Default new picture of the Govenor if you havent seen it!!!

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...e-governor.php

He looks pretty awesome to me! Man I can't wait! I think he'll do just fine in the part!

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

I think aesthetically he looks more like someone who could manipulate a community, its the whole wolf in sheeps clothing thing. Meanwhile, in the comic, it was obvious from the start the Governor was going to be bad since he looked like a biker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    I think aesthetically he looks more like someone who could manipulate a community, its the whole wolf in sheeps clothing thing. Meanwhile, in the comic, it was obvious from the start the Governor was going to be bad since he looked like a biker.
    I think you hit the nail right on the head....im actually glad they made him look a little more presentable, which will make his psychosis seem all the more terrifying.

BANNED

I get people's frustration with the visual change, but I don't care as long as he can sell the part.
    The Governor in the comics is so over the top I actually kind of struggle with that part of the book. it's an integral part, but I just find him so... cartoony.
    like he'll be out at the train tracks twisting his fucking mustache when he's not on panel in the comics.

so I'm kind of all for this change.

Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar

I still haven't read that book about the Governors past yet. I heard its due out in paperback soon and I'm thinking at that point I'll read it. Maybe it'll explain why soo many people actually trusted him and thought he was a good guy, or maybe the planned sequel to that book will. I'm also curious to see if TWD lore works well in novels because well, 30 Days of Night I felt didn't transition over very well. The first 30 Days book was alright but the second was just mediocre in comparison to the original 3 mini's.

BANNED

everything I heard about that book made me glad I didn't read it. not that it was poorly written, just the story they told wasn't anything I needed. less is more etc.

Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    everything I heard about that book made me glad I didn't read it. not that it was poorly written, just the story they told wasn't anything I needed. less is more etc.
    I just spent that cash to buy variants for #100. Poster and chromium.
    Pull List: Saga, Danger Club, Invincible, Chew, Animal Man, Aquaman, Supergirl, Earth 2, Dancer, The Flash, TWD, Before Watchmen, Harbinger, and Swamp Thing

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

I got about 20 pages into Rise of the Governor and then I hit a point in the book where it spaced out over three pages like

"They heard a noise...it was terrifying
    ...they tensed...
    ...held their weapons high

A rat ran out of a hole in the wall"

Then I got angry and put it down. That was months ago. There's a big-ole spoiler about the book right on the frontpage of the Governor's wiki entry on the walking dead wiki so doubly-pointless. I should get around to finish reading it at some point. It was a Christmas gift. Maybe by next Christmas.