Something To Be...

Default Early Fathers Day Gift

My wife knows I've been wanting to frame and hang some floppies in my office at work. Apparently she spent a few afternoons at my LCS, getting all available sales staff along with a few helpful customers to find issues she knew I wanted and identifying other good looking covers. She was so excited that she gave them to me last night.

After realizing Chew #1 was over $200 she settled on the following:

Batman v1 #628
    Batman v1 #660
    Superman v2 #75 (regular not polybagged)
    Superman v2 # 204 (Superman: For Tomorrow - pt. 1)
    Superman v2 # 205 (Superman: For Tomorrow - pt. 2)
    All-Star Superman #1
    Green Lantern ('05) #1 (Alex Ross variant cover)

Lantern is my favorite as it was the most unexpected. Also, it's worth mentioning, if you are in, or around Columbia, MD and need comics; the guys at Comics To Astonish were fantastic to my wife and even the customers were helping. Customer service like that should be acknowledged.

Hope you fellow Dads get equally thoughtful gifts.
    "A working class hero is something to be..."
    -J. Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Wrkngclasshero View Post
    My wife knows I've been wanting to frame and hang some floppies in my office at work. Apparently she spent a few afternoons at my LCS, getting all available sales staff along with a few helpful customers to find issues she knew I wanted and identifying other good looking covers. She was so excited that she gave them to me last night.

After realizing Chew #1 was over $200 she settled on the following:

Batman v1 #628
    Batman v1 #660
    Superman v2 #75 (regular not polybagged)
    Superman v2 # 204 (Superman: For Tomorrow - pt. 1)
    Superman v2 # 205 (Superman: For Tomorrow - pt. 2)
    All-Star Superman #1
    Green Lantern ('05) #1 (Alex Ross variant cover)

Lantern is my favorite as it was the most unexpected. Also, it's worth mentioning, if you are in, or around Columbia, MD and need comics; the guys at Comics To Astonish were fantastic to my wife and even the customers were helping. Customer service like that should be acknowledged.

Hope you fellow Dads get equally thoughtful gifts.
    Grats man...Happy Father's Day!!!

ps...What's a floppie?
    The world was blessedly free of honest men and wonderfully full of people who believed they could tell the difference between an honest man and a crook. -Terry Pratchett

Why would you hang a floppie disk on a wall?

Not trying to critique your gift, but why Batman 628 and 660? They just seem like really random issues compared to the rest.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Something To Be...

The Batman issues were a result of staff suggestions. 660 is a pretty nice cover though.

Regarding my nomenclature, I buy 99.999% digital and have gotten in the habit of calling single print issues "floppies."
    -J. Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Wrkngclasshero View Post
    The Batman issues were a result of staff suggestions. 660 is a pretty nice cover though.

Regarding my nomenclature, I buy 99.999% digital and have gotten in the habit of calling single print issues "floppies."
    Okay, that's cool, I was just wondering since the others were either event issues or number 1s. The Alex Ross GL #1 is one of my favorite covers ever. That's a really cool gift from your wife.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Something To Be...

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    The Alex Ross GL #1 is one of my favorite covers ever.
    I own that issue digitally and didn't even realize a Ross variant existed. I got it and was like "This looks like Kingdom Come" I was psyched when I realized it was Ross.
    -J. Lennon