Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Aw man! I swear he was one of those people I thought would live forever.
    I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

Oh, this is so sad. At least he lived to see the resurgence of interest in Dallas and the new show become a success.

This does make you wonder how this will impact the new show, though. Personally, I think the new actors are strong enough to carry the show without Hagman and I hope TNT agrees.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Oh, this is so sad. At least he lived to see the resurgence of interest in Dallas and the new show become a success.

This does make you wonder how this will impact the new show, though. Personally, I think the new actors are strong enough to carry the show without Hagman and I hope TNT agrees.
    Well the link said he filmed part of season 2. I wonder if there'll be a cutoff and then they'll do a whodunit, or if they'll spread out what he filmed for the whole season and worry about the death for season 3.
    I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Man, I'm bummed out by this. For my money, J.R. Ewing is the greatest TV villain ever, bar none. It also seems Hagman was quite a colorful character in real life, as well.

As for the show, I think it can survive and I hope it does. They'll just have to fully pass the torch on to the new characters a little sooner than they expected. Even with Hagman gone, they can still have J.R. inspired subplots.
    Nobody's wrong ALL the time. Even a clock that doesn't move is right twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well the link said he filmed part of season 2.
    I've since read elsewhere that he had filmed the first six (of 15) new episodes.
    Jim Zimmerman

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

I think the show can survive as long as they disclose fairly quickly that Christopher is J.R.'s biological illegitimate son. That will then make Christopher and John Ross brothers instead of just cousins, and Bobby trying to be a father figure to two young men who are BOTH the late J.R.'s children. This will ratchet up the drama sufficiently I think for the show to have a shot to keep going.

BTW, RIP Larry Hagman. He was great on Dallas as well as I Dream Of Jeannie.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The real pressure is on Josh Henderson now. The guy has to step it up big time now and replace the guy everyone considered a legendary villain on this show. Its a hard situation he is in . They were grooming him for this. Eventually they knew that Hagman was gonna pass away at some point and the main focus as a villain will be John Ross III. Its gonna be up to the writers to make John Ross really stand out and step up his evil schemes. Dallas is now...his show.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The real pressure is on Josh Henderson now. The guy has to step it up big time now and replace the guy everyone considered a legendary villain on this show. Its a hard situation he is in . They were grooming him for this. Eventually they knew that Hagman was gonna pass away at some point and the main focus as a villain will be John Ross III. Its gonna be up to the writers to make John Ross really stand out and step up his evil schemes. Dallas is now...his show.
    Im tempted to agree....well at least he looks good in the hat
    Support your local roller derby league

Very sad to hear about his death. He is a Texas legend and always will be. Loved the new show and heard that the producers/writers were caught off guard by his death, but were heading back to Dallas working something out.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

goodbye thank you larry hagman
    Last edited by steve2275; 11-25-2012 at 09:20 AM.
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar

R.I.P. Larry Hagman. He is also a legend over here in Europe. The original tv heel and also one of the best bad guys ever in a tv show. I feel sad. This new Dallas show was really good and I wonder how it will fare without him. At least he went out on top with his comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    I think the show can survive as long as they disclose fairly quickly that Christopher is J.R.'s biological illegitimate son. That will then make Christopher and John Ross brothers instead of just cousins, and Bobby trying to be a father figure to two young men who are BOTH the late J.R.'s children. This will ratchet up the drama sufficiently I think for the show to have a shot to keep going.
    I really don't think that's necessary I and haven't seen any indication that the writers are planning to go there.

No disservice to Hagman- he continued to do an incredible job in the revamp- but if you figured up the screen time, he really wasn't around all that much anyway. As important as the original actors are, it's really about the new generation.

On the other hand, I think they could give Sue Ellen some more attention to make up for JR's loss, and also Cliff Barnes. Wouldn't mind seeing him added to the cast.
    Jim Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    That's an impossible task. Nobody can replace the Greatest Heel in the History of TV. They should bring in more heels to help him out. I would like to see a mature actor being added to the cast, someone that would be grooming John Ross to be a bad dude. A big conniving Texas Oil Man.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Synopsis for the first six episodes of Dallas season two:

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/dallas...-two-episodes/

JR's funeral to take place in episode eight:

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/dallas...-episode-date/
    Jim Zimmerman