Default The Zombie Apocalypse is Upon You, Choose Your Item

As you go along your day you are suddenly transported to the Khazan Arena. There, the CBR gods inform you that the zombie apocalypse is within days of beginning. They decide to assist you for their amusement and allow you a choice of items to aid you.

One one side you have a magical pistol. The pistol is guaranteed to never jam, has an infinite supply of ammo(meaning you can continuously shoot without needing to reload.), and does not make a sound when being fired. You are given a week of training in the arena to familiarize yourself with using the pistol.

The other choice they give you is a magical hooded cloak. When in use the cloak turns you invisible. While the cloak is being worn animals, people, and more importantly zombies are not able to see, smell, or hear you or whatever you are carrying underneath it. However you can still be accidentally touched/hurt if you're not too careful moving around.

You are telepathically connected to either item(meaning you know at all time where your particular item is.) And the items only work under your use, if anyone else attempts to use them they become immediately useless/broken. Once you have chosen, you are sent back to where you were and have 3 days to prepare.

The zombie apocalypse is upon you, which item do you choose to help you in your journey?
    The power to destroy planets is insignificant to the power to turn one into a muffin. -Xombie

Ninja and Pirate are the balancing fundamental forces in the universe. At the big bang, there was but one Pirinja, but he was split infinitly and scattered across the cosmos. When all are rejoined, the universe will end and a new one shall be made from its ashes. -Captain Sarcasm

Veteran Membah Forgotten Entity's Avatar

If I were to use the item after someone's already touched it, is it useless?

Also what is the nature of the zombies?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Entity View Post
    If I were to use the item after someone's already touched it, is it useless?

Also what is the nature of the zombies?
    You would still be able to use the items no matter who else has touched it before, just only when it is in their hands do they become useless.

I was thinking latest Dawn of the Dead version, freshly infected=fast, decaying=slow.
    The power to destroy planets is insignificant to the power to turn one into a muffin. -Xombie

Ninja and Pirate are the balancing fundamental forces in the universe. At the big bang, there was but one Pirinja, but he was split infinitly and scattered across the cosmos. When all are rejoined, the universe will end and a new one shall be made from its ashes. -Captain Sarcasm

I think I have to go with the Pistol

Sure the cloak is awesome, but it won't help you kill the zombies, and with Infinite Gun you can simply camp out on a roof somewhere and pick off every zombie in the area and scavenge much safer. All you need is a safe area to shoot from nearby and you can clean out the majority of the undead.

You might still have to be careful about the ones behind locked doors or out of hearing-distance indoors, but that's better than a false sense of security that the Cloak would give you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p

Veteran Membah Forgotten Entity's Avatar

I think I'll have to go with the pistol as well.

Gonna have to go gun.

The cloak doesn't help me protect the ones I love as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Gonna have to go gun.

I vote "gun" for the same reason. The cape sounded cool, but if I need to save as many humans as possible, the gun might be a good idea.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln

"We thought that by making your world more violent, we would make it more 'realistic,' more 'adult.' God help us if that's what it means."

-Grant Morrison to Animal Man, Animal Man #26

No sound + Infinite ammo + No need to clean ... Yeah Pistol.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Waiting for Gwens BND Winter Bolt's Avatar

If it's a .45 then sure,, I could go with that. Possibly would go with a 9mm if it was or could mod to a fully automatic or machine style pistol. Only downside is that I don't get two of them or if there is recoil and it is going to kill my arm and I'd need a stock on it. If no recoil, then no prob, it's like the lightsaber of guns then.
    pew pew pew

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Gonna have to go gun.

Exactly my reasons.

Has to be the pistol.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

I'll go with the pistol. Ever seen those full-auto Glock clips on UTube? Yeah.
    "Our cash flow is as if a profligate son keeps borrowing money to spend on Geisha, which is why we donít have a choice not to enjoy the race." ~DOME CO. LTD, on their 2012 LeMans effort...

Veteran Member

Gun that never runs out of ammo?

Magic Cloak that turns you invisible?

Who's been going through my stuff?
    Good God man! Why are you slapping a monkey.

Foley, Stop healing the assassin!!!

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    Gun that never runs out of ammo?

Magic Cloak that turns you invisible?

Who's been going through my stuff?
    No idea.

*Tries not to draw attention to Cornucopia of Infinite Vodka hidden under coat*
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

We are also of course talking about a scenario of putting the dead to rest.

So basically we've invented Mcgaffer.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....