Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Was that the city of Atlantis?
    No idea. I havent played it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce-wayne View Post
    Azz's Wonder Woman had a very different confrontation with Poseidon, she got back-tentacled miles away. Flight or no flight. We didn't see the moves there which not flying can produce, as you say...
    What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Rose colored glasses for you then.

Although I think it was Atkins bad art that made it look like she walked on water. Lifting and throwing a car seems more impressive than tearing up a centaur (was previously made from a horse). These god-borne centaurs that nearly took down Hermes was more of a plot device than anything. Seems like the undefined powers that these Gods have, and all of a sudden Hermes can't push and save himself and Zola is pretty lame.

She shouldn't have broken a sweat against Aleka or any amazons even is she has half or less the power before the reboot. Not impressive.

Sorry, my list didn't need fixing up :-)
    you guys keep proving my point about fan service.

Quote Originally Posted by direction9 View Post
    you guys keep proving my point about fan service.
    Define what you mean about the fan service instead of leaving it vague and up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    What's your point?
    You said "not flying" allows her to display her fighting prowess and pull off incredible moves like Kratos did against Poseidon....
    And I'm bringing up Wonder Woman's own fight with Poseidon...fighting skills and the ability to not-fly (lol) didn't help her there.
    Last edited by Bruce-wayne; 06-27-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce-wayne View Post
    You said "not flying" allows her to display her fighting prowess and pull off incredible moves like Kratos did against Poseidon....
    And I'm bringing up Wonder Woman's own fight with Poseidon...fighting skills and the ability to not-fly didn't help her there.
    That's a strawman arguement.

BANNED

"The ability to not-fly" LOL.

I think that it suits the style of the book and the way it works. If they re playing up the greek mythology angle, with WW being a Hercules/Perseus kind of hero, then i think no flight works better...
    I respect your opinion to prefer a "no fly" rule - but I don't share it. For starters, this makes her even more generic, ala brother Herc. I prefer she stand out.

You say this increases the potential for impressive fight sceens - but I have yet to be impressed by the fight scenes. Very generic and uninspiring stuff when it comes to action in this book. Nothing remotely like Kratos. Even Percy Jackson did more. Also, I say impressive fight scenes can happen in the air in 3D - just takes some imagination and the right writer.

This book really needs a better fight choreographer. Weaksauce just ain't fulfilling for this superhero action junkie.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    I respect your opinion to prefer a "no fly" rule - but I don't share it. For starters, this makes her even more generic, ala brother Herc. I prefer she stand out.

You say this increases the potential for impressive fight sceens - but I have yet to be impressed by the fight scenes. Very generic and uninspiring stuff when it comes to action in this book. Nothing remotely like Kratos. Even Percy Jackson did more. Also, I say impressive fight scenes can happen in the air in 3D - just takes some imagination and the right writer.

This book really needs a better fight choreographer. Weaksauce just ain't fulfilling for this superhero action junkie.
    Choreographer, or artist?

Honestly I never got the impression that you might be a superhero action junkie. It makes it more impressive that you've hung around for this long in WW if that's the case. Apparently there was a fight action scene in 10 and we missed it. I thought Doggie-Woman was jumping over a barrier when it turns out she was punched by Wonder Woman and was in fact flying while reeling from the punch. Would've loved to have seen it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    Choreographer, or artist?
    I say choreographer because 1) I don't think Azzarello writes superhero action scenes all that well (coud be wrong, he doesn't send me the scripts for approval like I've asked him to ), and 2) I don't think the artists have done a great job (not poor either, just not really WOW like I want).

Honestly I never got the impression that you might be a superhero action junkie.
    Well, I like other things, too (good plot and all that) - but it is still a superhero comic, so let's get some ACTION!

... Would've loved to have seen it happen.
    AMEN! Especially given that last issue was all talky-talky build-up, the action (or lack thereof) this issue was such a let down. The only punch WW gets and we don't get to see it? Maybe the horse kicked the dog-girl, 'cause this WW is lacking action.
    - Longfellow

I would say that flying is too common now.
    I didnt say Azzarello is handing action well. I said it's the kind of action i'd like to see.

I would say that flying is too common now.
    And the Bat-family has the "I believe I can't fly" kung fu action grip characters covered in a wide range of 31 flavors (with a new one on the way). What I liked about vol.2-3 WW was that she could fly (ala the Super Family) but had the martial arts of the Bat-Family. Now, she's more generic action gal with a generic sword doing rather generic action.

... I didnt say Azzarello is handing action well. I said it's the kind of action i'd like to see.
    We need to pitch in and buy copies of God of War, Heavenly Sword, and Ninja Gaiden 2 (see kusuri gama) for Azzarello - a flip onto a horse is just old news. Get up to speed, you cranky ol' war god.

(please don't take this post very seriously - I'm just being cheeky. Mostly. )
    - Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    "The ability to not-fly" LOL.
    lol, that was sarcasm.

That's a strawman arguement.
    She can't fly, she has to rely on her fighting skills and pull off Kratos-esque moves. She still can't. What was the point of stripping away the ability, then. You see how she did against Poseidon. I don't like depowering to an extent where she can't do so much as bother Poseidon and all you need to do is back slap her and WW's done. None of us are getting what we want to see from WW. I'm seeing way too much weakness from her, and you are not getting the much anticipated fighting skills you were talking about since the series started. There's no argument at all now, is there.

What's the point of fighting skills if you can only defeat a centaur or two. Batman could do that. There is and should be a HUGE difference between Batman and WW.

And the Bat-family has the "I believe I can't fly" kung fu action grip characters covered in a wide range of 31 flavors (with a new one on the way). What I liked about vol.2-3 WW was that she could fly (ala the Super Family) but had the martial arts of the Bat-Family. Now, she's more generic action gal with a generic sword doing rather generic action.
    Exactly.

Aside from that, sure, flying is common but no-one uses it the way Wonder Woman does....performing various aerial maneuvers with the lasso, combining super-strength and martial arts and flight (flying kung fu FTW! XP) , like no other. If you're only interesting in grounded martial arts then the million Batbooks right now should satiate your appetite.

It also forces the writers to come up with better and more clever fight scenes than WW throwing punches in front of a blue background (the sky). I mean, if you look at DC's JL animated movies, WW and Batman are the ones who usually steal the show. Yeah Superman will fly and throw a punch, but it's WW's fighting and Batman's smarts that people always remember. That WW+Barda vs the Furies fight is still the best animated DC fight scene so far. Why? Because she doesnt fly around, but stays grounded and uses her skills.
    Yeah, no one talked about Superman vs. Darkseid or Superman vs. Doomsday. Oh, wait...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...