Default "Allied Nation?" WTF?! Is this some kind of new teen/kid humor?

My daughters (Kana - age 12/Hana - age 7) share a bedroom. Koko (the wife) and I have their desks placed against opposite walls, dorm style, to prevent them from distracting each other when they do homework (not that that always works).

Recently, I saw two signs in magic marker on the far wall. One sign, made by Kana, pointed towards her little sister's desk and read "Allied Nation." Hana made a similar sign pointing towards her big sister's desk.

I asked the girls about it, and Kana's explanation was, "Allied nations. You know - like in World War II!"

Ok....

Is this some kind of new teen/kid joke these days (I'm not hip enough, I guess), or do my girls just have really weird senses of humor?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    My daughters (Kana - age 12/Hana - age 7) share a bedroom. Koko (the wife) and I have their desks placed against opposite walls, dorm style, to prevent them from distracting each other when they do homework (not that that always works).

Recently, I saw two signs in magic marker on the far wall. One sign, made by Kana, pointed towards her little sister's desk and read "Allied Nation." Hana made a similar sign pointing towards her big sister's desk.

I asked the girls about it, and Kana's explanation was, "Allied nations. You know - like in World War II!"

Ok....

Is this some kind of new teen/kid joke these days (I'm not hip enough, I guess), or do my girls just have really weird senses of humor?
    It might have to do with Hetalia.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

It is clearly a warning. Sleep with one eye open, don't turn your back... And always remember, "divide and conquer" is instinctual.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    Y'know, you might have something there. I have seen them watching that particular show and reading that manga.

They could just be, y'know, sisters, but noooo, they have to be "allied nations!" LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    It is clearly a warning. Sleep with one eye open, don't turn your back... And always remember, "divide and conquer" is instinctual.
    Ulp!

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    I remember I had to sit through that whole anime with my ex. She loved it but some of the jokes went over my head because some them you need to be a big history buff and others were stereotypes that are view under Japan's eyes not Americans.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!