Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Rice View Post
    Hmmm. What if I did "whatever the artist is known for/wants" AS a Mexican wrestler?????
    Not quite as unique as the legendary "cliffs" series, but damned original. Plus, it has the upside of seeing what certain artists consider "their" characters.

Yes. I think that's a winner.
    Last edited by Dreadstar; 06-22-2012 at 10:14 AM.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Not for me, unless they're in the same room while I'm watching it. In which case I would probably just tell them to shut the fuck up because Luke's making the trench run, and nobody talks when Luke makes the trench run.
    Yeah, see, I get this exact same feel when I hear about how DC is ruining Watchmen.

Nah, my copy is in my bookcase, and Didio never came by to recall it.

But I get where the "ruined it" people are coming from. It's individually subjective.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I really wasn't thrilled with anything post-Crisis. Cap being in the DCU just doesn't cut it for me.
    ...and that was the simple crux of the matter.

Are the Geoff Johns/Gary Frank "Shazam" backup stories set in the same universe as the regular NuDCU? Or are they set on a parallel, Shazam-only world?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    As a guy in his mid-20s, I agree with everything this other guy says.

(See also Batgirl. Barbara Gordon stopped being Batgirl a few months after I was born)
    Likewise except that I'm almost forty. I knew Hal Jordan, but he was always boring. Until he came back and then he was just a jerk. I didn't follow comics much as a kid so most of my experience with Babs is as Oracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    Yeah, see, I get this exact same feel when I hear about how DC is ruining Watchmen.

Nah, my copy is in my bookcase, and Didio never came by to recall it.

But I get where the "ruined it" people are coming from. It's individually subjective.
    Yeah, I can empathize as well. I'm generally good with creating my own continuity of what I accept, but some stuff leaves such a bad taste in my mouth that I can't go back and look at the other stuff without thinking of it - at least for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Second wave? Batman Inc, Dial H, Worlds Finest and Earth 2 are all books I'm enjoying to 1 degree or another...

Dial H is brilliant stuff.

And it's not selling that great? It's China Melville! He already has a fanbase for feck's sake DC!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    Likewise except that I'm almost forty. I knew Hal Jordan, but he was always boring.

"Now things can be just like they were a long time ago all over again!"
    - Shortpacked
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Omega View Post
    Nothing really. It's an okay show peppered with pretty good episodes.

But people go nutty Kookoo apeshit over it like it's the second coming of sci fi TV Jesus, and it's really just OK.
    I think it has an energy and perspective all too rare in mainstream TV Sci-Fi. As Craig Ferguson put it: "the triumph of intellect and romance over brute force and cynicism" (not that I don't like a little cynicism).
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...