

Just...UGH.

Well, here's hoping the Ant-Man movie has Cassie in it if they are doing half Pym, half Lang.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    It certainly contradicts OMD/BND Spider-Man's philosophy that you can do anything to bring back your loved ones.
    Surely something that contradicts OMD/BND can't be all bad?
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Surely something that contradicts OMD/BND can't be all bad?
    No it can't.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Has he actually killed thousands? I mean, I know his kill count would be up there, but not that high. I think it gets fudged from time to time because of the whole Xorneto thing.
    For a lot of characters, both hero and villain, the casualty numbers probably should be MUCH higher than what we see. Anytime a building in knocked down in New York, in theory hundreds of people were probably killed. If the comic doesn't tell us that happened, we can use suspension of belief and assume everyone was evacuated in time or whatever. That's typical MO for comics. But it doesn't necessarily mean a writer can't justify busting out some pretty high numbers if they need to in a story.

That said, Billy could have easily been adding Xorneto to his number count. I may not have been common public knowledge that this wasn't Mags. So it can easily be more of a legitimate character mistake as opposed to a mistake by the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    If that argument had gone on, Scott would have been forced to reveal that the only reason he can forgive Magneto and not Wanda is because those thousands weren't mostly mutants. Seriously, as of late Scott's shown that while he will protect you if you're human, when your life is compared to that of a mutant's, he doesn't give a crap about you.
    Perhaps after the whole P5 thing is over Scott will be more willing to forgive Wanda. Maybe he'll have some understanding on what it's like to try and control (or fail to control) godlike power. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Perhaps after the whole P5 thing is over Scott will be more willing to forgive Wanda. Maybe he'll have some understanding on what it's like to try and control (or fail to control) godlike power. We'll see.
    I hope this is the case. It would almost make all the crap worth it if characters actually grew and changed.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corey W View Post
    He sunk a Russian sub once. That's about 100 right there.
    he sunk a russian sub that fired upon him. you hold those deaths against him, then you might as well bring up how many people Nick Fury has killed in his career.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Wanna know something else? The fact that they killed Cassie makes the entire premise of the future that Iron Lad saw both completely pointless and a giant plothole. Seriously, I know that all futures are only possible futures, but that one has the paradox to it that for Iron Lad to have continued as an Avenger with them until growing into Kang, Cassie would have had to survive CC in the first place. Nothing interfered with should have interfered with that future remaining a possible future because Iron Lad never used knowledge of that future to have anyone do anything different.
    they showed you the Young Avengers from the future so you wouldn't think that Cassie's story was over. because, considering how willing kid-Kang is to tamper with the timestream, the story isn't over.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    And she's getting to team up with Hawkeye.

She's alright, I guess. I just can't stand the "Female character who stands in the back and takes potshot jabs at everyone" characters. Jessica Jones, Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel sometimes...
    Exactly why I couldn't stand her from the get-go. She was the spokesman(woman) of everything I hate in entertainment these days when she basically spelled it out loud by whining about the YA being the quintessential boy's club with the writer proceedding that all she did was right and all what the other guys were doing were young. Because of course you cannot have guys by themselves on screen other than pro sport, it's a sin in this society.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!