Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    I think that those two are already off the main team.
    Haven't read the new book since the first storyline (I keep falling for that damn trick every time) so I wasn't sure who was on or off the main team at this point.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Haven't read the new book since the first storyline (I keep falling for that damn trick every time) so I wasn't sure who was on or off the main team at this point.
    I haven't either, but I checked out the issue where Quake joined, and I believe it was the same where Vision came back, and those two left.

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Even thought it's not a surprise im excited as hell.

Hickman was my top choice to replace Bendis on Avengers so I'm pretty stoked for this. I don't really like Ribic that much, though.

It's a huge step up but I think i'll wait a little for the word of mouth to pick it up. I'm just glad Lucie Fer is gone(poor X-Fans!).
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

I hope this one (along with the Waid rumour) is true too. Though I do think Hickman needs some assistance with his character work, he knows the MU very, very well. That is the type of writer the Avengers needs, since with such a diverse membership, the book can (and should) touch on any aspect of the MU. Bendis showed repeatedly that he wasn't a good enough writer to do the necessary work needed to write the Avengers, so I would be very excited to see a writer like Hickman take over.

I have to echo other sentiments though... I really hope he brings the focus back to the characters that had always made the Avengers the Avengers, and fixes the damage done to the characters and franchise by Bendis.

Judging by the characters Hickman has utilized in The Ultimates and the guest stars in Fantastic Four, I'm fairly certain Hickman will bring the cast back to basics with a classic lineup. I don't think we need to worry about a Bendis-inspired cast of random characters from across the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Telos View Post
    Everyone knows Hickman is going to be writing an Avengers title, but it would be awesome if the rumour is true that Ribic is on art.

I'd like to see Falcon and She-Hulk on the roster. She-Hulk seems likely considering she recently guest-starred in the Forever arc of Fantastic Four. Scarlet Witch would be great too - someone needs to repair all the damage Bendis did to her character and show she is still a competent Avenger.
    I guess this all depends on how AvX ends. Hickman and Bendis have a role in that, obviously... I'm still thinking Wanda will make things right at the end of AvX, whatever manner that would be, which would lead to her being "heroic" again and back on a main team. And I would tend to think, in the right hands, Simon would be a fairly easy fix using comic book logic. They could say he was somehow influenced by Wanda's messing with reality, and now that she's "back", he's snapped out of it, or something along those lines. Or seeing the woman he's pined over for so long go beserk kinda made him snap as well, and now that she's back, he can get better and back to reality, etc...

I think Jan could be brought back using comic book logic as well, in any number of ways. Hickman is a very creative writer, so it'd be interesting to see how he'd do that (if he does that).

And I agree Shulkie needs some more love & attention (i.e. page-time).

With as far out as Hickman plots his stories, this would make these Avengers stories very intricate and deep and exciting to read. He's not afraid of doing something BIG (see recent Galactus arc in F4/FF), and he gets deep into Marvel history as well, so I don't think characters would be written too far out of character unless he's doing it for a purpose.

I haven't been this excited about an Avengers book since Slott took over Mighty Avengers a few years ago. If this rumor is true, of course.
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

When will we know? Has there been any other info except for the Bleeding Cool articles?

a curious wanderer OBrianTallent's Avatar

I was going to drop F Four (and probably FF) as well when Hickman left and had considered picking up Avengers if he did indeed take on the book, but I've also been wanting to really cut back some of my spending. However if Hickman comes on board and brings Shulkie with him...maybe I will just drop Uncanny and replace it with Avengers then. Really can't resist She-Hulk!
    Not all who wander are lost....

I'm cautiously optimistic about this change, if it is indeed true. I've enjoyed Hickman's creator-owned work. Hopefully Hickman's tone and approach will be completely different to Bendis and the Avengers will get back on track again as a series.

Hickman will create a new villain who will be the star of the book and many of the main characters will be missing for issues at a time.

I'd be okay with this team. I think Bendis has overstayed his welcome on the Avengers books. Hickman has a good track record in 616 with the Fantastic Four. I personally thought his work on Ultimates was boring and cliched. But 616 has a much more fluid nature than Ultimate at the moment so I'm definitely interested in seeing what he brings to the table here.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Apothecary View Post
    Hickman will create a new villain who will be the star of the book and many of the main characters will be missing for issues at a time.
    Except for the "create" part, you just described Bendis' run.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Except for the "create" part, you just described Bendis' run.

Peace
    You also forgot to put in runs into the ground.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches