Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nova2814.1 View Post
    I have up to #693, so if you don't have #692 by now, I'd suggest contacting them and asking for a replacement.
    Oh I did, the silence has been deafening.

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    im not bragging.. just sharing my update

im totally current.. from the week of oct 10th, ive recieved 1 book still missing 2.. then obviously nothing from last week.

so, hopefully you guys start seeing similar results
    New rule: whoever gets their books the earliest has to give the digital codes to someone else in the thread still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Doctuh View Post
    Oh I did, the silence has been deafening.
    I know that feeling. Have you tried ringing the telephone helpline? (Assuming you're in the US.)
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

New rule: whoever gets their books the earliest has to give the digital codes to someone else in the thread still waiting

I know that feeling. Have you tried ringing the telephone helpline? (Assuming you're in the US.)

they have to be coming. i didn't complain or double confirm my address any differently then any one else. the only possible difference can be geography and ps shipping routes

just got 2 more. as of today I'm 3 of 4 (SA, IM, CAP) for oct 10. so basically I'm just out books that where released less then 7 days ago

Straight Edge

Out of curiosity, how far back would you normally be?
    For the most part, under Sun Belt I was running 2 weeks behind. When it was the company before them, it was more like 7-10 days. Doesn't matter than much to me because reading wise I'm a few months behind on a lot of titles. Been busy lately. Finally got caught up on the AvX tie ins from Avengers, NA and W&XM. Sucks reading them after the fact, but that's the draw back getting them via sub.
    CaptainAmerica Hawkeye Avengers NewAvengers UncannyAvengers AvengersWorld

Straight Edge

I got IM 526 and SA 32 from 10/10 yesterday. Wow, only 13 days after release!! The only problem was that I thought my SA sub had expired and I didn't renew yet, so I bought that issue in the store that day! Oh well, $4 down the drain!
    CaptainAmerica Hawkeye Avengers NewAvengers UncannyAvengers AvengersWorld

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YouthofToday View Post
    I got IM 526 and SA 32 from 10/10 yesterday. Wow, only 13 days after release!! The only problem was that I thought my SA sub had expired and I didn't renew yet, so I bought that issue in the store that day! Oh well, $4 down the drain!

take the code to the code trading thread!

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    take the code to the code trading thread!
    Yes, perfect idea.
    Marvel: Daredevil, Punisher, Uncanny Avengers, Wolverine & the X-Men, Cyclops, Hawkeye, Superior/Amazing Spider-Man (Trading for)
    Image: East of West, Lazarus, Jupiter's Legacy, Starlight

Default Direct Marvel Subscriptions.

I dont have any local shops so I have to order everything which....well honestly sucks. Mostly because you cant help but to stumple on reviews, thoughts and/or discussions on a book your dieing to wait to read. So for my Marvel titles Ive thought about subscriping directly through them. But honestly I have one main concern and that is....."Will they stick a addy label directly on the book?" OR will they poly bag it or something along those lines? Anyone here get titles this way? If so would you recommend it?

Quote Originally Posted by MT2 View Post
    I dont have any local shops so I have to order everything which....well honestly sucks. Mostly because you cant help but to stumple on reviews, thoughts and/or discussions on a book your dieing to wait to read. So for my Marvel titles Ive thought about subscriping directly through them. But honestly I have one main concern and that is....."Will they stick a addy label directly on the book?" OR will they poly bag it or something along those lines? Anyone here get titles this way? If so would you recommend it?

No. DCBService.com. 40% discount on new titles/ trades. Direct subscriptions are a thing of the past. Check it out. Everything bagged, boarded, boxed, you choose frequency,(and pay for it unfortunately,) and Fed Ex/ UPS'd to you, but I've used online services/ mail order since the 80's. Westfield Comics is in my back yard so to speak. Brick and mortar...don't get me started. DCBS is based in Indiana. Surprising you don't know of them. Good luck.
    Piers Morgan: another liberal douschebag bites the dust.
    Do us all a favor and mean it this time Mr. Baldwin.
    Tired of tolerating.

I have subscribed directly from Marvel for several years, and while lately it takes about three weeks for the comic to arrive, it's always in fine condition. The comic arrives in a plastic bag, with a sturdy carboard address card on one side to prevent the comic from being bent or otherwise damaged. NO address label on the comic itself. Incidentally DC comics are shipped the same way, and lately I've been getting those within about a week.
    So, YES, I do recommend it.
    Last edited by jonah warlord; 11-18-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: I can't spell

On the positive side, subscribing directly from Marvel is the cheapest way to go. The discount is steep, shipping is free and there's no sales tax. Also, comics ship weekly, so there'll be a lot of awesomeness in your mailbox a lot more frequently than a monthly shipment from DCBS.

On the negative side, comics take around three weeks to arrive... IF they arrive. I've been waiting for Amazing Spider-Man #691 since August 15th. They promised to send a replacement October 9. I'm still waiting. And it takes them weeks to reply to emails.

I suspect for most people DCBS is a better choice, due to their reliability. But I've been experimenting with subscribing directly, due to the lower prices, and because the idea of getting weekly comics again-- without paying through the nose and without schlepping to the comic book store-- is appealing to me.

Anybody got a download code for Amazing Spider-Man #691?
    -Goodman

Comics reader since 1974. Now purchasing 100% of my comics digitally.

The only negative I've heard is the arriving time.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

There's a good thread on this here.

I just emailed them about a missing issue, and got a reply the same day! That may not seem like a big deal, but a few months ago it took them weeks to reply to their emails.
    -Goodman

Comics reader since 1974. Now purchasing 100% of my comics digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    The only negative I've heard is the arriving time.
    That about comes it up.

If theres a book you know you'll be buying for over a year, you might as well get it, it cheapens what you pay quite a bit. Just be prepared to wait a bit for it.

It can be annoying when everybody's talking about a particular issue, and by the time you get it its old news (I dodged marvel forums like the plague when there was to be a death in the F4 trying my best not to be spoiled)

But then again the saved money more than makes up for it. i know damn well I'll be buying Winter soldier every month so really theres no point in not subbing it to save a little cash. It even helps with titles slipping out of your favor. I would never have payed for half the Avengers event tie ins I got in the mail, but really it feels like I never did.
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

Brian is ainm dom. :) Nova2814.1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mistergoodman View Post
    I just emailed them about a missing issue, and got a reply the same day! That may not seem like a big deal, but a few months ago it took them weeks to reply to their emails.
    Just in case anyone's wondering, this is not an isolated incident. I emailed them on Saturday and got a reply today, so that's effectively a same day response!

And my delivery times have improved a little bit, but there's still no consistency.

And on a related point, anyone interested in Age of Ultron can now subscribe - http://subscriptions.marvel.com/store/ipd.asp?spid=1060.
    My comic collection. Go on, have a look. You know you want to .