Default Batman & Zatanna question

In "The Heart of Hush" I remember a conversation between Batman & Zatanna that indicated that there was a romantic relationship between them. When did that happen? Was it pre- or post-Identity Crisis? Are there any trades? Thanks in advance!

I don't know how much this will help you, but a couple issues of Paul Dini's Detective run dealt with Batman & Zatanna. They also hinted at a past relationship and were IMO the best issues of his run. They are Detective Comics 833 & 834.

Heart of Hush is also written by Dini so there should be some similarities & crossover.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Thanks. Those 2 are collected in Batman: Death and the City so it won't be hard to find!

that was a carryover from the timm-verse and lampshaded in YJ with Dick and zattanna ship.

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    In "The Heart of Hush" I remember a conversation between Batman & Zatanna that indicated that there was a romantic relationship between them. When did that happen? Was it pre- or post-Identity Crisis? Are there any trades? Thanks in advance!
    So essentially, it didn't really happen in any old stories, Paul Dini just retconned it in.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

No, they were merely childhood friends.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    So essentially, it didn't really happen in any old stories, Paul Dini just retconned it in.
    Didn't he do it so that Bruce had gone to Zatara when he was in pre-Batman training and met Zatanna that way?

I seem to remember that in

but don't know where else it may have been.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Didn't he do it so that Bruce had gone to Zatara when he was in pre-Batman training and met Zatanna that way?

I seem to remember that in
    [the tie-in comic for the tv cartoon]
    but don't know where else it may have been.
    It happened nowhere else as far as I know.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post

Right, then people were like, "Hey, isn't Bruce supposed to be like 10 years older than she is?"
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Right, then people were like, "Hey, isn't Bruce supposed to be like 10 years older than she is?"
    Some women prefer older, slightly more mature men.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

But the retcon was that they were childhood friends, close to the same age when a lot of fans thought of Zee as being in her mid-20s and Bruce around 35.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    But the retcon was that they were childhood friends, close to the same age when a lot of fans thought of Zee as being in her mid-20s and Bruce around 35.
    Mmmmmmmmagic!
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...