Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I just finished the first issue and I have to say it was every bit as fun as the art led me to believe.

Sanford Greene's art really conveys a fluid sense of motion that really pops from panel to panel and it it's a wonderful match to the fast paced plot and the light banter between Babs, Carrie and Poison Ivy.

I was initially hesitant to buy this but after picking up and fully enjoying Wonder Woman it was an easy choice. Though in both Wonder Woman and now in Batgirl the dialog can be a bit clunky the energy in the characters more than makes up for it. There's just a sense a sense of joy through out the whole thing that makes impossible for me not to love it.

So far though I think Batgirl might be a little stronger than WW, I just found the world we were introduced to in Batgirl to be much stronger than it was in WW, though I admit that might just be my bias towards the Bat line of books talking.
    Great review! If I were to try tackling one my thoughts would mirror these just about exact. I was thinking to myself how I liked Wonder Woman a bit better but that might have been due to my character bias. :) Either way, you can't beat this amount of entertainment for 99 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    (sigh) I only really enjoy actual print so I guess may have to wait for a (fingers crossed) TPB, as I'm getting the personal sense that DC wants most of their digital line to stay just that.
    Just bite the bullet, it's totally worth it and I think you'd love it as it has a very old school Babs feel to it.

And its only a buck.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Well I bit it, in more ways than one. I just finished reading the issue after online purchase and it was just.......SO.....TERRIBLE! If I didn't already have Type II Diabetes I would have after reading this sickly sugary bubblegum fest. The writing was so hamfisted, the book outside of the small amounts of raciness in some of the female characters outfits, came straight out of a DC kids line book. (shudder) Just awful.

I'll stick with the regular Batgirl title as I enjoy the themes, writing, and especially oncoming artist E.B., but as to the Ame-Comi version I will have to pass on any future installments. Wow, I just want to wash my brain of all that bubbleguminess I've absorbed.

Different strokes for different folks, it's great that there are now 3 separate titles for people to choose from who are fans of Barbara's Batgirl, and for now it'll just be the main solo book for my preferred tastes, but everyone else enjoy
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

I like DC kids line books just fine, the characterizations are generally really good, the stories are always fun.

As you said, different strokes.

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

I normally don't like buying digital versions of my comics, but this one was totally worth it. It's not going to make me convert to digital or anything, but I think buying this series in digital format is justifiable (for me). I also bought the Wonder Woman mini, which was good.

The only thing I didn't really like about the Batgirl issue was the art. In some places, it looked great, but then it looked terrible in other places (for example, Duela's legs on the last page looked really weird) . I prefer more consistency. It's not enough to put me off of the series, but still. Who's doing the art on the ongoing?

Anyway, short version: good issue, good premise, good characterization, lots of fun. I recommend it (and the Wonder Woman mini).
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarcon View Post
    I normally don't like buying digital versions of my comics, but this one was totally worth it. It's not going to make me convert to digital or anything, but I think buying this series in digital format is justifiable (for me). I also bought the Wonder Woman mini, which was good.

The only thing I didn't really like about the Batgirl issue was the art. In some places, it looked great, but then it looked terrible in other places (for example, Duela's legs on the last page looked really weird) . I prefer more consistency. It's not enough to put me off of the series, but still. Who's doing the art on the ongoing?

Anyway, short version: good issue, good premise, good characterization, lots of fun. I recommend it (and the Wonder Woman mini).
    I agree, i just read it and it was pure fun, generic and smart, i particularly like that here Jim is in a wheelchair

but i agree the art felt very generic, and mangaish, kind of reminded me of the Mangaverse Marvel style, it just doesnt look good but the story is just fun
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Only time I have read a good story of Babs. I wish the main universe was more like this with her.

The only thing I didn't like was Jim Gordon being so milquetoast. Gordon has always been tough as nails. To have him be so beaten by life was depressing.
    Free your soul and let it fly....