Default I know i read it someplace on this board but...

has it been proven that Darkseid and the new gods are of singular nature and not repeated 52 times on all the Earths? thanks in advance.

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

I don't know about the new gods but the "old" ones are repeated. In Earth-2 Mercury is pretty clear that he is the last of the Pantheon of Greek Gods, then he dies, but WW is still fighting with and alongside all of them on Earth Prime.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    I don't know about the new gods but the "old" ones are repeated. In Earth-2 Mercury is pretty clear that he is the last of the Pantheon of Greek Gods, then he dies, but WW is still fighting with and alongside all of them on Earth Prime.
    Greek gods onthe main DCU, Roman gods on Earth-2.

And yes the New Gods do not have multiverse counterparts. Robinson made it clear it's the same Apokolips that invaded both Earths - Darkseid lead one invasion, Steppenwolf the other.

The answer to your question is yes. There is only one Darkseid and only one Apokolips and so on. DC did not want to have multiples of these types of characters or places.
    Ever-changing Pulls
    DC - Batman, Aquaman, JL, JLD, JLA, Flash, Constantine, Supes Unchaned, Swampy, Wake
    Image - Saga
    Dark Horse - Star Wars

ok great but does anyone have a link to an article where Robinson says this .. i need to give it to someone.

Conceptual Condiment King MentalPace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    ok great but does anyone have a link to an article where Robinson says this .. i need to give it to someone.
    I don't know of any written source, but I did hear him say it on the most recent edition of the Comic Vine podcast (the 6/8/12 edition). I can't remember exactly when, but at some point, he does confirm exactly what you are asking is true. The whole thing is a good preview of what's to come in Earth-2, so it's worth listening to if you're into that.
    Last edited by MentalPace; 06-11-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    Batman: What are you doing here Deadman?
    Deadman: We've only met when I was an invisible ghost talking through other people. How did you know it was me?
    Batman: I'm Batman.
    Deadman: Touché.

Thank you I totally appreciate this...and thanks guys for commenting :)