Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Children's Crusade was so awful, there were so many ways to bring Wanda back into the fold that would have actually made sense. Art was nice though.
    YOU HAD TO BRING THAT BOOK UP!

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    How many of the X-Men are really on the "He's a total jerkoff" bandwagon? I suppose Scott is, and probably that initial group that formed in Giant Sized #1, since they all got their memories erased. But what about everyone else who's ever had contact/teachings from Charles over the years? Do they as a group ALL despise him? Just curious as I don't follow the X-world that closely.
    I wonder if Scott would feel as strongly about it now having sat in the big chair and having to make the big choices and mistakes.

To be fair, its not like Xavier knew that Krakoa was going to kill the kids. He also speed trained the students as Krakoa wasn't really angry the first time around. Once those kids got there, Krakoa was angry enough to kill them all.

Xavier was desperate to save his first students is all. I mean Darwin was one of those students and he still idolizes Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Actually, that whole thing was set up by Cable. Building a paradise, fixing the world's problems, then his fall. All of it was part of his plan.
    I know, which proves the point that this is how all these types of stories end up going. Cable set himself up to be a martyr because he knew how everyone would react. Cyclops should know better.

As always, Cable was right! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by drakeon View Post
    I know, which proves the point that this is how all these types of stories end up going. Cable set himself up to be a martyr because he knew how everyone would react. Cyclops should know better.

As always, Cable was right! ;)
    And now Cable is telling them to keep Hope away from the Avengers, and that she's a Messiah. So...

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    To be fair, its not like Xavier knew that Krakoa was going to kill the kids. He also speed trained the students as Krakoa wasn't really angry the first time around. Once those kids got there, Krakoa was angry enough to kill them all.

Xavier was desperate to save his first students is all. I mean Darwin was one of those students and he still idolizes Xavier.
    I really think that the involuntary mindwipes were the worst part of that whole thing.

I really think that the involuntary mindwipes were the worst part of that whole thing.
    There were a lot of things "wrong" with that series (even though I loved it). Retconning Emma Age (LOL) to around Vulcan's age (whos the youngest Summers kid)...please...we know Emma is old.

Mindwiping the mistakes from everyones minds.

X-men going into space to kill Vulcan.

Mystique not taking full responsibility for Banshee's death.

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    There were a lot of things "wrong" with that series (even though I loved it). Retconning Emma Age (LOL) to around Vulcan's age (whos the youngest Summers kid)...please...we know Emma is old.

Mindwiping the mistakes from everyones minds.

X-men going into space to kill Vulcan.

Mystique not taking full responsibility for Banshee's death.
    Well, yes, all of the crap (personally, I hated the whole thing). I just meant Xavier's actions.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    *le sigh*

Okay.... so the Phoenix Five are creating a wonderful, beautiful world. In ten days they've reshaped Utopia into a true paradise with technological aspects to rival Wakanda or better. Other previews have shown them growing food in Antarctica and otherwise making good use of their near-godlike powers.

This being Marvel, we can tell they're all evil and paradise will come at the cost of everyone's freedom. Book it. Done.

I would so dearly love to see a godlike being who wanted to improve the world who actually had the wisdom and skills to do it. But no -- this is Marvel and the only good deities are inactive deities. If you have the powers of a god and you actually try to use them, you're the bad guy.
    Sigh, must I say it? "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Quote Originally Posted by NightMage View Post
    Sigh, must I say it? "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    Well, yeah, but eventually, it just seems like it's saying we shouldn't do anything to make the world a better place. Those with more power are apparently supposed to just sit on their hands.

Well, yeah, but eventually, it just seems like it's saying we shouldn't do anything to make the world a better place. Those with more power are apparently supposed to just sit on their hands.
    You don't have to sit on your hands. You just can't sit on someone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Of course, but you wouldn't know that looking at damn near everyone of these sorts of stories.

Yeah...but what's the price? See, that's going to be the sticking point here: What's the price for the Phoenix Five creating this ideal world? Like Wanda creating that alternate world in "House of M," it all came at a price.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Quoted for Truth; sadly, and eventually, you will sit on someone else's hands. Those hands, however, will belong to one that's more interested in his/her own selfish ends than the good of the world.

Of course, but you wouldn't know that looking at damn near everyone of these sorts of stories.
    Once you start trying to reshape the world in your image, you're doing a bit more than sitting on your hands.