Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Comic Book Fanatic!!! Memphis Raines's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Silence View Post
    The animated series does not take place in the same universe as the comics. Just because Storm is in it does not mean she is the Storm you are familiar with, hence young Forge, evil Multiple Man, British Emma Frost, Archangel's relationship with Sinister, and so on and so forth.

Wolverine's leadership role echoes that of his role in X-Force: He does not want to be leader, he is not a great leader, and he doubts his leadership, but he is the necessary person to get the group from one goal to the next.
    All of that may be true, but the bottom line is that everybody knows that Wolverine was made the leader and given top billing as a marketing ploy, which again, made it seem forced to many people.

I thinkl I would've been more receptive to the idea of Wolverine leading if the title wasn't Wolverine and The X-Men, and Xavier didn't need to keep reminding him he was the only one he could count on. I mean, it's true there weren't many choices given the series set up, but it still felt a bit weird. Especially since for the most part, the flashback indicated Wolvie had been with them for a relatively a short time. I just at least would've liked someone besides Drunk Scott challenging him for the position.

I must admit, I really liked the cartoon - despite the horrible mischaracterization of Cyclops. Honetly, last time I watched it, I skipped episodes 12 and 20. Wish they had done a secound season, though. An Age of Apocalypse storyline would have been awesome!

No. It was bad.
    Psylocke

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

I hated Wolverine's curly bangs. So distracting. And Storm's weird back afro. And Avalanche's weird ass chin fuzz. And Pietro's steroid physique. Actually, I didn't much like the character designs at all.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

The show did fine with story, but it sucked when it came to character.
    XPOTM:September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    I hated Wolverine's curly bangs. So distracting. And Storm's weird back afro. And Avalanche's weird ass chin fuzz. And Pietro's steroid physique. Actually, I didn't much like the character designs at all.
    And Rogue's clear hair.

(But I did like the designs for Logan (costume and no costume), Jean, Angel, and Beast.)
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I feel like they tried to cram in too many things.

And screw AoA.

I couldn't watch past Logan's hypocrisy in Episode 12 (?), where Cyclops went off on his own and did the Logan thing and the X-Men had to come to his rescue. Then Logan chewed him out for "not being a team player," and he just meekly caved.

I was all, "HELLO?! MCFLY?! ANYBODY HOME?!" @ the writers. Logan is the POSTER CHILD for running out on the team. He DOES NOT GET to call someone else out for doing the same bloody thing.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I feel like they tried to cram in too many things.

And screw AoA.
    I would watch the fu-hell out of an x-men animated series set exclusively in the age of apocalypse. Spending years getting attached to each character and then having the series end by them changing the timeline and erasing themselves from existence, all for the betterment of the world? You would have to be made of stone to feel nothing.
    Last edited by Ian Pressman; 06-17-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    I couldn't watch past Logan's hypocrisy in Episode 12 (?), where Cyclops went off on his own and did the Logan thing and the X-Men had to come to his rescue. Then Logan chewed him out for "not being a team player," and he just meekly caved.

I was all, "HELLO?! MCFLY?! ANYBODY HOME?!" @ the writers. Logan is the POSTER CHILD for running out on the team. He DOES NOT GET to call someone else out for doing the same bloody thing.
    Pretty much this. It was a weird role reversal.

I liked the overcoat they gave Cyclops. Very Prodigy-esque.
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

IT was awesome if you are not a cyclops fan.

I hate cyclops so I found the whole thing satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    Why did they make Pietro look so OLD?!? He looked like he was Magneto's dad, instead of the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    And Rogue's clear hair.

(But I did like the designs for Logan (costume and no costume), Jean, Angel, and Beast.)
    LOL, yeah. Rogue's see-through bang was VERY distracting.

Other than that and how old they made Quicksilver look, though, I thought the designs were fine: who would have known a trench coat would make Cyclops look so badass?!?