Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

Now I'm curious to know how the vamps, uber-vamps, and the Master would do against the different "Courts" in the Dresdenverse.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Also who is the most powerful person Illyria de-evolved?
    That would be the Old One, Arsgomor. It's a Godzilla sized demon. Aside from beating up Illyria, breaking out of the Deeper Well, and launching sharp spikes, he didn't do much. Illyria reversed his timeline by turning him into a fetus. Their whole fight is more of a feat for Illyria, given how she held her own, and displayed a new power set (as far as her humanoid form is concerned).

When we last saw Illyria, she was saving Angel in the future. She's nowhere near her Primordial Old One levels, who was on the verge of destroying reality, but she's definitely above her TV Level showings. Slowing down time is no longer Illyria's best feat because she can now travel to the past and future with ease. She can also control plant life, which is how she restrained Arsgomor long enough to 'de-age' him.
    "I am her ending. But she, and I, and him, and them... we... matter. We lose, we love. And in so doing... we become."
    -Illyria

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    That said, I'm not even sure that the Fae have souls, much less beings like Archangels or the Nagloshi.
    Souls are more of a human thing so it is kind of implied (except when it is stated) the most other beings don't have them.

Except angels. Because Angels are nothing but soul.

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

As the two universes are "meeting" Would Ivy the Archive have full access to anything ever written down in the Buffyverse? And therefore access to all of their spells ever recorded? Also, Ivy, if this is bloodlust and an hour prep, could be sharing a TON of information with a TON of wizards putting them way over the top of their normal showings.

Discounting the "cosmics" that are Illyria and Uriel, I think Dresdenverse takes it. With the battle of the higher ups, I'm not sure. Uriel would seem to narrowly take it in my opinion, but could easily be a stalemate.
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

Yeah, Ivy is dangerous with prep. If it were longer time, Dresden and some others (or even Ivy herself) could use the Darkhallow and that'd be scary.

Also, insert obligatory Toot Toot soloes here.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Oh, and Kemmler, who has a really good prep feat:

Both World Wars were prep for a really big Darkhallow.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Oh, and Kemmler, who has a really good prep feat:

Both World Wars were prep for a really big Darkhallow.
    McCoy is not that bad with prep himself.

Quote Originally Posted by nervmeister View Post
    Now I'm curious to know how the vamps, uber-vamps, and the Master would do against the different "Courts" in the Dresdenverse.
    I dont think they would do very well against the Courts. Even someone like Thomas has, IIRC, been shown to be faster then the Master ever showed.

That's not taking into account the fact that the Black Court has at least one magic user, so does the Red Court. Then people like the Red King who would slap down the vamps,uber-vamps and the Master all at once. Though the fight wouldn't ever become close enough to where he would need to step in.
    Last edited by Surtur; 06-18-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

Doesn't Michael essentially become as strong as he needs to be depending on opponent? It's a kind of weird divine thing, so pretty nebulous. The Red King, as Surtur said, is just outrageously powerful.

McCoy can pretty much kill any human character with no real magical defenses with the Black Staff if memory serves.

This all just makes me want to know more about the Dresdenverse, things like the Jade Court of vampires, who have been mentioned but never seen.
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Doesn't Michael essentially become as strong as he needs to be depending on opponent?
    There's limits... Basically he gets the full benefit of faith's effect on various beings, a sword that can hurt pretty much anyone, and a whole bunch of contrived coincidence and intuition.

Still needs to wear layered chainmail and kevlar armour. Still got shot up with a normal gun eventually.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Status Quo Cowards Thanos Classic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Wait how is Buffy and Angel(super versions) blitzing every single wizard at once before any of them can react? There are hundreds of wizards, even if feat less those are meat shields at the very least. It just takes one wizard to catch them with a death curse. That's assuming some wizards don't go around having a death curse automatically ready if they should ever be killed. Unless I'm just forgetting a lot about how death curses worked.

Also who is the most powerful person Illyria de-evolved?
    Because Buffy and Angel at the time we're insanely fast into way beyond BT levels having veritable super speed. The average feat-less wizards (aka guys with limited battle experience which is like 90% of people not named harry) can't be granted anything better than peak trained RL human speed. The wizard would never have time to react. There is no precedent for the average wizard having an auto-death curse. That kind of thing requires very special circumstance. You can't hand wave it. Not to mention every single one of their death-curses are feat-less and as such I wouldn't grant capable of effecting beings capable of smashing through a mountain.

Incidentally, the vamps would have a better chance being meat-shields and or in general. The Red King and his group staying alive to deliver a will crush would be the only chance. They're combined power doesn't really compare to jasmine however.

Someone else answer the de-evolved question. The ability also wasn't shown to be altogether one off given she did so against Angel as well while weaker. He experienced being a baby for a panel.
    Last edited by Thanos Classic; 06-18-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    Batman should call Superman or Wonderwoman to put an end to Crime in Gotham Forever. It'd only take about 3 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by Becoming An Anthropologist View Post
    Because Buffy and Angel at the time we're insanely fast into way beyond BT levels having veritable super speed. The average feat-less wizards (aka guys with limited battle experience which is like 90% of people not named harry) can't be granted anything better than peak trained RL human speed. The wizard would never have time to react. There is no precedent for the average wizard having an auto-death curse. That kind of thing requires very special circumstance. You can't hand wave it. Not to mention every single one of their death-curses are feat-less and as such I wouldn't grant capable of effecting beings capable of smashing through a mountain.
    The key words in what you quoted are "every single one".

The argument you have provided is not for "every single one" but more like "some".

Plus prep.

Hey, with Prep, couldn't someone cast the Superstar spell, or have a Vengeance demon muck up the timeline at the start of the fight?
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Hey, with Prep, couldn't someone cast the Superstar spell, or have a Vengeance demon muck up the timeline at the start of the fight?
    Couldn't the other side also do similar things? Like making deals with various fae, demons, etc. For instance, Harry making a deal that dilates time enough to allow him to do the darkhallow ritual in an hour.(or to somehow otherwise speed it up)

Then they could also have the fae make them a variety of powerfully enchanted armor, etc. that might protect from certain things(enchantment spells or mental spells, etc.) The stuff might only last a few hours, but that should be enough.
    Last edited by Surtur; 06-18-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

The first one comes with the whole 'demon who can kick my ass' thing. As for the latter one, yeah, but it would only affect their timeline not the Dresden one.