Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

One of the big retcons is making Peter's life as Spider-Man only a year long. It was clearly, AT LEAST, two years long. Unless Peter was fourteen when he was bitten and in his Freshmen year...which I think MIGHT work. However, it did state that he was fifteen. But it did not state he was a sophmore for a while, did it? I'll have to check on that.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

As far as Ultimate Human goes, it's not rendered non canon just yet. While Card's Iron Man 1 and 2 are gone from canon, it's certainly possible that portions of the stories are valid.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    As far as Ultimate Human goes, it's not rendered non canon just yet. While Card's Iron Man 1 and 2 are gone from canon, it's certainly possible that portions of the stories are valid.
    Exactly. I still say that the Spanish cartoon has taken events and points from actual continuity and just altered them for effect. Obviously Tony really used tha armor early in his career and the cartoon (Card's Iron Man) just worked with some fact but added a lot of fiction to it, like Blue Skin Tony.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

You want continuity errors?

New Ultimates

-Iron Man incorrectly states that he came up with the idea for the Ultimates (it was Nick Fury)
    -Cap incorrectly states that he received his current shield during WW2
    -Loeb gives Thor an origin that compelled contradicts the one Hickman gave Thor in Ultimate Thor

Ultiimate X

-Wolverine apparently remembers Jimmy, even though his memory was wiped
    -Karen sates that Banner is an expert in Gamma radiation (he isn't)
    -616 Wasp, Thing, and Captain America all appear as background
    -Colossus is drawn as his 616 counterpart (with the lines)
    -Spiral is shown in captivity at the end, though her presence there makes no sense (she's from Genosha)

Ultimate Avengers

-Johnny shows up in the first issue, even though he was wandering Europe at the time
    -Tony Stark incorrectly states that he invented the arc reactor to power Iron Man (there is no arc reactor in the UU)
    -Nerd Hulk incorrectly states that he is the product of Gamma radiation
    -The EU heroes show up inexplicably, even though they were supposed to have died in Ultimatum
    -Monica incorrectly states that she met Spider-Man before he died
    -An Ultimate Maximus appears (name only) , even though Millar already Ultimized Maximus in Ultimate Fantastic Four
    -Banner is given a mentor without ever explaining how that fits with the origin Hulk was given in Ultimate Origins
    -Red Wasp's former identity is incorrectly identified several times
    -Thor is shown LIVING with Jane Foster, though he had just gotten out of a relationship with Valkyrie

Ultimate Spider-Man

-Tony Stark is drawn with an arc reactor sticking out of his chest
    -The Ultimates are called the Avengers several times
    -Two separate Mysterio scenes are inexplicably merged into one in a later arc
    -Thor is drawn with his old costume
    -Peter celebrates his 16th birthday, even though he should be older by this point

Ultimate Armor Wars

-Parliament is shown intact, though it was supposed to have been blown up shortly before

Ultimate Fallout

-The Bugle is shown as a physical newspaper, though it had gone fully digital by that point
    -Damage Control is shown working for SHIELD, though they had been villains in their last appearance
    -616 SHIELD logo shows up numerous times
    -Clint is seen sporting a shaved head, though he hasn't had that look since The Ultimates 2
    -One Helicarrier is shown with motors instead of those antigravity things they've sported since the beginning
    -One of Pym's robots is shown working with SHIELD, despite the fact that they haven't been seen since the Ultimates 3, wherein they were used as servants for a then-private Ultimates
    -616 Cap, Wasp, and Cyclops make appearances
    Last edited by SpeedofLife; 06-20-2012 at 07:15 PM.

BANNED

Loeb's Thor

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    You want continuity errors?
    Most of those aren't errors though.

-Iron Man incorrectly states that he came up with the idea for the Ultimates (it was Nick Fury)
    Do we actually know that for sure?

-Wolverine apparently remembers Jimmy, even though his memory was wiped
    It's entirely possible that he found out about him during his soul searching at some point.

-Karen sates that Banner is an expert in Gamma radiation (he isn't)
    Sure he is, it just wasn't mentioned before this point. Just because Hulk isn't gamma based in the UU doesn't mean that Bruce isn't a gamma expert.

-Spiral is shown in captivity at the end, though her presence there makes no sense (she's from Genosha)
    So? They could have gone to Genosha and taken her.

-Johnny shows up in the first issue, even though he was wandering Europe at the time
    I don't think it's ever stated that he hadn't been back in the states during that time. Maybe he just came back to get some clothes.

-Tony Stark incorrectly states that he invented the arc reactor to power Iron Man (there is no arc reactor in the UU)
    Just like Banner with gamma radiation, this isn't wrong; it's just something we didn't know yet.

-Nerd Hulk incorrectly states that he is the product of Gamma radiation
    Why can't that be correct?

-Monica incorrectly states that she met Spider-Man before he died
    There's nothing really stating they didn't meet, we just didn't see it happen.

-An Ultimate Maximus appears (name only) , even though Millar already Ultimized Maximus in Ultimate Fantastic Four
    It's just a name.

-Thor is shown LIVING with Jane Foster, though he had just gotten out of a relationship with Valkyrie
    Not a continuity error, really. It's just kind of sloppy.

-Parliament is shown intact, though it was supposed to have been blown up shortly before
    Damage Control is fast.

-The Bugle is shown as a physical newspaper, though it had gone fully digital by that point
    They could have easily done a special print edition for something as significant as Spidey's death.

-Damage Control is shown working for SHIELD, though they had been villains in their last appearance
    SHIELD almost certainly has more damage control than just the Wrecking Crew.

-One of Pym's robots is shown working with SHIELD, despite the fact that they haven't been seen since the Ultimates 3, wherein they were used as servants for a then-private Ultimates
    That doesn't mean that SHIELD doesn't still have some Pym robots around.

