Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - Jun 22, 2012

Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso and his staff celebrate the wedding of Northstar in style in NYC while discussing artist changes and arc shortenings as Marvel moves to more than 12 issues a year.

Full article here.

Honestly Alonso can talk all he wants, he knows that Marvel is sort of trolling with the fans of the original Captain Marvel with their constant comebacks of the character as of late.

Hmm, I almost forgot about that Brubaker Point One story. I wonder where those two new characters have come into play?

Pham's art work looks nice, hopefully the finish copy will maintain consistency throughout the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    Honestly Alonso can talk all he wants, he knows that Marvel is sort of trolling with the fans of the original Captain Marvel with their constant comebacks of the character as of late.
    Yeah either they just don't get it, or they're trolling the fans. If you're not going to bring him back, just leave the character alone and stop getting people's hopes up.

They actually had the perfect way to keep Mar-Vell in the MU and not take away what happened in his death with the Skrull-Vell thing...but they killed him off right away too
    Faves: Wolverine: Weapon X, the Avengers, X-Force, etc
    My Free Weekly eZine: http://tinyurl.com/ybcnhxe
    My Clothing Line: www.culturesclothing.com
    http://twitter.com/culturesclothes

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

That said, when you're multi-shipping an ongoing series, it's imperative that you have a solid rotation of artists, revolving around your core artist -- kind of like a [baseball team's] bullpen supports its ace. A stable of complementary artists builds a visual world for the reader. Two of the titles I mentioned before -- "Uncanny X-Force" and "Daredevil" -- excel because they have that.
    Uncanny X-Force is an odd choice to mention, because it's had anything but complementary artists, and it certainly doesn't have a core artist to build a rotation around. For example, Mike McKone was promoted as the main artist of the 9 part Final Execution arc. But based on the 7 issues published or solicited so far, he's only on one issue. Maybe his schedule has been reshuffled and he'll be doing the final two issues, but that's still only a third of the arc.
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    I've said it before, but rebooting mar-vell from the ground up is about the only reason i'd support a marvel universe restart.

Mar-vel needs to stay dead. if you bring him back it cheepens one of the greastest Comics of all time like they did to the DPS.
    Cyclops ad portas

In the short term, he and a certain lethal protector will be dealing with something more Alien than mystical.
    Eddie Brock?? Symbiote???

cant wait for the venom scarlet spider minium carnage crossover starting in oct........also why the hell does kp keep asking about teh increased shipping schedule and double ship of marvel books in every ax in charge column....double shipping is the best thing that marvel does and if it werent for a certain idiot poster on these boards i wont name names but he wines every time the new solicits come out baout double ships ..hell id say over 75 percent of marvel readers would prefer if marvel double shipped all their books every month or at least 18 times a year

Quote Originally Posted by marco19 View Post
    cant wait for the venom scarlet spider minium carnage crossover starting in oct........also why the hell does kp keep asking about teh increased shipping schedule and double ship of marvel books in every ax in charge column....double shipping is the best thing that marvel does and if it werent for a certain idiot poster on these boards i wont name names but he wines every time the new solicits come out baout double ships ..hell id say over 75 percent of marvel readers would prefer if marvel double shipped all their books every month or at least 18 times a year
    A venonm/ Scarlet Spider crossover? looks like I'll be dropping SS for awhile starting in october.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    A venonm/ Scarlet Spider crossover? looks like I'll be dropping SS for awhile starting in october.
    I believe it will be a separate miniseries, not anything in the main books themselves. Could be wrong.

Not a chance.
    18+ issues a year equals rushed work, inconsistency, and multiple artists.

It also means $18-24 extra PER TITLE each year.
    Avengers, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, FF, Hawkeye, New Avengers
    Animal Man, Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Justice League
    Saga, Thief of Thieves.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gma2darescue View Post
    Not a chance.
    18+ issues a year equals rushed work, inconsistency, and multiple artists.

It also means $18-24 extra PER TITLE each year.
    For me, that could break down to about 20 bucks extra a month. Or five dollars extra a week.

I know times are hard an' all, but...
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

I think mean "THOSE idiot POSTERS"

There are quite a few of us....

But hey, if you think having no consistent art team and occasional false advertising as a result (Mike McKone on the Final Execution arc) and if you're a big fan of having your wallet bled dry and/or ending up reading fewer titles than you'd like as a result...if you see that as "the best thing Marvel does"....well....okay then.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW