Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

You two please stop having better ideas than the writers.

It's all darkness. His ideas are often better than the writers' ideas. Same with the movies too. Really liked his idea for a DoFP based sequel to XMFC to be centered around the JFK assassination, and have to say that I saw that here first from him before I saw it at some other sites with the same idea.

He should be banned. smdh.

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Rachel failed as a host? In what way?
    Yes, please explain how she failed as a host. I'm pretty sure she was the most competent and able to control the force.
    darknessatnoon: I knew you were the only reasonable R'Chell Summers fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Now that would be worth waiting for IMO. I'd like to see him using guns still too (and knives and other things), but then at some point he runs out of bullets or just throws the guns down and breaks out the psimitar. And. Whips. Some. Ass. That would probably make my head explode with awesome.

I know, I'm a dork. But they've ruined my other favorite character at this point by turning him into a little douche, so I'm pumped for Cable to finally show up in this deal. And be awesome.
    Can I second the call for the revival of the psimitar? Damned cool design element.

Absolutely. Though at this point I think you'd probably third it...or maybe even fourth it as Stopu, darknessatnoon and I all seem to be in favor of its return too.

I preferred the more modernized looking version that could be retracted so it could hang from his belt like a baton when he wasn't using it:

The original was pretty cool too, but seemed like it would be kind of awkward to have to carry around when not using it because it didn't retract:

Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-21-2012 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Rachel failed as a host? In what way?
    She was destine to fail because current canon (as of June 2012) clearly states that only citizens who live (lived) in the mystical city of Kun' Lun can master the Phoenix Force. And, we all have to totally respect "current canon" as it is the undeniable, rewritten truth.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 06-21-2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Added link(s).
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

This is a joke thread, right?

AvX #1 retconned *daily* beatings into the Cyclops/Hope dynamic, lol.

Beatings that made Mag-f****-neto uneasy, at that.
    "As if a man in a wheelchair wasn't enough, now I'm targeting old women." - Scott Summers, A+X #11

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCyclopsRLZ View Post
    This is a joke thread, right?
    Nope! Everyone who has posted here honestly believes in the Iron Phoenix!
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

The only way to stop the P5 is for them to be Iron Fisted.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterSinister View Post
    The only way to stop the P5 is for them to be Iron Fisted.
    h, wow! I can't even begin to touch that with some witty comment.

I AM PHOENIX!

I thought it just took a while to find items that would justify having all those pouches. Once his look is complete Cable will come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Absolutely. Though at this point I think you'd probably third it...or maybe even fourth it as Stopu, darknessatnoon and I all seem to be in favor of its return too.

I preferred the more modernized looking version that could be retracted so it could hang from his belt like a baton when he wasn't using it:

Oh, that costume. With the whole 'wearing my dead father's visor around my neck, why no, I don't have issues'. I really would have liked to see someone on the team at that point actually call him on that...

cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Default Failure as a Host?

Quote Originally Posted by Emissary of Justice View Post
    Getting Rachel back from space and having her to help Hope would've been pretty damn helpful to that.

Not true. Read "...In A Handful of Dust" at the end of AVX #6. The telepathy is bothering Cyclops majorly. We've yet to see inside the other P5 members to learn the effects and strain of this power on them.

This is my point. They've trained her for fighting and survival when she needed to train for the Phoenix.

Read New Avengers #27.

Rachel didn't leave Gold to help Hope become a host. She was just giving Cyclops some help. They all made it clear that their allegiances were still with the ideals of the JGHSL. Jean and Rachel were both failures as hosts. Two people never training and failing is hardly reason that Hope shouldn't train. Jean couldn't stop the Phoenix from constantly having her die and Rachel couldn't prevent it from abandoning her. Neither ever brought on an magnificent movement of change that reshaped the world into something better, which was what Cyclops had in mind.

Yes, writers depict whatever contributes. Summers' failure to prepare her properly is how we've reached this point. That doesn't make it any less stupid for the character. The X-Men had plenty of time to properly prep Hope prior to AVX. In New Avengers #27, Spider-Man did a better job in 3 pages than Cable and Cyclops have done in 4 years.
    What basis do you have stating that Rachel was a failure as the host? Rachel wasn't corrupted by the Phoenix force. It abruptly left her. During the time she had the force, she was able to make rational decisions and used the force ethically. Training for the Phoenix was never seen on panel and to be honest, a lot is not shown on panel, as another poster stated. Likewise, writers don't bother with details like what would constitute "training to host the Phoenix force". They pull that sh*t out of their asses and goes, ta-da, that'll explain 12 months of in-fighting between the Avengers and the X-men, and Cyclops digging himself a deeper hole as the current leader of the X-men. Cyclops doesn't have similar powers to the past two hosts that he is familiar with. Why would we even assume he's the one that was training her? It's possible, off-panel, he had the White Queen training her, or before half the X-men left Utopia, maybe Rachel (I forget if she was already off-planet when Hope and Cable arrived) and even Psylocke helped train her with any of her psy-powers. It's also possible that she was "training" with everyone's powers that she was in contact with. Maybe they helped her fine tune controlling weather, making ice slides, teleporting, flying. All that could have happened but none of us would have had the patience to sit through 15 pages of that crap, unless it was a stand alone comic with lascivious Greg Land artwork with all manner of butt shots of everyone from Pixie to Wolverine to Ariel. I dunno'. Rachel didn't suck as the Phoenix. If anything, she would have been the ideal teacher. But f*cking Wolverine had to do his own shit and not recognize this. What a f8cking maroon. "No, I'll take the little African girl I have a crush on and your daughter from a different timeline who could help Hope with the possibility of what the Phoenix experience will be like. Take that, muthapacker."