Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I'm not as excited for this movie as much as the originals but I will still see it. I think that is too to the fact it is too soon for a reboot and it just feels weird seeing new actors and a restated story not that long after Spider-Man 3. I do like how the movie seems to be taking some pages from Ultimate Spider-Man which is cool.I think another reason for everyone being worried about this film is because the originals came out at a time when comic book movies were just starting to do all the big effects they can do now. Also I think people had gotten to love the cast and seeing those characters and now only 5 years later everything is starting again. I don't like how one of the tag lines though was "uncover spider-mans greatest secrets" that makes it sound like its a sequel.

It would be interesting is Marvel brought Gwen Stacey back to life after this movie to try and attract more female readers. Sure she is still alive in Ultimate Spider-Man but I remember how back in 2007 during Spider-Man 3 Marvel did back in Black and even though Marvel says they didn't bring Harry back to appeal to movie readers I beg to differ lol.

I get to see a midnight showing this Friday. Ill report back to help you guys save some bucks if its crappy.

It's at 75% now. Not a gigantic drop from it's 93% but there's still many more reviews to come.
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_amazing_spider_man/
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

F*** RT....go see the damn movie, people
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Karl O'Neill View Post
    It's at 75% now. Not a gigantic drop from it's 93% but there's still many more reviews to come.
    That's based on only 20 reviews though so that's definitely not a real consensus yet. I'd say It's going to end up in the 81-83% range. I don't think Amazing is going to break any ground, but I do think it's going to breathe new life into the Spider-man franchise just like Batman Begins did for Batman.

And not to put on the tin-foil hat, but I get the feeling that a lot of the negative reviews will focus more on the fact that it is an "unnessecary reboot" than actual flaws of the movie.
    Last edited by OrpheusTelos; 06-27-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    "And in a few years, some rebellious little kid is going to turn up at your school with me on his t-shirt. 'Cyclops was right.'"

i think it would have been better as a tv show but im still gonna see it.

its more of a middle movie, its not gonna be groundbreaking but its not gonna be crap.
    Last edited by Zak213; 06-27-2012 at 11:35 AM.

I see it as one of those movies I can go see if there isn't anything good on at the theaters
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Zak213 View Post
    i think it would have been better as a tv show but im still gonna see it.

its more of a middle movie, its not gonna be groundbreaking but its not gonna be crap.
    tempted to agree....I do think it will be a better film than the original, but not as well received
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by OrpheusTelos View Post
    That's based on only 20 reviews though so that's definitely not a real consensus yet. I'd say It's going to end up in the 81-83% range. I don't think Amazing is going to break any ground, but I do think it's going to breathe new life into the Spider-man franchise just like Batman Begins did for Batman.

And not to put on the tin-foil hat, but I get the feeling that a lot of the negative reviews will focus more on the fact that it is an "unnessecary reboot" than actual flaws of the movie.
    Most of the negative reviews talk about this a lot from what I've seen and even the positive ones talk quite a bit about the predecessor so that seems so far to be the main sticking point with people which considering how much could've gone wrong is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I haven't read or watched Twilight, but the Twilight bashing and comparisons are starting to get REALLY old.

I'm willing to bet that Twilight isn't one of the worst movies ever made.
    The bashing is kind of sad, actually.
    It's not as if digging one genre of juvenile fiction over another is some sort of badge of honor.
    My stepdaughter loved the movies, so I am guessing that's the audience they are going after?
    Shocking, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl O'Neill View Post
    Off topic, but, man, where have you been, Karl?

Hey Darrell!

Lost my job and all so just spending more time reading and doing some vol work.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

i'm slightly more interested to see Dark Knight Rises. but, to be honest, i'm not all that excited for either movie. i'm a little burnt out on the superhero genre. maybe going in with low expectations will be to my benefit. *fingers crosses*
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by OrpheusTelos View Post
    Based on everything I've seen so far, you're probably on the money with this one.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i'm slightly more interested to see Dark Knight Rises. but, to be honest, i'm not all that excited for either movie. i'm a little burnt out on the superhero genre. maybe going in with low expectations will be to my benefit. *fingers crosses*
    I'm still going to see DKR based on the fact that I'm curious to see how Nolan is going to end his franchise before WB/DC reboot Batman again. Still I agree with you that unless there is a superhero film that really wowed me I might just avoid seeing them in theaters and wait for a DVD/Blue Ray release as I'm getting a little tired of the genre myself
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck