A thought occured to me while reading this how to possible pull off bringing several of the bat females back into the fold without causing too much trouble in the long run.
So here's my thoughts:
1. Start off with the idea of a team brought together by a mysterious person named Oracle who contacts, Stephiane and Cassandra.
2. Stephine's story can be easy, since her father was the Cluemaster, it could follow that she was taught by him various means of breaking into places, only she uses this to do good.
3. Steph's athletic ablity and training could come from being a former gymnist, or she caught Red Robin's eye when they were younger and she got training from him.
4. Steph can easily be Spoiler, has her own costume, and normally works to leave clues for the police about various acts. (This could be how Oracle finds her)
5. Cassandra, her story could be she was found by Dick and trained with him during the time he was batman and was called the Blackbat rather then Batgirl.
5a. Cassandra's past is more or less a mystrery, but keep it mostly true to how she was before, only have her using other means of communication.
6. Proxy (Wendy) (and Possibly her brother Marvin could still be around under another name) is the head of the main computer aspects of it.
7. Wendy is also contacted by the mysterious Oracle who, after the Owl's event, was asked to join as a means of helping create the main Oracle system.
8. (Marvin can be the info tracker as well.)
9. Oracle herself, I can see this being Sarah Essen. As a former detective on the GPD she saw the corruption first hand and decided to ditch her job in order to become a private investigator.
10. Her Oracle system is designed to help crimefighters with information. While the team of Cass, Steph, possibly Misfit, act as the legs of the outfit, and Sarah is the "Public Figure" She helps in solving the crimes as well using her detective skills and influences.
11. (As a possiblity helena could be easily reintroduced using the story behind the Phantasm. Only have it where she's not connected to Batman and this could be their first case.)
Could this work?
The main idea I was thinking was that, given the whole Owl incident and the fact that the Bat family is the target, it would make sense for someone in Sarah's postion to realize that, given their status the Bat group isn't going to cut it when it comes to dealing with the cops. So she has a group that's designed to act as a more "Friendly" group to the GPD in it's own way, and also as a Rival in a way to Bruce forcing the family to find out who this group is and what they want.
Easy way to bring them all in and add a layer to the group without hurting anything that the others are doing. Think a mix of Gotham PD and the old BOP.
Last edited by Darkspellmaster; 06-21-2012 at 08:15 PM.
It just makes sense. That way Cass can be batgirl, while Babs is batgirl in the DCnU.
Would this be a better option then DC creating a new Cass and then sticking her in the DCnU universe that barbara is in?
Perhaps it can be a team up book, with Cass as batgirl, and Steph as Spoiler on an Earth, that hasn't been used by DC yet.
Last edited by DCfan101; 10-18-2012 at 12:48 AM.
maybe not cain alone but I would love to see a 90s Earth comic with the replacement heroes that got lost like Cass Cain, Connor Hawke, Donna Troy and all the rest
That looks familiar.
Are you serious or are you just trolling?
And to answer your question, basically everything that was said in the previous thread. Plus the fact that Cassandra without interaction with the rest of the bat-family wouldn't be nearly as interesting.