Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8maven View Post
    Doubt it - DC has done nothing with The Shadow since 1992, and it isn't all that clear who has the rights now. (Dark Horse was the last company to publish new stories, 1993-1995, and ACG published reprints of the 1940's newspaper strip starting in 2000.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger1701 View Post
    That could also make him The Shadow.
    Pretty sure Badger was pulling your leg. We all know it is not the Shadow. After looking at the older costumes for Mr. Terrific and Crimson Avenger I really think this could be a toss up between the two. We will see.
    Ever-changing Pulls
    DC - Batman, Aquaman, JL, JLD, JLA, Flash, Constantine, Supes Unchaned, Swampy, Wake
    Image - Saga
    Dark Horse - Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by RedRocker13d View Post
    Pretty sure Badger was pulling your leg. We all know it is not the Shadow. After looking at the older costumes for Mr. Terrific and Crimson Avenger I really think this could be a toss up between the two. We will see.
    I'd be more likely to go with a new version of Crimson Avenger . . . Mr. Terrific originally had red and green as his main costume colors.

(Or else an evil Red Bee?)

Quote Originally Posted by DanielFlat View Post
    I'd be more likely to go with a new version of Crimson Avenger . . . Mr. Terrific originally had red and green as his main costume colors.

(Or else an evil Red Bee?)
    Actually, Red Bee was brought up in the Comic Vine Podcast that James Robinson was a part of last week. If I remember correctly he said he did not plan on including Red Bee, but to honest, I do not remember for sure....
    Ever-changing Pulls
    DC - Batman, Aquaman, JL, JLD, JLA, Flash, Constantine, Supes Unchaned, Swampy, Wake
    Image - Saga
    Dark Horse - Star Wars

BANNED

Looks like Dynamite currently holds the rights. They bought up the Chaykin graphic novel, and they somehow got the all-clear to publish a new ongoing series as well. And they're doing it as a period piece, set in the late 1930's.

If it's a surprise runaway success, maybe DC will reconsider its decision to stick to All-New, All-Now - but I wouldn't like to bet on that.
    It has Garth Ennis writing, so many of the sales will come from that. Anyway, I would love to see a 1930s version of the JSA, but I'm enjoying Earth-2 anyway.

I would freaking love it if there was a villain with a fair play logo on his costume.

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

It's the Crimson Avenger, people. He's wearing crimson (and black) and carries two big guns. (And Crimson Avenger II was at best an antiheroine and often more of a villain, so that fits too.)
    The mask is also very evocative of the original CA's mask. Modernized, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by CBikle View Post
    That is a nice costume and I'm guessing the Crimson Avenger, who was/is technically DC's first "superhero".
    Well, not anymore. From 1986-2011 he sort of was, since Superman has to stay modern. But in real life, Superman appeared in April of 1938, while CA didn't make his first appearance until October of 1938, in 'Tec #20. (Really, if any character were to challenge Superman for that title, it'd be Dr. Occult, who appeared in 1935, had supernatural powers, and wore a cape and flew in More Fun Comics #14-17 in 1936-37. But he was still more detective than costumed superhero, so Supes usually gets the nod.)

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell