Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    Well, I'm not really seeing Sylar hold the giant amorphous wolf form that would slip through any attempts to grab it, is the thing. His TK is good in terms of area and precision, but it's not THAT good.
    All he needs it is hit once with his TK to get him in the air, and then just keep him there.

It's a more likely outcome than the Captain managing to dodge until Sylar falls asleep.

Hell, given Sylar can create illusions, he can make the Captain think that he's trying to murder him with a bazillion thrown silver knives, and then lift where the Captain has to dodge.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I suppose Sylar could levitate him to force him to stay in place.

Yeah, that should work.
    That was what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    Well, I'm not really seeing Sylar hold the giant amorphous wolf form that would slip through any attempts to grab it, is the thing. His TK is good in terms of area and precision, but it's not THAT good.
    He can target a blood clot inside someones brain without opening their head and pop it with better precision than a doctor can if they open her skull...
    He can also merely empathize with someone to learn how their powers work. His ability to isolate and target things is pretty good so I am not so sure.
    Not to mention catching bullets and such.
    Not saying he can definitely do it but I think it is not outside of his ability completely.
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
    - That is all.

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    All he needs it is hit once with his TK to get him in the air, and then just keep him there.
    How is he keeping a giant amorphous wolf that can shapeshift, float or otherwise appear to dissolve into completely shapeless...stuff...that can similarly move around freely, using TK?

Can he form big, airtight, TK bubbles or something? oO

Then there's the issue of how he's touching him.

It's a more likely outcome than the Captain managing to dodge until Sylar falls asleep.
    That's a stalemate situation, really.

I'm...not even sure he can immediately transmute the captain in that form, really. <_<

Hell, given Sylar can create illusions, he can make the Captain think that he's trying to murder him with a bazillion thrown silver knives, and then lift where the Captain has to dodge.
    It's not just a matter of lifting him though, but keeping him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrile Demonthyst View Post
    He can target a blood clot inside someones brain without opening their head and pop it with better precision than a doctor can if they open her skull...
    He can also merely empathize with someone to learn how their powers work. His ability to isolate and target things is pretty good so I am not so sure.
    Not to mention catching bullets and such.
    Not saying he can definitely do it but I think it is not outside of his ability completely.
    Oh yes, his TK certainly has precision with solid objects, even loads of small solid objects at once, like glass shards. Buuut...this is closer to a gaseous form given how it seems to behave. A fair amount of it. I'm not really convinced he can keep that still.

Or transmute it if he could. I don't think he's transmuted anything similar. The Captain's human form, sure, but the wolf form seems kinda iffy, the more I look at it.
    Last edited by Sol M; 06-13-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Status Quo Cowards Thanos Classic's Avatar

When did Sylar gain Intangiability? Did he actually use intangiability and other powers at the same time? In any case, his Tk wouldn't be strong enough to hold Young Walter. The guy was shredding through most of london. Sylar only chance would be some kind of TK at the bell precise attack on his brain, and I only recall the precision when he was concentrating heavily. He wouldn't have time for that.

I think Luke could arguably also kill him. Luke was into super-speed territory. So it's possible he could still blitz and be head Sylar at the bell.

Tulbain is a quick draw.
    Batman should call Superman or Wonderwoman to put an end to Crime in Gotham Forever. It'd only take about 3 minutes...

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Future Sylar demonstrated intangibility, along with simultaneously creating illusions and superstrength. It's safe to say that he can use multiple powers at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Becoming An Anthropologist View Post
    I think Luke could arguably also kill him. Luke was into super-speed territory. So it's possible he could still blitz and be head Sylar at the bell.
    Without touching anything else, I don't recall Luke being fast enough to cover a hundred feet before a bullet-timer can react. People below that, sure, but not bullet-timers. Also, shooting at Sylar from any real distance does nothing at all, seeing how he's...well, a bullet-timer.

Tulbain is a quick draw.
    Again, Sylar can think before he gets hit, which should be enough for intangibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Becoming An Anthropologist View Post
    Sylar only chance would be some kind of TK at the bell precise attack on his brain, and I only recall the precision when he was concentrating heavily. He wouldn't have time for that.
    Just to note, he took very little time to target that blood clot and he was trying to save her life.
    In an instance where he wanted to kill someone he would not need to take his time and could easily just shred the brain.
    Also, to further note, he was catching bullets with his TK. Pretty small targets moving really fast.
    - That is all.

As for the stuff about the Midas Touch, if the dude is basically a cloud of gas I doubt it would work on him.
    Otherwise, most of the rest of everything has been said.
    - That is all.