Default The Ultimate Marvel "Ultimate Collections"

Hi Guys,

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to ask such a question.....but as a relatively new fan of Ultimate Marvel, I decided to pick up the "Ultimate Collections".

I started with the Ultimates Ultimate Collections 1 & 2 and loved them. From there I decided to start collecting the Spider-Man and X-men Ultimate Collections and have books 1, 2, 3 and 1,2, 3,4 respectively.

My question is.....will they be releasing the next installments anytime soon? I can't seem to find them anywhere but would really like USM Ultimate collection 4 and UXM Ultimate collection 5 etc etc.

Does anyone here have any infomration that could help? or have they stopped making the Ultimate Collections now?

Thank you in advance for your help!

BANNED

Not sure if it's an "Ultimate Collection" but The Ultimate Galactus Trilogy is probably the book you should get next. It takes place in-between The Ultimates and The Ultimates 2 and is every bit as good as them. You should be able to find the Ultimate Galactus Trilogy on Amazon in TPB for relatively quite cheap. However the hardcover is probably a couple hundred dollars by now, maybe more.

EDIT - I just checked Amazon, E-Bay and Play.com and none of them have the UGT in Hardcover.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 06-10-2012 at 08:13 AM.

I'm hoping they release more Ultimate Collections for Spider-Man too.. the Ultimate collections are awesome.. but for now I'm just getting the Ultimates Ultimate collection and the Spider-Man Omnibus which includes #1-39 but you already have those issues, I think. I recommend reading what you can, like the Galactus trilogy mentioned by Robbie, and then jumping forward.. I'm hoping to pick up all the early issues as they come out in Ultimate collections or Omnibus form.. but while I wait I'm reading all the recent stuff.

If you do decide to jump forward I recommend going stright up to the relaunch that happened after Ultimatum. You don't really need to read Ultimatum because the events get summarized in the books after it, and it's not a good read anyway. So start with Ultimate Armor Wars and Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1. You could get the first two trades of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man "The World According to Peter Parker", and "Chameleons", and then either continue with the trades or pre-order the Death of Spider-Man Omnibus. That'll bring you up to the end of Peter Parker's story. Sorry if that's a spoiler. During that time there's also Ultimate Avengers 1,2, and 3, Ultimate Doomsday, New Ultimates, a few other things and most of it is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    However the hardcover is probably a couple hundred dollars by now, maybe more.
    Its funny how you always grossly overestimate the value of these comics. I just did a completed ebay auction search for Ultimate Galactus HCs. Three were sold in the last 60 days and every single one of them sold for less than $20.

This one sold for $12:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...vip=true&rt=nc

This one sold for $16:

This one sold for $18 AND it also included a Teen Titans HC:

Theres no word on them releasing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    EDIT - I just checked Amazon, E-Bay and Play.com and none of them have the UGT in Hardcover.
    My Comic Shop has it for $21.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=10263061

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batman_pwns View Post
    Good find.!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Theres no word on them releasing more.
    Thank you guys for all of your help.

Really disapointed if they are not releasing any more. I would have just collected the regular TPB volumes If i had known.

Nevermind!

The first Ultimate Spider-Man Ultimate Collection is my first Marvel comic, and I only got that last year, so I would love to see the fourth one soon. They released Ultimate Spider-Man Volume 12 recently, and there's a Death of Spider-Man Omnibus coming out, so I think it's time for them to go back and release those volumes in paperback. I'm rather shocked that Ultimate X-Men has four Ultimate Collections out while Ultimate Spider-Man only has three, considering how USM was released first. I plan to pick up The Ultimates and Ultimate X-Men eventually, although I kind of want Ultimate Marvel Team-Up, but most new copies of the trade cost a bit too much in my opinion. They also need to get started on Ultimate Fantastic Four Ultimate Collections.

Considering the announcement of the Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus, I'm curious if they'll skip Ultimate Collections altogether going forward. I'm torn between getting the omnibus or Ultimate Collections of The Ultimates, and I'm considering waiting on Ultimate X-Men in case they decide to release an omnibus.