Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Yeah, it always sticks out like a sore thumb.
    Expletive Deleted

I get a little suspicious, as it's an indication that the writer may be discussing a topic he doesn't know anything about.

Though it could always just be a typo.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake V View Post
    It always annoys me. I never correct people who spell it that way, but I always assume that anyone who writes "spiderman" is a moron.
    CBR really needs a 'like' button.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

I used to write it spiderman. Then my editors at the site I write for yelled at me about 5 times about it. It's Spider-Man every time now.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

I write Spiderman and even spidey in some posts about Spider-Man here,so that does not bother me much.Except when Spider-Man name have a typo in a actual comic book that is.

What did used to bother me in the past was the way the web armpits from the Spider-Man costume apeared in Spider-Man comics and in others Spider-Man would just not have the web arm pits in the costume.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    But that's not how it's spelled. Superman is spelled "Superman" and Batman is spelled "Batman", but Spider-Man is spelled "Spider-Man". With the hyphen and the capital M.
    Symbolizing how Spidey is utterly different from those two dudes in every aspect possible. Well, except for the orphaned part I guess. And working for a daily.

Just got ASM 1 for the Marve app a few days ago... first time reading it in English... and it uses "Spiderman", well, more like "SPIDERMAN" all the time... if fans or just people uses it, well, it is probably just laziness (would rather just use Spidey myself) but in the actual comics...

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    Just got ASM 1 for the Marve app a few days ago... first time reading it in English... and it uses "Spiderman", well, more like "SPIDERMAN" all the time... if fans or just people uses it, well, it is probably just laziness (would rather just use Spidey myself) but in the actual comics...
    That used to be the rule of thumb actually. It was Spider-Man on the cover and Spiderman in the book. I'm sure exactly when that changed, but it did go on for a good while. There were all kinds of exceptions though. I believe captions and the big announcement balloons on the splash pages used hyphens, as well as story titles. Weird.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

I don't mind at all. The only time it bothers me is when I am searching for Spider-man merchandise on ebay and have to type it both ways to ensure I can see it all :)
    The world was blessedly free of honest men and wonderfully full of people who believed they could tell the difference between an honest man and a crook. -Terry Pratchett

It bothers me to no end. Stan Lee says it's Spider-Man so it's Spider-Man!!!

He said he wanted the hyphen so people wouldn't get confused so easily with Superman. Spiderman Superman Superman Spiderman. Yuck. The hyphen just looks awesome. Spider-Man!

I remember Spider-Man calling his name in the trailer for the Spectacular animated series - "gloriously hyphenated" and at that instant I already fell in love with the show.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 06-22-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    But that's not how it's spelled. Superman is spelled "Superman" and Batman is spelled "Batman", but Spider-Man is spelled "Spider-Man". With the hyphen and the capital M.
    Batman was originally called "The Bat-Man" until they changed it.
    Last edited by Fanofthegoblins; 06-22-2012 at 01:04 PM.

If little things upset you that bad you should probably talk to someone professional about it XD