Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61
  1. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    155

    Default

    I gotta say what makes this interesting to me is how more dangerous ultimate mysterio is compared to when hes in 616. I think its safe to say that since hes using a proxy, hes more comfortable with doing things like killing ultimate kingpin because hes sure it wont get back to him in any way. Hes like a kid in a candystore so hes more free to be brutish and blunt without fear of retaliation.

  2. #47
    Senior Member Trallis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Providence
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by President Kang View Post
    ^ Yeah, i'm fine with that but I think they could have easily dotted an i in Mysterio's resurrection if they had gone the other way.
    i agree.. but then I guess it wouldn't have made sense that the avatar was in the ultimate universe and not 616.

    I guess the explanation is that he sees the Ultimate U as his playground where he can do whatever he wants.. he'd rather not enter the universe himself because he feels safer in his own world at his own lair. He can do more risky stuff in the UU because it would be impossible to for SHIELD to make an arrest because he's actually in a different Universe. Although I'm pretty sure the end of this story will see 616 Mysterio become a prisoner of Ultimate shield. Now that they know of the dimensional portal it's only a matter of time before nick fury goes to the 616 to make an arrest.

  3. #48
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    Yeah, Mysterio probably views the UU like a video game. He doesn't fear what he does there because if he dies he has an unlimited number of continues and there are no consequences. I do think it would be awesome if he's arrested and kept in the UU as a prisoner. That would take him out of 616 where he's supposed to be dead anyway and leave an opening for that sequel that Bendis mentioned.

    All this being said, I still don't get back in the first arc after Ultimatum when Ultimate Mysterio was unmasked by Shroud. He was clearly not an avatar. So was he actually wearing the suit back then and realized that it was too dangerous to be Ultimate Mysterio in person?

    I also don't get why he has a different avatar for each universe he visits. I figured if he was travelling incognito it would make sense, but if there is no native Ultimate Mysterio then who the heck cares what he looks like? Fish-bowl it up at that point. I think that Bendis had originally not intended him to actually be 616 Mysterio. Both this logic and the unmasking after Ultimatum make me lean toward that.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  4. #49
    Ultimate Mod! Plawsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    7,374

    Default

    Oh yeah, there's no way this was the original plan. Though, I think it's actually a pretty cool reveal. I just hope there's some solid explanation.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

    I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

  5. #50
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Or perhaps 616 Mysterio really IS Ultimate Mysterio and is using tech that allows him to control a robot body across the dimensional rift. So many possibilities.
    I just want to say for the record that I posted the above before Bendis even revealed it over Twitter and I pretty much got it spot on.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  6. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Yeah, Mysterio probably views the UU like a video game. He doesn't fear what he does there because if he dies he has an unlimited number of continues and there are no consequences. I do think it would be awesome if he's arrested and kept in the UU as a prisoner. That would take him out of 616 where he's supposed to be dead anyway and leave an opening for that sequel that Bendis mentioned.

    All this being said, I still don't get back in the first arc after Ultimatum when Ultimate Mysterio was unmasked by Shroud. He was clearly not an avatar. So was he actually wearing the suit back then and realized that it was too dangerous to be Ultimate Mysterio in person?

    I also don't get why he has a different avatar for each universe he visits. I figured if he was travelling incognito it would make sense, but if there is no native Ultimate Mysterio then who the heck cares what he looks like? Fish-bowl it up at that point. I think that Bendis had originally not intended him to actually be 616 Mysterio. Both this logic and the unmasking after Ultimatum make me lean toward that.
    But wasnt there a real ultimate mysterio at some point. I think there was a kid dressed with a fish bowl head in an ultimate spiderman annual or something.

  7. #52
    BAMF!!!!! KurtW95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    14,592

    Default

    Bendis has absolutely no regard for continuity.

    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

  8. #53
    Ultimate Mod! Plawsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    7,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genisstorm View Post
    But wasnt there a real ultimate mysterio at some point. I think there was a kid dressed with a fish bowl head in an ultimate spiderman annual or something.
    That was just an actor for the Spider-man movie.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

    I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

  9. #54
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    That was just an actor for the Spider-man movie.
    Yes, and 616 Mysterio was a failed actor. Who's to say 616 Mysterio hasn't entered the UU? I think it's very likely that he has.

  10. #55
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I just want to say for the record that I posted the above before Bendis even revealed it over Twitter and I pretty much got it spot on.
    You claim to have FIRST come up with a lot of theories. Such as the Children turning on Reed, which after Fallout #5 was already fairly obvious to a lot of posters, including myself. I think most of the posters on this board had that same theory.

  11. #56
    @ALLENRICKETTS Codah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dallas. TX
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    I'm pro Balfro.
    Comics are more better.

  12. #57
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    You claim to have FIRST come up with a lot of theories. Such as the Children turning on Reed, which after Fallout #5 was already fairly obvious to a lot of posters, including myself. I think most of the posters on this board had that same theory.
    That's fair. But jumping in after the fact and claiming to have made the same theory doesn't hold much weight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    I'm pro Balfro.
    why thank you, sir
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  13. #58
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    That's fair. But jumping in after the fact and claiming to have made the same theory doesn't hold much weight.
    Doesn't it? Everyone had made the same theory. That's what I'm getting at.

  14. #59
    Senior Member Trallis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Providence
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    I was the first one to call it an Avatar, do I get a prize now?

  15. #60
    Senior Member Trallis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Providence
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    Even though it might not have been his original plan, that doesn't take away from it being a good idea, and it does work with the continuity. Everyone knows George Lucas never planned on Leia being Luke's sister until he needed a big reveal for ROTJ but that turned out to be an awesome idea and resulted in a solid ending. The problem of who would get the girl without the other lead male hero looking like a loser was solved. As for Mysterio I'd like an explanation on why he uses the avatar, but if it's not explained that doesn't mean it doesn't make sense, it just means it's up to anyone's imagination why Mysterio does what he does. He's crazy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •