Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OJSlaughter View Post
    Roma made Albion the head of the corps. I do remember that.

Actually, that is damn good point. What happened to Albion?
    I've actually wondered if the Secret Avengers Captain Britain is Albion. It fits reasonably well ...

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    I've actually wondered if the Secret Avengers Captain Britain is Albion. It fits reasonably well ...
    Nope. Saturnyne ordered Brian Braddock 616 to take care of all matters in Earth 616; Albion is to take care of matters in Otherworld.

dude, this has to be a complete screw job to newer readers... noh-varr in secret and regular avengers? and they are okay with him in secret avengers and they hate his guts in avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Mechano View Post
    dude, this has to be a complete screw job to newer readers... noh-varr in secret and regular avengers? and they are okay with him in secret avengers and they hate his guts in avengers?
    The thing to remember is that the two stories aren't taking place at the same time.

The stuff where the Avengers pretty much turn their backs on Noh-Varr takes places after the Secret Avengers stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing to remember is that the two stories aren't taking place at the same time.

The stuff where the Avengers pretty much turn their backs on Noh-Varr takes places after the Secret Avengers stuff.
    i know... but sometimes it gets confusing when you are reading them at the same time. *sigh* comics are hard work.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Sorry, but I think that´s not "our" Brian Braddock, but Albion. Albion was revealed to be a counterpart of Brian Braddock from another Earth, and took his place as commander of the Captain Britain Corps at the end of X-Men: Die by the Sword (Brian was sent back to Earth 616).

Plausible. Although, there really wasn't a Corps at the end of Die by the Sword. Just Saturnyne, Albion and less than ten other alternate Captains. They went off into the Omniverse to do their own thing. We had no explanation of how Saturnyne was back in Uncanny X-Force, so it could stand to convenient reason that Albion was also back and around.

I'd love if the Brian in Uncanny X-Force was also Albion. Because frankly the viewpoints and attitude displayed there would definitely be IN character for Albion. But not for Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by OJSlaughter View Post
    Roma made Albion the head of the corps. I do remember that.

Actually, that is damn good point. What happened to Albion?

As far as official word goes? Nobody knows. He's not been seen in panel since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Nope. Saturnyne ordered Brian Braddock 616 to take care of all matters in Earth 616; Albion is to take care of matters in Otherworld.

I think you're getting things a bit confused there. Albion was given The Corps (Or what remained of it), not Otherworld. That's very different. Otherworld and the Omniverse are not one and the same. Albion has no role within Otherworld itself. He was just chosen ti be the Head of the Captain Britain Corps. But at that time it was a very small Corps, and without Merlyn or Roma to create new Captains it was not likely to grow in number beyond that... :)

Of course all of that has changed, anyway. Merlyn returned, sane again, the evil puerged from him. It is very much implied that he filtered the strength of the deceased Corpsmen (The Many into One) when he resurrected Brian in Captain Britain and MI13.

It seems that Remender, in Uncanny X-Force, explains how there suddenly IS a giant Captain Britain Corps around and active again by saying that Merlyn made some unspecified sacrifice to bring them all back. And that's why he is MIA again.

In all honesty I wish people would just stick with a Status Quo rather than changing it every couple of years, but to be honest that goes double for Marvel Comics in general, right now. :)
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn