Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

I don't understand why WW has to be tall. If you say it's to project power, well that's just applying a traditionally male trait. It's a meaningless social convention that height = good = power. The idea that Wonder Woman has to be as tall as a man is too literal for my taste. It's like wearing shoulder pads.

If Wonder Woman wants to be physically imposing, she can hover about someone's height and flex her guns. Personally I care more that she doesn't look weak than her being tall. Gina Carano is 5' 8" and that's around the average for most actresses. She certainly looks tough on film and it doesn't have to do with height.

On the other hand, you could say the Amazons are genetically taller, but I imagine they come in all sizes.
    my artwork

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater? Man of Steel

Quote Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
    On the other hand, you could say the Amazons are genetically taller
    This.
    Also, I've always pictured WW as tall.
    Square City Comics - Come check us out!

I don't understand why WW has to be tall. If you say it's to project power, well that's just applying a traditionally male trait. It's a meaningless social convention that height = good = power. The idea that Wonder Woman has to be as tall as a man is too literal for my taste. It's like wearing shoulder pads.

If Wonder Woman wants to be physically imposing, she can hover about someone's height and flex her guns. Personally I care more that she doesn't look weak than her being tall. Gina Carano is 5' 8" and that's around the average for most actresses. She certainly looks tough on film and it doesn't have to do with height.

On the other hand, you could say the Amazons are genetically taller, but I imagine they come in all sizes.
    You sure about that statistic? 5'8"? I would wager (quite a bit of money) that 5'8" is actually considered on the tall side when we are talking with respect to actresses.

She'll be standing alongside the likes of Batman and Superman in the new Justice League movie if it happens. They'll be tall, and she needs to match them. It's a visual thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Madame_Scarlet View Post
    She'll be standing alongside the likes of Batman and Superman in the new Justice League movie if it happens. They'll be tall, and she needs to match them. It's a visual thing.
    But did Scarjo look less in the Avengers because of her height?
    my artwork

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater? Man of Steel

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    You sure about that statistic? 5'8"? I would wager (quite a bit of money) that 5'8" is actually considered on the tall side when we are talking with respect to actresses.
    I'd take that bet. Most actresses tossed around for WW are a couple inches from 5-8".
    my artwork

Revisitng Megan Fox!

Megan Fox was a huge favorite in the beginning until she talked trash against the character. Well a lot has changed since then.

Wonder Woman has changed with the new 52 becoming way cooler especially to newer readers. Megan Fox is now a mother. Maybe her acting improved and she's taking her career more seriously? Maybe she'd be open to an Azzarello-inspired take?

my artwork

I'd take that bet. Most actresses tossed around for WW are a couple inches from 5-8".
    I was disagreeing with your statement that most actresses are about 5'8", not the fact that we want actresses to be at least that tall to play the Wonder Woman character.

Usually, 5'8" is almost a minimum height requirement for models, and they say that is on the short side.

Forget the height thing. That's not the major issue. Whoever it is needs to have some acting chops.
    She could be 6' 3 and it won't matter if she messes up the movie with bad acting.

Revisitng Megan Fox!

Megan Fox was a huge favorite in the beginning until she talked trash against the character. Well a lot has changed since then.

Wonder Woman has changed with the new 52 becoming way cooler especially to newer readers. Megan Fox is now a mother. Maybe her acting improved and she's taking her career more seriously? Maybe she'd be open to an Azzarello-inspired take?

I have a gut feeling that a lot of the New 52 changes to WW were made to appeal to Megan Fox and/or Angelina Jolie in order get them interested in the part.

I prefer WW as tall too. She's an Amazon and needs to carry a sense of dominance through both appearance and attitude.

That said, between a shorter actress that captures the heart of the character and a taller actress who is not able to fully embrace the character then I think that in that case the role should go to the shorter actress.

Character comes first, visual second.

For the JL and WW movies, my money's on Jennifer Lawrence. She's 22, 5'9, highly-acclaimed as an actress and beautiful (but with a tomboyish vibe). She's def young enough to do a trilogy of JL films as well as a solo WW trilogy and beyond. Plus, she's more and more of a box office draw. She's rocked both blonde and brunette hairstyles and seems to only get more gorgeous with each birthday. Oh, and not only is she a fanboy fave (Hunger Games, X-Men), she's also chameleon-like in that she actually looks different in each role. Seriously. Would love to see how she'd look as Princess Diana!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jennifer-Lawrence.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	104117
    Last edited by Lafanboy; 11-10-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Jennifer is a beautiful girl, but isn't her plate full between Hunger Games and X-Men?

I like Jennifer Lawrence, but she may be too youngish looking