Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Marvel Zombie strathcona's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    4,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think they ever stated why MM was in the raft in NA... but I think a theme of that book was villains being locked up without proper due process. So it's possible at the time at least he did absolutely nothing to get locked up.
    No explanation was given to Molecule Man's appearance in the Raft... in fact there were many villains in the Breakout arc that shouldn't have been there (dead, retired, etc.). It's been long speculated that Bendis just went through the OHOTMU Deluxe Edition and picked out villains he thought looked cool, without actually knowing anything about their statuses. Onbce he'd done that, he was free to use Molecule Man again later in DA.

    I too would love to see Molecule Man and Volcana back, and not have either of them interested in being villains or heroes... just living their lives... but sometimes being sucked into the greater goings on in the MU.

  2. #32
    Bieber My Balls Tiamatican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I too would love to see Molecule Man and Volcana back, and not have either of them interested in being villains or heroes... just living their lives... but sometimes being sucked into the greater goings on in the MU.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Volcana giving heroism a try.

  3. #33
    Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    16,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    No explanation was given to Molecule Man's appearance in the Raft.
    Retiring from a life of crime doesn't actually absolve a villain of their previous escapades.

    In his last '90s appearance, he carved Marsha's face into Mount Rushmore. While sweet, I'd imagine the feds took a fairly dim view of that one.
    Expletive Deleted

  4. #34
    Senior Member Corey W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Retiring from a life of crime doesn't actually absolve a villain of their previous escapades.

    In his last '90s appearance, he carved Marsha's face into Mount Rushmore. While sweet, I'd imagine the feds took a fairly dim view of that one.
    He presumably fixed it. Can't we take a no harm, no foul approach with guys capable of obliterating the galaxy with a thought?

  5. #35
    Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    16,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey W View Post
    He presumably fixed it. Can't we take a no harm, no foul approach with guys capable of obliterating the galaxy with a thought?
    It seems like a good idea, but then you find yourself wished away to the cornfield.

    Seriously though, if you need a rationale for why he ended up in prison, it's not a huge leap.
    Expletive Deleted

  6. #36
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    It seems like a good idea, but then you find yourself wished away to the cornfield.

    Seriously though, if you need a rationale for why he ended up in prison, it's not a huge leap.
    Like I said though, the story itself did imply that SHIELD was dragging people off without offering trials or administering due process.

    And truthfully, for a guy THAT dangerous, I think it's almost expected that they wouldn't want him just wandering around if they had the means of capturing him (which apparently they did somehow).

  7. #37
    MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    14,245

    Default

    I really don't get why there would be a lack of due process when it's so easy.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

  8. #38
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    I really don't get why there would be a lack of due process when it's so easy.
    We saw in places like the Cube where there was some experimentation going on. Stark later did that too in the She-Hulk book. When you're doing a few things shady, it's probably easier not to involve lawyers and judges.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •