Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

The Penguin: he needs a little tunning. It was ok to make him a power player, but without his histrionic behavior he'll never be the star he used to be. He's supposed to be the cartman of comics, the ultimate a-hole. On one hand he can charm losers into following him, on the other he loves to crap all over everyone in order to satisfy his own ego. He's obsessive, and he generates obsession about him. And the problem is that he's too smart. So, he's almost impossible to nail.

Toyman: Stick to the STAS version.

The Puzzler: same guy, loves puzzles and games, only he dosn't use them much as gimmicks. He's a freelance engeneer that designs the best traps for Superman and other heroes. He probably works with luthor, filling in the details.

Shameful confession: I have a certain fondness for a campy version of Joker. I wish he'd challenge Batman to a surfing context, just like on the TV show.

Like him too, Penny. Only he doesnt fit in the moden mythos. Just like Egghead or Killer Moth can be in all of their outrageous glory in that kind of campy, silver age stories, the 3 have to change some aspects to fit the modern DCU. In a world inwhich the Joker is an agent of chaos and Batman barely talks, its only logical that Killer Moth needs to act more like a hitman, and Egghead needs to drop the egg puns (and scheme more grounded plots).

The Spook: this guy doesnt need much reinvention. He'd be perfect for a saga in which he's a mysterious figure that keeps releasing criminals for his own unknown reasons at the end or beginning of stories.

Louie the lilac: this has to be the easiest, just make him a regular mob boss.

Bullseye: not much needed either. He'd be like the joker, only tempting green arrow to kill him

I think sometimes it's just the name of the villain that people can't get past. For instance, I can't see anyone other than maybe a Morrison/Quitely team-up make a guy like the assassin Air-Scooter Man interesting. But i'd love to be proven wrong.

http://www.comicbookreligion.com/?c=...ir_Scooter_Man
    "Love is the bane of honor, the death of duty." - Maester Aemon Targaryen, of Castle Black (Game of Thrones)

Hey, does "campy" include B-listers who just outlasted their era? Cause I've got a few more.

KGBeast and NKVDemon-No longer properly connected to any legitimate Russian organization or cause, this pair of ruthless mercenaries are most often founf working in the Eastern European zone under their usual employer, the Bad Samaritan. While no actual connection between the men and their nominal organizations can be found, both men show training usually connected to the KGB and NKVD. Both speak fluent Russian, Spanish and English, though heavy-hitter KGBeast has a decided lack of charm compared to infiltrator NKVDemon. KGBeast's trademark red striped torso is made by ammo holders for his favorite weapon, an automatic shotgun with an under-slung grenade launcher, and there are rumors he used limited Venom injections to increase his strength, making him a super-strong and super-stealthy killer. NKVDemon usually infiltrates and befriends his targets, often remaining a cipher to them until they see his demonic ballistic mask before being killed by his machine pistols. In combat, these two operate in a similar fashion to the protagonists from Army of Two.

Quote Originally Posted by ropeburn39 View Post
    I think sometimes it's just the name of the villain that people can't get past. For instance, I can't see anyone other than maybe a Morrison/Quitely team-up make a guy like the assassin Air-Scooter Man interesting. But i'd love to be proven wrong.

I think it's because they believe in the fantastical. Anything ridiculous can be normal in comics, but Morrison would never write this guy as a serious contender.

Quote Originally Posted by ropeburn39 View Post

Me: Can't be done.
    Morrison: Challenge accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Hey, does "campy" include B-listers who just outlasted their era? Cause I've got a few more..
    The idea was to focus on Campy+Forgotten. They have personality, look, powers and m.o. The perfect reinvention makes them fit changing as little as possible.
    That being said, it wasn't a bad ide to try to fix KGBeast.

----

Btw, for some reason I can olny think of forgotten Batman villains. I'm drawing a blank with the rest.

