Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Sleeper View Post
    Anyways, I'm not really about taking away the monthly comics from anyone. My problem with monthly comics is that it seems to be a good indicator to the publishers as to what is good and what is not and guess what? It is because of monthly comics that a comic like Punk Rock Jesus is getting lost in the shuffle.
    I think Vertigo looks more at the collected editions to gauge success anyway. Also, I kind of agree with you on monthlies, except I think Comixology and digital comics work great for serial comics.

Really great first issue that sets everything up as it needs to be. Art was great, glad that it is in black and white. This was worth the price of admission and then some. Kinda upset that its only 6 issues, but I think I will be there for each issue if #2 keeps up the great pace.
    http://blogojett.blogspot.com/

www.capelesscrusader.org

Reads: Batman & Robin, Batman, Walking Dead, Chew, Saga, Prophet, TMNT, Planetoid, Punk Rock Jesus, Revival, Judge Dredd, Bedlam

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

I was going to pass on this but then I got it ...

Man ... I feel like I'm back in the 80s. Great book and the choice of black and white art is pitch perfect. Murphy can write, too!
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

I love the texture and energy of Sean Murphy's art, but wish he didn't draw everyone like they'd just smoked a joke exploding cigar.

I fucking love this book and we are only two issues in I talk about the first issue in this episode:

And then we just talked about the second book in the upcoming video at www.imjnation.com, this Tuesday Night.
    TomStewDevine - I say yes to Comics.

A Comic Book Look: Our Weekly TV Show on Comics