Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Not if PETA gets him first

Matt's narration was wonderfully entertaining, informative and kept the appreciated story pacing.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongGuy View Post
    Great issue. Books like this are why I still read comics.
    True stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Wow. Can't believe he's senseless. But I knew that gas was gonna do something.
    Getting kinda tiresome how probably almost every human has some nanobot or other.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    The ending is funny as hell
    He must of REALLY misread his faltering radar sense. Lucky for him he didn't try that crazy stunt with only muscle memory to guide him. But yeah, hilariously refreshing cliffhanger surprise. He must REALLY have misread his landing too!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    I must say this is one of Doom's better lackies.
    Fer sure! A real name, look, significance. How long since that has happened? And Amanda Von Doom don't count - she says so. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialAgentPunk View Post
    epic romp through Eastern Euro Communist land, and more DD riding horses.
    Giddyup!

Quote Originally Posted by rolacka View Post
    Really good issue. I was starting to waver on the title after the crossovers started (so from issue 8), but it is really back on form now (starting with issue 12).
    Yep. Though the illogic of the Omegadrive plotline still feels troublesome if one dwells on it.

I loved the tension in the issue. DD is so great. I also want to know what Foggy found in the drawer! It suggested something to do with his Dad or something else from the Mole Man adventure. I am going to re-read those issues for any clues.
    That drawer scene was the only that was the opposite of tense in a boring way. The mystery is intriguing and clues would redeem if they are discovered. It does seem to be connected to Jack given the flashback. Otherwise, this scene felt just the same as we've seen so far and the conversation about the date felt as interesting as a soap opera recap after seeing the original ep. So I was underwhelmed by only 3 pages of 20 - and that is good numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Matt Murdock = Steve McQueen
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Didn't know it at the time, but I think Waid was foreshadowing Matt losing all his senses when he was playing up the blind man routine on his date. This almost seems like karmic comeuppance for the way Matt enjoys his act a little too much.
    "Karma is a b*tch."

Quote Originally Posted by CHOX View Post
    Poor Matt, he's basically nothing but his mind right now.

I'm sure this Latveria guy is acting behind Doom's back. Doom is going to get pissed off, save Daredevil, and kill this guy.
    Not if PETA gets him first after torturing that poor rat.

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Is that Megan from Mad Men as your picture?

I thought this was good, but not great. I mean...it's a cool idea to have him losing his powers, but at the end of the day it's not a story, it's an action sequence. Little more story would go a long way.
    Yep, them's the Drapers

Youre right, this ish was more of an action sequence than a fully rounded story, but it works in the comic medium especially in serialized format so the whole story will play out in subsequent issues. Waid and team have done a great job of making DD a book full of super hero fun that doesn't follow any rigid (rinse and repeat) pattern or formula so an extended action set making up a full issue works in that regard. One of my fave comics ever was the old GI Joe issue where Snakeyes stormed Stormshadow's castle (may have been Destro's castle but SS was the baddie of the issue) and not a word of dialogue is spoken...just straight grit your ninja teeth action. It was great. I am not saying this issue of DD is GI Joe #21 but it is a fresh escape from by-the-numbers-decompressed storytelling to me and sets things in motion, leaving the reader and protagonist wondering what is coming next.

The mysterious drawer scene almost seems too obvious that it would be the head of Jack. The smell alone would get Foggy to take it out of the office so I really dougbt its something that macabre. But it definitely has something to do with his father and it looks like Foggy's gonna fire Matt.

As for Doom, if this takes place currently then Doom is still stuck in another dimension.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drakeon View Post
    The mysterious drawer scene almost seems too obvious that it would be the head of Jack. The smell alone would get Foggy to take it out of the office so I really dougbt its something that macabre. But it definitely has something to do with his father and it looks like Foggy's gonna fire Matt.

As for Doom, if this takes place currently then Doom is still stuck in another dimension.

that was my first thought…..but, plastic bags… maybe it was decayed to just bone, no rotting flesh to smell

part of me thinks body part is too obvious…. but would anything else be that disturbing to foggy.. i can't remember, but lets say jack was buried with boxing gloves. and DD found them, kept them.. put them in a drawer

would a sentimental item like that disturb foggy that much? it has to be completely unreasonable

i bet we never see doom in this story. continuity wise I'm not sure where this takes place, seems to be "now" but isn't doom residing over his parliament right now?

Great issue. I thought Matt gradually losing his senses was very well-done.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Did Matt's father get buried with his boxing gloves?
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

True, it could be a skull, but I'm still thinking its a fake out and will be an interesting twist. The flashback def indicates its something from his fathers coffin though. Maybe Foggy's reaction was oversdone artwise, hard to tell. I really hope Waid has something less obvious and gives us a complete suprise that not only makes sense but is interesting.