Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Comic books you hate or disliked

I want to know what comics out that people bought and hate them. Or even if you didn't buy them what are some comics that you just despise?

Ill start. These 2 comics I hate so much just looking at the covers. I would literally not takes these if they were given to me for free. Id treat them as trash lol.

So what comics do you hate?

Whoops wrong thread section. This was meant for community.

mil't 'sthete&consumerist

^For us who "live in the past" (unapologetically so), can you explain who those two are on your second choice? And why it's a photo?

Morrison's X-Men run, Batman run,and Superman run, Batman Inc.
    Anything Ultimate, Aaron's X-Men and Hulk, Bendis' Avengers, Wells' SHED.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by needler420 View Post
    I want to know what comics out that people bought and hate them. Or even if you didn't buy them what are some comics that you just despise?

Ill start. These 2 comics I hate so much just looking at the covers. I would literally not takes these if they were given to me for free. Id treat them as trash lol.

The second one was quite good. ANd I'm really looking forward to the movie.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Millar's Kick-Ass. Or at least the first 2 issues; after those, I couldn't bear the thought of reading any further, just as I can't really bear the thought of living on a planet in which Millar himself is allowed to roam free.

Morrison's SeaGuy, which I think must be the litmus test for whether the reader thinks Mr. Magic is possessed of godlike genius or not. (Obviously, I come down in the "not" camp.)
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 06-17-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

So what comics do you hate?

Whoops wrong thread section. This was meant for community.
    Just out of curiosity, why didn't you like spider-men. Maybe the cover wasn't fantastic, but the art on the inside was great and the story was nice too

Gerber's Defenders, which generally gets a lot of love around here.

Possibly the most unlikeable group of characters ever put together. Basically it's Dr. Strange and his super annoying useless pals. Especially Valkyrie's ex husband Jack, a character I would like to shoot into the sun. The guy's super power was whining.

I get that it's unique group of loveable losers and give it points for trying to do something different, but ugh I hate it so much. Stuff like Elf With a Gun and the Headsmen which others seem to get a big kick out of leave me completely cold.

Only saving grace for me is some nice Sal Buscema art.
    Life looks better in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Millar's Kick-Ass. Or at least the first 2 issues; after those, I couldn't bear the thought of reading any further, just as I can't really bear the thought of living on a planet in which Millar himself is allowed to roam free.

Morrison's SeaGuy, which I think must be the litmus test for whether the reader thinks Mr. Magic is possessed of godlike genius or not. (Obviously, I come down in the "not" camp.)
    Dan, Grant Morrison tends to have two different modes. Super weird mode and full on classic silver age love-fest. I think you would enjoy the latter a bit more. Something like All Star Superman for example.

I dislike all the comics I've read that we're drawn by John romita jr. His art style just looks so bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Randumbz View Post
    I dislike all the comics I've read that we're drawn by John romita jr. His art style just looks so bad...
    I don't really agree, but his style isn't my favorite. It's funny, I've always thought his original style was so much nicer looking, much closer to his father's style and without the blocky look he changed over to in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    I'm a Morrison fan who had trouble with Seaguy when I first read it monthly. On repeated readings, I think it's a pretty brilliant work, and better than anything that Morrison has written since The Filth. Not for everyone, though, and definitely not for people who want to read their comics on face value.

I hope we can agree that Cam Stewart is among the top ten artists of our young century, though.

BANNED

I hate them mainly for the covers. I'm pretending its the 90's and 56k dial up is just becoming a common thing. How did we pick our comics out before the internet and previews? by the covers that's how. It was the samething with video games back in the day then video games magazines with reviews first came out.

To me the cover is a big part of the comic. The two rules to comics is like the art and like the story but IMO the art on the covers in the two pics i posted make me want to puke. Hopefully the story wasn't as bad as the art. I'm looking forward to the new spiderman movie also but these comics my god.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BDiogenes View Post
    ^For us who "live in the past" (unapologetically so), can you explain who those two are on your second choice? And why it's a photo?
    The Spider-Man movie universe has been rebooted and a new Spider-Man movie is coming out soon. These two on the cover are the actors that play Gwen Stacy and Spider-Man on the movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin9977 View Post
    The Spider-Man movie universe has been rebooted and a new Spider-Man movie is coming out soon. These two on the cover are the actors that play Gwen Stacy and Spider-Man on the movie.

Which btw are both actors I like. The guy playing spiderman played Zuckbergs roomate in social network. A group of friends in a Jewish fraternity that form facebook.

And the girl is from superbad and zombieland. Superbad being another all time favorite movie. I really love the actors they got for the movies they got the movie looking nice these comics I posted are a joke to me though.

I hate them mainly for the covers. I'm pretending its the 90's and 56k dial up is just becoming a common thing. How did we pick our comics out before the internet and previews? by the covers that's how. It was the samething with video games back in the day then video games magazines with reviews first came out.

To me the cover is a big part of the comic. The two rules to comics is like the art and like the story but IMO the art on the covers in the two pics i posted make me want to puke. Hopefully the story wasn't as bad as the art. I'm looking forward to the new spiderman movie also but these comics my god.
    What I find odd about that Spider-Men cover is that Peter and Miles basically have the exact same face except for the color of their skin.