Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Quote Originally Posted by super1man View Post
    Ok I cannot seem to remember that though. Was it in some interview (If so it would be flexible to change) or in the issue. If its in the issue can I steal your memory power somehow?
    Take a look at issue 2 - but I think it's Morales who describes him as a 22-year old nerd (in the 'back-up').

As for my memory...as you can probably ascertain from recent posts...it seems to be failing me these days...

:(

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Take a look at issue 2 - but I think it's Morales who describes him as a 22-year old nerd (in the 'back-up').

As for my memory...as you can probably ascertain from recent posts...it seems to be failing me these days...

:(
    Its still very good if you could remember the age from backup in #2 but I wouldn't give much weight to what Morales said in the backup. Clark may be 22 off course but I will wait for Grant to confirm it.
    Rehire Grant Morrison for Superman.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    Keep Scott Lobdell in Superverse forever.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

Morales says it's 22 because he got it from Morrison.

Morrison once in an interview said that Clark was 19. He said something like "what 19 year old would want there mom to make a romper suit for them" (this is him talking about Clarks look). But in later interviews he describes Clark as a 20 to 22 year old.

So I think the oldest he has ever been stated to be in Action comics was 22 years old.

So Clark is around 24 to 27 max in the vanilla book (Superman)

I know I'm late to the discussion, but here's my take on how it should be and why Bruce is older that Clark.

Bruce trained and operated in the shadows for years before it turned out Batman wasn't an urban legend; Superman showed up and opened pandora's box, as it were, showing the world that these super-types aren't myth: they're real.

But, hey, what do I know?
    A robotic journey toward the American Dream: MADE in USA.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitzH2O View Post
    I know I'm late to the discussion, but here's my take on how it should be and why Bruce is older that Clark.

Bruce trained and operated in the shadows for years before it turned out Batman wasn't an urban legend; Superman showed up and opened pandora's box, as it were, showing the world that these super-types aren't myth: they're real.

That's how it was originally put forward when the nu52 was announced - it was changed, however, to 'Bruce was Batman for around one year before the JLA formed[/i]' and that, pretty much, renders him and Clark as being 'active' from around the same point in time - Clark 'publicly' and Bruce 'in the shadows'.

Heck, for all we know, it could later be revealed that Bruce and Clark actually found out about each other within the first month of being 'active' and the 'fight' they had in Justice League issue 2 was a set up...

Quote Originally Posted by MFitzH2O View Post

Pre Flash point maybe due to their numerous crises Batman was still an urban legend even after Superman, JLA,etc. He was even an urban legend when Tim Drake was Robin . His first public photo was taken because Stephanie Spoiler used his war plans(the event was War on Crime or something like that, I don't remember). So if they wanted his status as urban legend could have been preserved even after some hero became public as other heroes does not affect Batman's fight. If he thought secrecy was key to his fight, he could remain urban legend and if the writer's did not want that he does not even need to be secret for a year just to make him the first.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

dOUBLED POST.
    Last edited by super1man; 06-29-2012 at 08:55 PM.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post

Heck, for all we know, it could later be revealed that Bruce and Clark actually found out about each other within the first month of being 'active' and the 'fight' they had in Justice League issue 2 was a set up...
    That would be great. I don't like the idea of GL and Flash teaming up before Superman/Batman (haha I know). ThEY are the World's Finest after all. It seemed to me when I read JL that Geoff was using it to spotlight his favorites alot having FLash/GL team ups before anyone else when Superman and Batman were active before and it also seemed that he was trying to replace Superman for the light side and form a GL/Batman dynamics but for whatever reasons (I think mainly because Supermna/Batman is too set in pop culture and Snyder saying he likes the team up and wants to use it in future ).

In the current JL issue Superman and Batman has declared they trust each other and works together frequently while they are wary of other leaguers. Liked that sequence a lot. It may even be a foreshadow of a Superman/Batman book in the FOURTH WAVE.

Damn a weekly digital Superman/Batman book would be awesome in addition to an extra monthly print one. If in continuity the print book would have substantial sale too.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.