Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default To sir, with love – efforts to keep Kieron Gillen on Uncanny.

With the upcoming Re-Evolution project at Marvel looking to be unveiled at the San Diego Con, it is appearing more and more likely that Kieron Gillen is going to be moved off Uncanny to some other book.
    This needs to be prevented. There have been a handful of times where Marvel has actually listened to the fans in regards to company decisions, -the key seems to be making the most noise possible. What can be done to make it known that it is essential that KG stay on Uncanny for as long as humanly possible?

BANNED

I don't think the key is in making noise, actually. No one makes more noise than Jean Grey fans or fans who want Marvel to treat Gambit with dignity, for examples.

The hell is Re-Evolution?
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    I don't think the key is in making noise, actually. No one makes more noise than Jean Grey fans or fans who want Marvel to treat Gambit with dignity, for examples.
    I got to agree. By the logic of those fandoms, all their noises lead to Marvel trolling them.

I think rather than suggesting we know better than Marvel (which I doubt they appreciate) it would be better just to post positive messages about how much we are enjoying Gillen's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    I think rather than suggesting we know better than Marvel (which I doubt they appreciate) it would be better just to post positive messages about how much we are enjoying Gillen's work.
    Well, that is sort of what I'm suggesting here. Rather than an anti-Bendis thread, this would be a pro-KG thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    Well, that is sort of what I'm suggesting here. Rather than an anti-Bendis thread, this would be a pro-KG thread.
    We shouldn't play defense, settling for Gillen. Make a pro-Claremont thread so that we can get what we really want.

X-men Forever Forever, starring Jean Grey.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    Nice idea, but it will be full of Bendis bashing before too long

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    X-men Forever Forever, starring Jean Grey.

I really, really do not want Gillen gone. I hope this is just a nonsensical rumor. Not because of Bendis, as I do not touch avengers books I do not really know much about his style, but because the last issue has been the best one of Uncanny in more than a decade, and there were not even x-men in it. Here, I said it.
    Last edited by Leirus; 06-22-2012 at 12:13 PM. Reason: I hopes! Who am I, Granny Weatherwax?

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Aliens vs Predator img
    It's ok, I'm leaving for the rest of the day now.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Actually, I think you can email or write Marvel and let them know what you think of the writer/artist on each book. Perhaps if they recieve enough positive reviews of Gillen's work; they'll consider keeping him on?
    You're superior to pryde in my eyes -tlp

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    It's ok, I'm leaving for the rest of the day now.

Hmmm CC also has a thing about unstable heels. They are like low level bondage, would be my guess.