Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    What seemed even stranger was the way that Mysterio was acting back in 616. Not only was he freaked out by Peter being alive, something he really shouldn't be considering that he fights Peter pretty often, but he was in no way the usual large ham that he always is.
    I'm going with the theory that 616 Beck is still dead, way back in Daredevil when he blew his brains out, and the Beck that popped up in Brand New Day with no explanation was Ultimate Mysterio who had already been dimension hopping & posed as Beck in 616 since then. which would go a long way to explaining his reaction to Parker showing up "I missed your death" "you have no idea what I'm capable of" etc. etc. This is Ultimate Mysterio at his weakest moment where Spider-Man, who he's encountered since Brand New Day, right at the nexus of his dimension-shifting site so obviously he'd be a bit ruffled.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    ^ Cuz Fisk fell from a great height.
    Oh yah you're right.

Maybe UM was trying to keep a status quo or reduce how much action he was apart of. He is in a universe where while the Avengers don't kill...........there's still like a billion members. The 616 world may simply be more powerful.

I hope Mysterio doesn't die. I know Bendis planned to make him the big bad of USM ( although the Prowler seems to be taking over that role atm) and I hope he continues to be a threat for Miles down the line.

Solicitation for #5:

SPIDER-MEN #5 (of 5)
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • SARA PICHELLI (a)
    cover BY JIM CHEUNG
    VARIANT COVERS BY SARA PICHELLI & TRAVIS CHAREST
    • The shocking conclusion to the Spider-Man event of the year!
    • How will the amazing Spider-Man get back to his own reality?
    • What will both Spider-Men due now that they know they’re not alone in the universe?
    • Will Peter Parker give Miles Morales his blessing?

I'm still not being drawn to this... I just have a serious problem with the whole "616 Mysterio IS Ultimate Mysterio". It just feels wrong to me and cheapens what was a cool character before.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    I'm still not being drawn to this... I just have a serious problem with the whole "616 Mysterio IS Ultimate Mysterio". It just feels wrong to me and cheapens what was a cool character before.
    Yeah I always thought 616 Mysterio was an illusionist. Not a master of sorcery or inter-dimensional travel.

But holy hell does this book look stunning. After I get all the issues I'm gona get it in hardcover.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 06-16-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Added 'Yeah'

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    Why? 616 Mysterio is awesome!

Im starting to think that they are now two separate characters. Mysterio's reaction to Pete being alive makes me think the mysterio we seen in 616 is Ultimate Mysterio.
    -Ultimate Comics
    -Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, New Avengers, Avengers Academy, Secret Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Fantastic Four
    -Buffy Season Nine, Angel and Faith, Star Trek

616 Mysterio and Ultimate Mysterio are two seperate people. But Ultimate Mysterio has been posing as 616 Mysterio (and presumably the Mysterio's of other universe' as well, judging by his collection of various costumes) since the real 616 Mysterio killed himself. Or at least that's the running theory.
    All-New Ultimates • Earth 2 • Harley Quinn • Injustice • Invincible • Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man • Real Heroes • The Walking Dead • Ultimate FF

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBeard View Post
    Im starting to think that they are now two separate characters. Mysterio's reaction to Pete being alive makes me think the mysterio we seen in 616 is Ultimate Mysterio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    616 Mysterio and Ultimate Mysterio are two seperate people. But Ultimate Mysterio has been posing as 616 Mysterio (and presumably the Mysterio's of other universe' as well, judging by his collection of various costumes) since the real 616 Mysterio killed himself. Or at least that's the running theory.
    But that's the strange thing, if you read Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Men, you see that the entire personality of Mysterio is completely different. In Amazing Spider-Man he's been acting like a large ham to the point of bragging about how great of a show he's putting on, yet here he's completely no nonsense. Plus he's surprised to see Peter despite the fact that if he had been posing as 616 Mysterio that whole time, he should have expected it. We're gonna need some kind of explanation by the end of all of this.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    But that's the strange thing, if you read Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Men, you see that the entire personality of Mysterio is completely different. In Amazing Spider-Man he's been acting like a large ham to the point of bragging about how great of a show he's putting on, yet here he's completely no nonsense. Plus he's surprised to see Peter despite the fact that if he had been posing as 616 Mysterio that whole time, he should have expected it. We're gonna need some kind of explanation by the end of all of this.
    I didn't take it as though he was surprised to see Peter. He was just angry that THIS Spider-Man was being meddlesome just like the other one he was used to. In fact, he seemed downright pissed off to see this Peter. Not surprised at all.
    All-New Ultimates • Earth 2 • Harley Quinn • Injustice • Invincible • Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man • Real Heroes • The Walking Dead • Ultimate FF

Elder Member

Yeah to me it seemed like a "I didn't get a chance to kill the other you, so I guess I'll just kill you instead!" thing.

On Vacation

I think those classified images show 616 Mysterio remote controlling the robot Ultimate Mysterio.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I think those classified images show 616 Mysterio remote controlling the robot Ultimate Mysterio.
    Yeah that's what I thought when I read the preview. I think it cuts to a close up on 616 Mysterio's face, observing the battle from elsewhere.