Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Challenger of the Unknown Kirika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,716

    Default ultimate gold diggers

    http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Gold_Digger

    Who here pays attention to the series made by Fred Perry? Has anyone put any thought into what they'd want if Fred Perry were to make an ultimate Gold Diggers version of his series (Like Ultimate Marvel)? What sort of changes do you think he'd make to it as a whole?

    Regardless, what changes would you make?

    Here are mine:

    First the setting: Magic would be more traditional, rather than being Magic From Technology and Magitek it's instead not something someone using science can figure out, it'd follow its own rules, with both science and magic being separate from one another. Magitek would be exist, with it being a fusion of both science and magic rather than being the rules of another universe being put into play.

    A number of the races are inherently magical, some more so than others, with some being more or less bound to the laws of science than others. Along with this there are races that are the result of Magitek, being created as the result both science and magic combined into one.

    Now the characters: Gina is bisexaul, liking woman as much as men.

    Dreadwing isn't the biggest bad guy in the series, with there being other villains all over the place.
    Last edited by Kirika; 06-09-2012 at 02:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dream Realm
    Posts
    22,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Gold_Digger

    Who here pays attention to the series made by Fred Perry? Has anyone put any thought into what they'd want if Fred Perry were to make an ultimate Gold Diggers version of his series (Like Ultimate Marvel)? What sort of changes do you think he'd make to it as a whole?

    Regardless, what changes would you make?

    Here are mine:

    First the setting: Magic would be more traditional, rather than being Magic From Technology and Magitek it's instead not something someone using science can figure out, it'd follow its own rules, with both science and magic being separate from one another. Magitek would be exist, with it being a fusion of both science and magic rather than being the rules of another universe being put into play.

    A number of the races are inherently magical, some more so than others, with some being more or less bound to the laws of science than others. Along with this there are races that are the result of Magitek, being created as the result both science and magic combined into one.

    Now the characters: Gina is bisexaul, liking woman as much as men.

    Dreadwing isn't the biggest bad guy in the series, with there any villains all over the place.
    I have been slowly catching up with it over time. Honestly, the only thing I'd change is tone down the gratuitous cheesecake fan service. There's a line at which it just gets distracting, and he crosses it way too many times.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

    I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

  3. #3
    Challenger of the Unknown Kirika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I have been slowly catching up with it over time. Honestly, the only thing I'd change is tone down the gratuitous cheesecake fan service. There's a line at which it just gets distracting, and he crosses it way too many times.
    Isn't that something Fred's known for, dude likes his smut.

  4. #4
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dream Realm
    Posts
    22,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Isn't that something Fred's known for, dude likes his smut.
    Nothing wrong with that, hell, I like my smut, but when I'm getting into a fun action or adventure scene, I could do without having giant boobs and asses shoved in my face, obscuring my view of the giant robots battling the evil dark lich. There's a point where I'm just like, "Look, if I wanted to see boobs, I'd be looking at boobs, not an adventure comic."

    Anyway, I've read some more of the series since, but I keep putting it down and getting distracted by other stuff. It's still a fun series, and the fan-service gets less gratuitous especially when it goes into the color series. I do like how he mixes all the elements of different genres together.

    As for the topic, I don't know what I'd change at this point, other than maybe cutting out some extraneous characters and maybe changing the time travel rules just a bit. Oh, and I'd cut out all the blatant referencing of other works. I know he was probably one of the first to embrace it so much, but after five years of TGWTG and twelve or so of Family Guy, the last thing I care to see in a story these days is, "Look! You remember this thing that existed? ME TOO!"
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

    I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

  5. #5
    Challenger of the Unknown Kirika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Nothing wrong with that, hell, I like my smut, but when I'm getting into a fun action or adventure scene, I could do without having giant boobs and asses shoved in my face, obscuring my view of the giant robots battling the evil dark lich. There's a point where I'm just like, "Look, if I wanted to see boobs, I'd be looking at boobs, not an adventure comic."

    Anyway, I've read some more of the series since, but I keep putting it down and getting distracted by other stuff. It's still a fun series, and the fan-service gets less gratuitous especially when it goes into the color series. I do like how he mixes all the elements of different genres together.

    As for the topic, I don't know what I'd change at this point, other than maybe cutting out some extraneous characters and maybe changing the time travel rules just a bit. Oh, and I'd cut out all the blatant referencing of other works. I know he was probably one of the first to embrace it so much, but after five years of TGWTG and twelve or so of Family Guy, the last thing I care to see in a story these days is, "Look! You remember this thing that existed? ME TOO!"
    Referencing other works so much, is another one of his weak points, even so, I do like the characters, I just wished some of them went into a different direction, Brittany. Gina's sister being one of them; While I like magic, I don't like how she gained the power she's now has.
    Last edited by Kirika; 12-09-2012 at 04:52 AM.

  6. #6
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dream Realm
    Posts
    22,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Referencing other works so much, is another one of his weak points,
    Yeah. The shame of it is, he knows how to turn a reference into something creative and funny unto itself, like the Vaultron Force, he just doesn't most of the time.


    even so, I do like the characters, I just wished some of them went into a different direction, Brittany. Gina's sister being one of them; While I like magic, I don't like how she gained power she's now has.
    I've still got a lot to catch up to. Think I'm only on, like, issue 25 of volume 2. Guess I'll chime in some more when I've read more to comment on. I think vol. 2 is past a hundred issues at this point.

    Think my favorite character so far s Brianna. I like that he took what could have easily been a one-note schlock character idea and worked to give her a well-rounded identity.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

    I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •