Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    A teenage sidekick can work. I mean, 18 or 19 are still teens right?
    One of the MANY things Schumacher did with Batman Forever is say that Dick was only about 17 or 18 or so when Chris O'Donnel was CLEARLY in his mid-20s at the time (I remember a line Bruce said about sending Dick off to college). If they have Robin in a movie, I'd honestly want him to look like a teenager this time around, physically, being able to pull off at the maximum 17.
    Last edited by edge007; 06-29-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edge007 View Post
    Okay, we get it, you personally don't like the idea of a teenage Robin. It's clear, though, that there are other people on this thread who do, though, which means that there are probably a few more out there who would see a Batman movie with a teenage Robin in it.
    i'm just stating my opinion just like you so you don't have to be so defensive.

and i'm not against the idea of a teenage Robin, in fact i would love to see Robin done right on screen but i just don't think it works.
    maybe 17 or older could work but older he gets less Robin he becomes.

BANNED

Yea although i did actually think Grayson was well written in Forever, O' Donnell clearly looked older than 18.

I think if they used him again that's kinda the way they should go. Bruce sees himself in Dick. He seems that anger, that pain, that thirst for vengeance. He tries to focus that anger into something positive, instead of letting this youngster go out there looking for vengeance and getting himself killed or killing someone else.

That scene in the Bat Cave where Dick was like "your parents weren't killed by a mad man!" and Bruce was like "Yes, they were, we're the same" was great. One of my favourite moments in any Batman film. People complain about it being changed so that Joker killed Bruce's parents and Batman killed people, but the way it was implemented there was really well done. It shows the similarities between Bruce and Dick, and Bruce doesn't want Dick to go down the road he went down in the first two Batman movies where he wants to kill. Notice that Batman didn't start killing people until he realised Joker/Napier was the one who killed his parents.

It may have not been completely comic book accurate, but i thought it was compelling, which is all i really care about when watching a film.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator jp View Post
    i'm just stating my opinion just like you so you don't have to be so defensive.
    Okay, that's fine, apology extended (sincerely).

and i'm not against the idea of a teenage Robin, in fact i would love to see Robin done right on screen but i just don't think it works.
    The thing is, if it can be done right, it would work.

maybe 17 or older could work but older he gets less Robin he becomes.
    I'd still prefer 15 or perhaps even 16. You're right, though, the older he becomes the less Robin-like he is and I think that's because Robin was never meant to be a realistic character, which isn't a bad thing in the least. In fact, it's probably the best thing about the character.

IDK, it seems a lot of people (and I hate to point fingers, but mostly the hardcore Nolan fans) seem to be against anything even remotely less than realistic. The thing is with me and it seems like a lot of other fans out there, the less than realistic is exactly what we like in our superhero movies. Hell, it's the very nature of the concept of superheroes. It seems as if many are just absolutely petrified that if they made a Batman movie any less realistic than Nolan's films it would automatically turn into Batman & Robin, which clearly isn't the case because there's been a minimum of eight superhero movies since the year 2000 that have been less than realistic and've all been great.

I'm hoping for a continuation of the Nolan franchise. Maybe a fast forward to the bitter end of Batman's career for one of the next movies. DKR on film!
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I'm hoping for a continuation of the Nolan franchise. Maybe a fast forward to the bitter end of Batman's career for one of the next movies. DKR on film!
    Isn't this what Rises is supposed to be about?

The next trilogy should have tone of The Animated Series and Arkham games. I guess it should tie into the DC universe if Warner Bros wants to make a Justice League film.

I personally would want a adaptation of Grant Morrison's Batman and Robin series to be a trilogy it would be different to what's come before with Dick Grayson being Batman, weird villains, a badass Robin and have Bruce come back in the end like the graphic novel.
    Last edited by rastafarian42; 06-29-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Grayson fanboy. TheGoshDarnBatman's Avatar

I'm a huge fan of Dick as Batman, but I don't think it could be pulled of on film yet. The reason, besides the great execution of the concepts, that Dick as Batman was so compelling was that we were actually aware of Dick's growth from a kid sidekick to a hero who can step into the cowl on his own terms and wear it proudly. I think Morrison's Batman run would work on film, but cinema audiences need to learn to love the character before it'll have the same emotional resonance.

If they were ever to do the entirety of Morrison's run, I think it'd have to be three trilogies. For that reason I doubt it could ever be feasible, but I'd sure love to see them try.
    Trilogy One:
    First, a movie that introduces the characters of the modern Batman universe, a la Hush, with a stronger emphasis on the Ra's and Talia.
    Movie two, Batman & Son mixed with other elements needed to set up the Black Glove.
    Movie three, R.I.P.

Trilogy Two:
    These could be easier, just Batman & Robin, essentially. First movie, the Circus of Strange, second, Batman Vs. Robin, third, Hurt and Bruce return. Cut out Red Hood, it's not really necessary.

Trilogy Three:
    First movie, the Return and Bruce setting up Batman, Inc.
    Second and third, aspects of both volumes of Batman Inc. Since it's not finished yet we have no idea how much is needed for Leviathan, and a lot of the first volume isn't strictly needed for the central conflict.

So yeah. There's my plan for a totally fictional and probably impossible fanboys' dream series. But it was fun to type out.
    Last edited by TheGoshDarnBatman; 06-29-2012 at 06:12 PM.
    Call me A.J.
    Hawkeye, Batman Inc., Batman, Daredevil, The Amazing Spider-Man, All New X-Men, Avengers, New Avengers, Fantastic Four, FF, Thor: God of Thunder, Detective Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoshDarnBatman View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Dick as Batman, but I don't think it could be pulled of on film yet. The reason, besides the great execution of the concepts, that Dick as Batman was so compelling was that we were actually aware of Dick's growth from a kid sidekick to a hero who can step into the cowl on his own terms and wear it proudly. I think Morrison's Batman run would work on film, but cinema audiences need to learn to love the character before it'll have the same emotional resonance.
    Exactly, and Dick hasn't even been introduced in the trilogy. It'd need a movie to set it up in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by booyah View Post
    Exactly, and Dick hasn't even been introduced in the trilogy. It'd need a movie to set it up in the first place.
    While I would probably wait for basic cable to watch Dick as Batman, like I said, I would love to see Dick introduced as Robin.

Would love to see Batman & Robin based on the new 52. Starting shortly after Bruce's return. It would ultimately lead to Batman Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by fatalwish View Post
    There will NEVER be a Batman movie that is DEFINITIVE. We all need to realize that.
    QFT

The Nolan films are definitive for me, but since so many fans have complaints about them(some justified, some not), it is not THE definitive trilogy. And there never will be one. Batman is a very elastic character, and everyone has their own interpretation of him.

I guess he has to have armor now. I wish it could at least be toned down a bit.