Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    History shows us that Pym-themed characters have a pretty high fatality rate. It's gotta be at least in that 50% ball park.

Scott died (though he at least comes back). Rita's dead. Bill Foster is dead. Jan is dead (presumably she comes back too). I'm not sure how Eric's doing these days. Hell, even Clint brefly died (though admittedly not as Giant Man).

From that perspective, Cassie was almost existing on borrowed time.
    Wow. Rita's death has been 15 years or so. Scott's was eight. Bill Foster's has been six or seven. Jan's has been three, and Clint's was about three. That is a lot of long term deaths. Cassie and Eric were recent but not back yet?

How many other Pym particle characters are there? Atlas and Man-killer? Tom Foster?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Corey W View Post
    Wow. Rita's death has been 15 years or so. Scott's was eight. Bill Foster's has been six or seven. Jan's has been three, and Clint's was about three. That is a lot of long term deaths. Cassie and Eric were recent but not back yet?

How many other Pym particle characters are there? Atlas and Man-killer? Tom Foster?
    I think it doesn't count if they're villains.

Big 0 is still alive.

I call it like I see it.

Wearing the Quantum Bands doesn't automaticaly make you Quasar. It's not a title that goes with the bands (like say Green Lantern). It's just a name Wendell made up for himself.
    Yeah. She could've become the next Stygian Starbender instead, which is a much cooler name than Quasar, and I mean that even as a Wendell fan.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Considering she was a lesbian, Starbender seems such an appropriate, if not PC, name for her
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I think it doesn't count if they're villains.

Big 0 is still alive.
    Hmmm... maybe that's the key to it all then. Rita didn't die until after she became a hero.

Atlas should strongly reconsider the whole redemption thing. Though the upside for him is that hes not only a Pym analogue but a Wonder Man analogue... which means if he dies he might be able to come back from the dead. So that might be a nice safe combo there.

Agree completely. In YA she has been fine. In her teen Cassie appearances outside of YA she was largely annoying.

The YAs are a funny group. I love Kate Bishop and Wiccan, am indifferent towards Patriot, Young Vision, and Cassie, and dislike Hulkling and Speed. But on the whole I love the group.
    Yeah, I think the Young Avengers are better than the sum of their parts. I don't particularly love any of them as characters... but I love the team.

Hopefully their break up lasts only until someone decides to give them another shot. I guess CC was sort of YA: Disassembled. They just need some re-assembly now.

Yeah, I think the Young Avengers are better than the sum of their parts. I don't particularly love any of them as characters... but I love the team.

Hopefully their break up lasts only until someone decides to give them another shot. I guess CC was sort of YA: Disassembled. They just need some re-assembly now.
    I enjoyed them as a team, but I do think some of them could work on other teams, or in the case of Wiccan, likely pull off a solo series as long as it featured Wanda, Vision, Speed, Hulkling and perhaps focussed on him apprenticing with Dr Strange, or various other mystical characters
    I Will Raise my Throne above the Stars of your Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I'd reabsorb them into the Avengers Academy.

Unlike the core students at the Academy, I give a rat's ass about the Young Avengers.
    I doubt the Young Avengers woud appreciate being told they need to attend classes. Especially considering how out of their way the Avengers went to make the Academy a welcoming place, and how adamant they were about the YA not forming at all. (Sibling Rivalry big time I think)

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Patriot isn't dead.
    LOL!!! Love this reply!

Awwwww.... too soon?
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Awwwww.... too soon?
    I'm still just bitter. I needed better closure.

Agree completely. In YA she has been fine. In her teen Cassie appearances outside of YA she was largely annoying.
    Actually I felt her 'annoyingness' worked well in Mighty Avengers; for me it was the two "one-and-done" mini-series issues about her, both making her this whinny brat. Especially the one crying over her step-dad getting injured. UGH! That girl needed a slap from Patriot, not a hug!

The YAs are a funny group. I love Kate Bishop and Wiccan, am indifferent towards Patriot, Young Vision, and Cassie, and dislike Hulkling and Speed. But on the whole I love the group.
    I love Wiccan and Speed, and have a great affection for Kate Bishop, Iron Lad and Hulkling. Vision was okay, but he just got destroyed too much for his death to have ANY meaning. Patriot was sometimes good, sometimes bad (his love of Steve Rogers was ANNOYING!). And Cassie... meh. Her backstory, her tedious relationship with her mum and step-dad, her boring love issues with Iron Lad/Vision. Just.... ugh! Not sad she's dead!

P.S. that said, I feel bad for her fans, who miss her.
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

I'm still just bitter. I needed better closure.
    I do think BOTH deaths came out of no-where. This event didn't need death to have impact; but overall I loved the arc!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I do think BOTH deaths came out of no-where. This event didn't need death to have impact; but overall I loved the arc!
    I think the deaths completely destroyed my liking for the mini and interest in the team. Seriously, I don't like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I was just mad that Children Crusade made Patriot the scapegoat for being the voice of reason thruout the series.

He becane a scapegoat when he messed up badly enough that "Pulling a Patriot" means that you FUBAR'd the situation with your monumental stupidity
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ronin View Post
    I doubt the Young Avengers woud appreciate being told they need to attend classes. Especially considering how out of their way the Avengers went to make the Academy a welcoming place, and how adamant they were about the YA not forming at all. (Sibling Rivalry big time I think)
    Even the Avengers can learn from thier mistakes.

From the beginning the YA wanted to be trained by the Avengers. Its just that Cap(mainly because of Bucky, who he belived to be dead at the time) and Iron Man (who wasn't trying to see Scott Lang daughter end up the way her pops did) couldn't see it because of thier own issues.

The creation of Avengers Academy can be seen as them realizing the error of their ways regarding young heroes. That and the induction of Justice and Firestar.

While the YA might be kinda P.O.'d at having to take classes with what they would consider to be noobs, they would still retain their status. Unlike the other students they are full fledged Avengers(At least that is what I got from the end of Children's Crusade).

And the resulting sibling rivalry would only make the AA book better, since fans seem to like it when they can take sides on stuff.