Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasm View Post
    And I got bashed on this forum by many months ago after the first trailer for basically calling it the Amazing Twilight Transformer Spider or something like that. Looks like some of the reviewers are saying the same. That doesn't mean it has to suck as there are some decent parts to the Twilight films even if they are surrounded by a god-awful teen angst romance (most who like to bash them haven't even seen them whereas I have a 13 year old daughter who is a Twi-hard so I have seen them with her). The Twilight movies have great music, great cinematography, snippets of a decent backstory to some characters, its just the love triangle that sucks so bad.

Anyway, at this point my excitement meter for this film is about a 3. Somewhere above Thats My Boy and just below th Dictator, neither of which I've seen and neither which I ever intend to see. I'll probably rent this movie at some point but I'm not going to pay movie theater price for it.
    Seriously? This again? You got bashed many months ago because you could.not.stop.harping about his 'Twilight hair', as though Robert Pattinson invented that look. Now here you are, months later, and you still can not let it go. Twilight has bad hair and angsty teenagers obsessed with their first romance. So does every friggin other movie about teenagers in the history of American cinema. If that's the sole basis for 'these are basically the same thing', then every action hero movie ever made about a rogue civil servant is 'basically Die Hard' and every romantic comedy Jennifer Aniston has ever starred in is 'basically one long movie'.
    Last edited by Kalen O.; 06-20-2012 at 01:55 PM.
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

Loser.

BANNED

This reminds me of how Superman Earth One was apparently like Twilight.

Yeah, people tend to thing Batmans origins end all and be all is the moment that his parents were gunned down. That wasn't his origin story, that was a pivotal moment in his life that set up the origin to come.

Same with Spiderman. His getting abilities from the spider bite wasn't his origin, his origin (what made him Spider-Man) wasn't even the moment that Uncle Ben died, it was the moment that he realized that he had the opportunity to stop the man who would kill his uncle, and didn't. That is THE moment that makes Spider-Man Spider-Man.

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

For me it comes down to the fact that I just can't get any interest up for this film. Maybe its the actors or maybe it the plot or maybe it was just to soon for a reboot of the franchise I don't know, but I honestly have pretty much zero interest in this film.

BANNED

The Twilight comparisons baffle me. So any movie with high school romance and a bit of angst is like Twilight now? That kind of thing was never done before Twilight? Hmmmm.

My guess is that it's probably more like 500 Days of Summer, which was awesome. It's angsty, it's about young romance, but it's kinda charming and comedic, rather than poorly written melodrama with cardboard cut out cypher characters like the Twilight series.

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    Batman Begins waited an hour to show Batman, and that first scene barely showed him. I don't think it's a big deal in and of itself. I really do grow tired of origin stories, though. But that's more to do with the amount of superhero movies happening these days.
    With Begins at least they bothered to do something different with the universe, not retell the same old story over and over like other superhero origins
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    The Twilight comparisons baffle me. So any movie with high school romance and a bit of angst is like Twilight now? That kind of thing was never done before Twilight? Hmmmm.

My guess is that it's probably more like 500 Days of Summer, which was awesome. It's angsty, it's about young romance, but it's kinda charming and comedic, rather than poorly written melodrama with cardboard cut out cypher characters like the Twilight series.
    Yeah that kind of cliche in high school movies came way before Twilight so I had to roll my eyes when critics would try and paint any high school film as a Twilight knock off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    This reminds me of how Superman Earth One was apparently like Twilight.
    Please. There was no Twilight resemblance in that

Waiting for Gwens BND Winter Bolt's Avatar

I sort of felt also it was a semi dick pete that let the burglar go which was the moment, so he never had much time to be a dick if at all as spiderman, sure he talks a lot but he isn't really potty humor and he tends to try and finish fights fast, all the trailers I've seen it looks like Pete is just a average dick. I was expecting/hoping for a ultimates pete but imo I don't see that from the previews. The movie seems to me like a complete reboot comedy/romance of the franchise.

Very little interest for the film, actors, plot, reboot personally. Would have rather seen a Gwen Stacey becomes Symbiote hero story and make pete be dork boy, sort of Empowerish, but I'd also love an Empowered movie too. Make Chloe Moretz Empowered and I will hold a sign saying this way to the show.

-------> This way... to the show.
    pew pew pew

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Bolt View Post
    I sort of felt also it was a semi dick pete that let the burglar go which was the moment, so he never had much time to be a dick if at all as spiderman, sure he talks a lot but he isn't really potty humor and he tends to try and finish fights fast, all the trailers I've seen it looks like Pete is just a average dick. I was expecting/hoping for a ultimates pete but imo I don't see that from the previews. The movie seems to me like a complete reboot comedy/romance of the franchise.

Very little interest for the film, actors, plot, reboot personally. Would have rather seen a Gwen Stacey becomes Symbiote hero story and make pete be dork boy, sort of Empowerish, but I'd also love an Empowered movie too. Make Chloe Moretz Empowered and I will hold a sign saying this way to the show.

-------> This way... to the show.
    Least that would be a different movie

Don't you know? Genre movies didn't exist before Twilight.

Heres the review where he says it is like Twilight

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...st-review.html

BANNED

He gives it 4 stars out of 5 though. So it's positive.

He gives it 4 stars out of 5 though. So it's positive.
    A guy who likes Twilight isn't what i would call a trustworthy reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    He never said he liked Twilight but that ASM seemed like it would appeal to women. Review is up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Same could be said for those who are biased against Twilight related movies. They are the kind of films to make fun of MST3K style
    Last edited by Legato; 06-20-2012 at 04:02 PM.