Default YOUR PROBLEMS WITH PROMETHEUS spoilers.

I have seen alot of talk about plot holes and stuff. i wanna know what parts dont make sense within the movie, or with the series.
    not your review. so i this does not need to be merged.

my weird pointer that no one has mentioned on here.. spoilers

the engineer or space jokey- dies in the end of prometheus with a xeno like animal emerging from its chest. ok. but in ALIEN they find the engineers ship crashed (the one who just crashed 5 minutes before the film PROMETHEUS ends) and in it. a space jokey dead in the pilots chair. with a burst chest. also said to be so old he is fossilized. which takes 1000's of years.

so since the jockey didnt die in the ship, and instead dies due to that big facehugger squid on the escape pod. and it was not 1000's of years between prom. and alien.

thats my major issue. the end of one doesn't fit with the start of the next. wouldnt you expect at least that?

your turn.
    northlanders .american vampire. bprd. concrete. detective comics.

Prometheus is not a direct prequel to Alien. It's set in the same storyverse, though. That's why the two films don't connect like Legos.

isn't that just kind of an excuse after the fact? they couldnt work it out so they say 'hey its a parallel universe" seems like back pedaling.

Did you see the movie? At the end it was shown that there were other ships. The engineer seen in previous films was not the one at the end of the movie, there were literally 1,000s of them on the planet.

delete please.
    Last edited by daveageallen; 06-10-2012 at 06:54 PM.

My biggest problem with the movie was that these "engineers" who supposedly seeded the planet earth were clones. How can they be superior if they are clones? They were all identical in size and facial features.

delete delete
    Last edited by daveageallen; 06-10-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daveageallen View Post
    so we are supposed another jockey ship happened to crash in a similar way. on the same planet? and if thats true. and a 2nd jockey ship crashed the same way. it had to have sat there for 1000's of years for him to fossilize. why would the jockeys just leave it like that. with eggs out in the open ready to hatch and cause problems. that would be a threat to them since they were not far away.
    They probably had no choice, the movie indicated some sort of outbreak had occured. They all died pretty much at the same time. Except for the few who were able to get to the life support chambers.

http://thewertzone.blogspot.in/2012/...etheus-to.html

this guy had the same problems i did.

his explanation works better at explaining than the movie.
    it was a different planet.

weird that the engineers left a map to their weapons outpost? maybe they will answer it in the second film?

isn't that just kind of an excuse after the fact? they couldnt work it out so they say 'hey its a parallel universe" seems like back pedaling.
    There's nothing to backpedal towards when you tell audiences before the movie comes out.

Yeah he really went into it. That guy has alot of time on his hands lol. There were alot of things that could have been explained better. I still cant get over them all looking alike, attack of the clones.

it was a different planet.
    I thought that was clear from the get-go?

I enjoyed Prometheus a lot after i thought about it. My take on it is this. This was not the origin tale of the Xenomorphs like some might think. This movie is about the Engineers experimenting with Xenomorph DNA and it causing there downfall on this weapons outpost of theres. I think this planet was like our Area 51. T he mural in that room clearly shows a Xenomorph indicating what the black goo in the canisters was derived from. Things ingesting the goo took on Xenomorph like properties like those normal worms mutating and becoming aggressive, having acid blood, and wanting to invade things bodies. Even the scientist that was thought dead became some kind of reanimated aggressive agile super zombie of the stuff. The Engineers were no different from the people in the Aliens series movies and comics thinking that the Xenomorphs biology could be useful and it coming back to screw them. All in all i liked the movie.