-616 Wasp, Thing, and Captain America all appear as background
    -Colossus is drawn as his 616 counterpart (with the lines)
    -Tony Stark is drawn with an arc reactor sticking out of his chest
    -Thor is drawn with his old costume
    -616 SHIELD logo shows up numerous times
    -Clint is seen sporting a shaved head, though he hasn't had that look since The Ultimates 2
    -One Helicarrier is shown with motors instead of those antigravity things they've sported since the beginning
    -616 Cap, Wasp, and Cyclops make appearances
    Yeah... art is art.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

BANNED

I think this page is a lot more accurate than the first. :)

the weirdest person on ea ULTIMATEfreek69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Exactly. I still say that the Spanish cartoon has taken events and points from actual continuity and just altered them for effect. Obviously Tony really used tha armor early in his career and the cartoon (Card's Iron Man) just worked with some fact but added a lot of fiction to it, like Blue Skin Tony.
    yeah but alot of the basis of the story focuses around tony being made up of neural tissue, so that would have to be still cannon for the serries to really work unless they came out and reworked the motivations of the leader in capturing them. i personally like they tony as one jiant brain thing.
    Monthly/Limited: All things Ultimate, Nemisis, scarlet, superior, marvel zombies 5

the weirdest person on ea ULTIMATEfreek69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    You want continuity errors

-Red Wasp's former identity is incorrectly identified several times

Ultimate Spider-Man

-The Ultimates are called the Avengers several times
    -Two separate Mysterio scenes are inexplicably merged into one in a later arc

when was red wasps identity incorectly identified? same for the ultimates miss-naming and mysterio thingies

and as far as damage controll is concerned, could be other characters that were the badguy ones with similar power sets. they dont have to be one in the same. besides, that was loeb :P
    Monthly/Limited: All things Ultimate, Nemisis, scarlet, superior, marvel zombies 5

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by ULTIMATEfreek69 View Post
    when was red wasps identity incorectly identified? same for the ultimates miss-naming and mysterio thingies

and as far as damage controll is concerned, could be other characters that were the badguy ones with similar power sets. they dont have to be one in the same. besides, that was loeb :P
    Red Wasp was what's her name from The Ultimates 2 whose bones were broken when a Giant Man squashed her.

I think it's incredibly ignorant to think that S.H.I.E.L.D. wouldn't have more then one Damage Control, also it was Bendis, not Loeb.

About Iron Man's 616 armor in the Ultimate Verse. Okay honestly as opposed to coming up with a bunch of new designs that would never see action, they reused designs probably with the intent for people to notice the 616 design. Though i really wish that would have explained how Tony went from his first armor to the 616 esque armor. But I think they are working to undo Loeb's damage and make it more Ultimate again with the armor for issue 13.

Quote Originally Posted by neoblackdragon View Post
    About Iron Man's 616 armor in the Ultimate Verse. Okay honestly as opposed to coming up with a bunch of new designs that would never see action, they reused designs probably with the intent for people to notice the 616 design. Though i really wish that would have explained how Tony went from his first armor to the 616 esque armor. But I think they are working to undo Loeb's damage and make it more Ultimate again with the armor for issue 13.
    Well, in Armor Wars they showed that his main armor was no longer the most advanced on the market since his designs were popping up all over the world. Not only was he beaten and his armor left in shambles, but he felt the need to out-do all of the other copies out there. He retired that armor in Ultimate Spider-Man #150 and then began work on the Movie armor, which was more advanced than anything out there (aside from War Machine, that is). So yes, they did explain WHY he went the Movie armor route, however the part that makes no sense is why they CHOSE the movie armor. They could have very easily introduced something that was visually the next logical evolved form of that armor. As we've seen one of Tony's first armors was the (O__O) face armor, followed by his first Ultimates armor, which looked to be an upgraded version of it. The next logical form should have been what we are receiving now in DWF. However, better late than never I suppose.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by ULTIMATEfreek69 View Post
    i thought the big problem was a few references to the reed science center, doom, and the ult. marvel teamup issue but that last one was said non cannon. idk what the spiderman examples could be tho
    In early Ultimate Spider-Man you have stuff like references to the Hulk roaming around Utah, Janet Pym introducing herself as Janet Van Dyne, a Dr Pym being in #13 and other little quirks.

As for the Fantastic Four, both Ultimate Spider-Man and the Ultimates act like the Fantastic Four are well established early while in the Ultimate Fantastic Four series they explicitly come around after those references were made.

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    One of the big retcons is making Peter's life as Spider-Man only a year long. It was clearly, AT LEAST, two years long. Unless Peter was fourteen when he was bitten and in his Freshmen year...which I think MIGHT work. However, it did state that he was fifteen. But it did not state he was a sophmore for a while, did it? I'll have to check on that.
    Its referenced that he is a sophmore in issue 28 (referred to as having a sophmore slump, though it could be a figure of speech) and a few issues before that its revealed that the spider-bite/Oscorp explosion happened in November. So unless Peter was born in the last six weeks or so into the year he was a sophmore.

But yeah, the time line is majorly buggered. Off the top of my head there are three major time skips. As of Issue 13 Peter had been Spider-Man for three months. As of Issue 72 it was nine months. And there is also the six month time skip of Ultimatum. So in total we know that starting with Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1 Peter has been Spider-Man for 15 months and if we assume no time passes outside of stated timeskips Peter died in February and by that logic it was most likely that he had his birthday in Februrary. There is no way around it, he had to have been 17 when he died and in fact should have turned 16 three months after becoming Spider-Man if we ignore the passage of time between the Hobgoblin arc and Ultimatum and the passage of time during the post-Ultimatum run.

I hate math.