I have one: Rainbow Raider. Once a color-blind painter who turned to using the colors of the rainbow to fight crime (or something like that). Upgrade him to a physicist who uses the color spectrum in some sort of nefarious way. And give him a better costume.

Condiment King: The ultimate goofball villain is a mentally ill man who's turned into a puppet of a vile crime syndicate, and his ketchup bottles are full of corrosive acid. (Hey, I'm trying here!)

There are too many doctors in comics. If anyone wants to be a super hero, there is more of a chance if you are a scientist or doctor.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

There are too many doctors in comics. If anyone wants to be a super hero, there is more of a chance if you are a scientist or doctor.
    Hey man, even superhumans get sick sometimes.

Senior Member FirestormTheNuclearMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa-Rivas-2099 View Post
    The Penguin: he needs a little tunning. It was ok to make him a power player, but without his histrionic behavior he'll never be the star he used to be. He's supposed to be the cartman of comics, the ultimate a-hole. On one hand he can charm losers into following him, on the other he loves to crap all over everyone in order to satisfy his own ego. He's obsessive, and he generates obsession about him. And the problem is that he's too smart. So, he's almost impossible to nail.

Toyman: Stick to the STAS version.

The Puzzler: same guy, loves puzzles and games, only he dosn't use them much as gimmicks. He's a freelance engeneer that designs the best traps for Superman and other heroes. He probably works with luthor, filling in the details.

The Puzzler has struggled with being thought of as a poor mans Riddler.

Penguin should be one of the most powerful Mob bosses in Gotham City.

Crazy Quilt:

As a child, he had epilepsy. Over time, it went away, but his hatred of those who referred to him as a spaz and mocked him never did. His obsession grew to become his only goal.
    Thus, he murdered them one by one. Shattered, he stood atop a skyscraper pondering what to do with his life. He then saw Batman soaring through the air, and was inspired.
    Assembling the materials, he used a quilt and rigging to form a glider's wings. He jumped through the air, and quickly fell to the ground. To this day, Gotham's finest have never identified the body, and refer to him as the "Crazy Quilt" guy.

THE KOALA WHO WALKS LIKE A MAN: (Half-Joke and Half-Serious)

Being born in an obese family, Quentis Quentin was forbidden to play golf. To resent them, every day, he'd hang up pictures of golf balls. Still, his family would not kick him out and let him do what he wanted so he went to collage and learned biology and developed a formula and it allowed him to become a giant.

Unfortunately, the two things he remembered clearly was koalas and golfing. And so he became a giant koala golfer. His father yelled at him from the rooftops, as he played golf with The Daily Planet sphere. His only reaction?

"Shhhhhh"

To this day he can be found in Jimmies, Rustler NY playing golf.

Also, this guy's from Ambush Bug.

Quote Originally Posted by FirestormTheNuclearMan View Post
    The Puzzler has struggled with being thought of as a poor mans Riddler.

Penguin should be one of the most powerful Mob bosses in Gotham City.
    The Puzzler is only associated with the Riddler because of the 60s Batman show, but actually, he is not a costumed villain and his m.o. is protection racket. I'd drop the racket thing to make him the go-to guy to trap metahumans.

The Penguin should be like the Kingpin in terms of power; however, he shouln't lose his legendary short temper and loud, histrionic personality. You can appreciate the change in BTAS. When he looked like DeVito, he stole scenes by being bigger than life and using every situation as a rollercoaster against Batman (blind, unconscious, car trouble, exposed by Strange), when he got the golden age look, he became a coward in order to avoid exposing himself. Although his early episodes sucked, in The Batman, he was also a scene stealer, but the biggest succes was Burgess Meredith, whose popularity made the Penguin appear even more than the Joker in the 60s series.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalPace View Post
    The Eraser.

In the same vein as Calculator, just ditch the pencil themed mask and he becomes a legitimate villain who can help other criminals out by eliminating evidence.
    No, he's so awesome in that picture!!!
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.