Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Venditti Brings Ninjak to "X-O Manowar"

Writer Robert Venditti spoke with CBR on bringing classic Valiant hero Ninjak to the pages of "X-O Manowar," setting him up as an adversary to Aric of Dacia in the series' second arc.

Full article here.

Quesada variant cover. There has to be.

HAS. TO. BE.

Quote Originally Posted by EMeadow View Post
    Quesada variant cover. There has to be.

HAS. TO. BE.
    Would be awesome, but I think very unlikely...
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Looking forward to this.
    Favorite books: All books by Valiant, Green Lantern, Batman, Aquaman, Invincible, Uncanny Avengers, Five Ghosts, and The Sixth Gun.

Ninjak is back!! Ninjak is back!!

I bailed on Valiant during the Ninjak/Secret Weapons/Timewalker era, but it sounds like Ninjak will be playing the role of X-Caliber from the original X-O run. Can't wait to see the clash!

Looking and sounding good!
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

wasn't a fan of Ninjak the first time around, this design doesn't impress me.
    "What the industry desperately needs is innovation and even revolution—but not so much in the form of marketing ploys and doohickeys. What is needed is bold creative vision, excellent stories, and brilliant storytelling—in a word, entertainment. People used to love the characters and care desperately about what happened to them. That’s seldom true these days" -- Jim Shooter(2003)

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=95501

Man he better not be a villain that's all know. I will drop every Valiant book if Ninjak is rebooted as a bad guy, and I don't want to have to do that as I'm looking forward to or enjoying all the Valiant books right now.
    I like swords.

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    Man he better not be a villain that's all know. I will drop every Valiant book if Ninjak is rebooted as a bad guy, and I don't want to have to do that as I'm looking forward to or enjoying all the Valiant books right now.
    Likely similar to his original introduction where he was tracking down Bloodshot. And the way things are going with the relaunch thus far, good and bad are relative terms.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

BANNED

BANNED

I had given up on Valiant when the first Ninjak came out. The quality was going down and I was losing interest. Hopefully they don't lose me with Ninjak THIS time too. :/

(In retrospect, the Acclaim version of Ninjak was infinitely worse than the purple & gold ninja I remember from real Valiant comics.)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaytonMZ View Post
    I had given up on Valiant when the first Ninjak came out. The quality was going down and I was losing interest. Hopefully they don't lose me with Ninjak THIS time too. :/

(In retrospect, the Acclaim version of Ninjak was infinitely worse than the purple & gold ninja I remember from real Valiant comics.)
    Most post-Unity Valiant was pretty bad once Shooter was ousted and they were just trying to cash in on the boom. Then Acclaim went and made the bad even worse. This time around I trust the fans and comic professionals who are controlling the Valiant brand. And it seems the new leadership are big Ninjak fans, so I believe they will do their best to make him an intriguing character.

BANNED

I loaded my tablet with a few complete runs of the old series and i'm reading all of the pre-Unity stuff right now. Still loving the old X-O, Harbinger and Shadowman.

I think in retrospect, Shadowman probably would have worked better without the blue tights. He didn't wear for a few issues and the mask + street clothes look seemed so natural that I had actually forgotten about the tights. I loved the Solar Alpha & Omega origin as well. I had forgotten how much Dr Manhattan had influenced this series compared to the Gold Key Solar of the 1960s. These were some of my favorite comics of the 1990s and it's definitely nice to sit down and enjoy them again.

I do see what people are saying about the slow pace of the new X-O now. I'm so used to decompressed stories that it actually took reading the originals to see that at this current series' pace, we're still not even caught up with the ending to issue #1 of the original. We've has a wildly abbreviated version of #0 (and only the last half of the issue at that) and are up to page 5 of #1. At this rate we might not see Ken (if we see him in this series) until sometime in 2013. I love the art in the new series (still not quite as good as Barry Windsor-Smith's work on #1, natch), but from a storytelling perspective, the original is running circles around the remake. Wow. I sound like an old fuddy duddy there. LOL. There was just so much depth to this storytelling tho. So much happened, and it never came off as an illustrated novel like George Perez's new 52 Superman.