14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Its hard being JR Ewing ....

If anyone has missed it ...JR Ewing is back. The most evil man who was always plotting to take Ewing Oil to the top and run his daddies company like his daddy would want , is back on top. JR is back baby and facing his brother again for control of South Fork. Of course a new obstacle in his battle for South Fork and Ewing Oil is his son. Yes , John Ross III is now back and is as evil as his father.

You have to wonder what makes JR wanna come back at his age ? The man is past 80 , yet there he is threatening to ruin his lawyers life and more. To get ahead of a business deal. All to help his son become the best damn oil man in Texas son ! Who else is scared of the evil of JR Ewing ? His pure evil magic ? Can anyone have any hopes of stopping him now ? Can his brother Bobby possibly stop JR ?

While most men JR's age is living in old folks homes , happy to play shuffleboard ....JR is wanting to make one last deal son. One last big deal to cash in and make millions of dollars.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

I made a "Who shot JR?" reference at work a few weeks ago and my young co-worker had no idea what I was talking about. "You know... J.R. Ewing? Dallas?" Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_B View Post
    I made a "Who shot JR?" reference at work a few weeks ago and my young co-worker had no idea what I was talking about. "You know... J.R. Ewing? Dallas?" Nothing.
    At least you didn't lower yourself to using the Simpsons to clue him in.

Personally I love the idea of Dallas returning I feel some shows just need a break to allow new stories to be thought up or develop with time. As long as its done well I hope it has success where other shows get a chance as a return.( of course this will lead to shows that return that are done poorly or shouldn't come back, but if there is a few good ones its worth it)
    I'm not liberal, liberals have beliefs. I'm a democrat, the only belief I have is that republicans are wrong.

Let's free the market, so it can enslave us all

Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by o1pickleboy View Post
    ...( of course this will lead to shows that return that are done poorly or shouldn't come back, but if there is a few good ones its worth it)
    No. It's not.

He might find out now, but then he'll go "oh it's a show about old people"...
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

No. It's not.
    With the amount of "reality Tv" being put out there I think it is.
    I'm not liberal, liberals have beliefs. I'm a democrat, the only belief I have is that republicans are wrong.

Let's free the market, so it can enslave us all

Myspace

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

I am 41 years old and have not watched a single episode of Dallas. Nor "Dynasty."
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

I used to read the Buster comic, and it had reprints of a 70s/80s strip about a rich arsehole kid in a business suit and cowboy hat called Junior Rotter. That's the nearest I got.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

The first time I took my future wife to my hometown to meet my parents we let ourselves in and when I tried to introduce her my father shushed me and made us wait for the commercials. He was watching Dallas.

What can I say, in 1980 I would have been five or six, on Saturdays I was allowed to stay up 'till half past eight, just in time to see the opening credits to The Dukes Of Hazzard, plus one flying Charger rebel General Lee, as being time for bed.

A few years later both Dynasty and Dallas started to air, which I considered to be for old people.

Me I liked stuff like Centennial, Alias Smith And Jones, Magnum and Degrassi Junior High, Hill Street Blues and Cheers. Knight Rider. The A-Team.
    And seein' how my childhood would have been already robbed of catching the Dukes, I wasn't gonna be waisting my time on any soap opera's, cowboy hats or none! Or only Happy Days, although that would be more like family comedy.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    I am 41 years old and have not watched a single episode of Dallas. Nor "Dynasty."
    You have not lived til you saw the evil of JR Ewing. I think JR would out scheme Lex Luthor if given a chance.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.