Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    I think the longer they leave it, the more awkward it'll be to do a partial reboot, as they'll have to fit the details in around the new continuity.

So I'm in favour of a full reboot, as long as they tell the same basic story.
    also lets take into consideration that pretty much the only thing that ppl are suggesting here is as a member of Inc, which is good but is also limited, specially if we only going to have her in hong kong

if she gets a reboot she would get a better focus as a main character for an story rather than just a side character
    she might work out in Tec once Daniels leaves it, that way she would get more exposure than if she just got a new title
    It worked for Batwoman so it might work for her

Things they can ditch:
    - No Man's Land: this was just the impetus for her to join the Bat-family. It could be any other storyline.
    - Being mentored by Oracle: just replace her with Batman (or another senior Bat-member)
    - Turning evil: duh
    - The Batgirl identity: it was a integral part of Cass' character arc that she becomes a Bat-member, but it doesn't necessarily need to be Batgirl (unlike with Stephanie, where being Batgirl specifically was integral to her character arc)

Things I'd like them to keep but which aren't essential:
    - The mask which covers her face, or at least her mouth
    - Her friendship with Stephanie

Things they need to keep or else it'll be Cass in-name-only:
    - Her parents and origin
    - Her choice to run away rather than be a killer
    - Her body language reading skills and fighting skill level
    - Her muteness, and her having to learn how to talk and interact normally
    - Her motivation. ie, this scene (thanks for finding this Arnoldo!):

you are welcome, i appreciate it ^^

well
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

Things I'd like them to keep but which aren't essential:
    - The mask which covers her face, or at least her mouth
    Agreed. I really think that in the DCnU she should have a Mask that covers her entire face. One of the reasons why i liked it is that it made her unique compared to the other bat characters. Also it had more of a dark look which represented her dark origins. Also its simply more practical, after all when the Huntress made the costume in No Man's Land, she didn't have her mouth or eyes covered, and she got sprayed by something (forgot what it was) which actually got on her because of those openings.

Quote Originally Posted by DCfan101 View Post
    Agreed. I really think that in the DCnU she should have a Mask that covers her entire face. One of the reasons why i liked it is that it made her unique compared to the other bat characters. Also it had more of a dark look which represented her dark origins. Also its simply more practical, after all when the Huntress made the costume in No Man's Land, she didn't have her mouth or eyes covered, and she got sprayed by something (forgot what it was) which actually got on her because of those openings.
    I loved Helena Batsuit
    It was used like on 3 or 4 panels only and i always thought it should came back

But i like Black Bat's suit too

the thing is, there was a great transition and development from going from the all black suit to this, the full masked think might work if she gets rebooted
    Click here

I also found some other interesting pictures in this site

is kind of sad that DC just didnt saw any potential in something like this

Last edited by ArnoldoAAD; 06-09-2012 at 04:35 PM.
    Click here

I don't know this character and only have some vague notion about her but in my opinion if she's really that good then Batman Inc would be a terrible place for her. You shouldn't take a character and place them where they're rarely seen just to make it feel they are being used. Surely there's something besides being Batgirl that made the character special. Figure that out, find her a name better than Black Bat (were they in a hurry?) and set her down in Gotham City. Let her be the bad guy in the beginning. Or let her be trying to get away from her father. But just existing shouldn't be enough for good characters. They need to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldoAAD View Post
    Noooo! Arnoldo, you fool!
    Don't you realize that all that page proves is that for years Barbara was nothing more than a powerless supporting player for lesser characters!
    "Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day."

Noooo! Arnoldo, you fool!
    Don't you realize that all that page proves is that for years Barbara was nothing more than a powerless supporting player for lesser characters!
    oh no!
    how couldnt i see it before

This is obviously prof that Cass has been pulling Babs down

it is so obvious!
    Click here

BANNED

Isn't the answer really simple? Batman Inc. It's just a matter of whether any creator will get to it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Isn't the answer really simple? Batman Inc. It's just a matter of whether any creator will get to it or not.
    the thing is
    yes, it is simple, but is it the better option?

I think a full reboot is even simpler and has more potential than just say that "this is the batman from china" and leave it at that
    cause lets be honest, without the whole relation that she developed with Batman and Oracle she wouldnt be more different than any of the other Inc members, and she is more than just that

I would be ok if she gets reintroduce from the start with the elements that made her work in the first place, and just drop off potential continuity problems
    Last edited by ArnoldoAAD; 06-09-2012 at 06:21 PM.
    Click here

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    It's like every Batgirl related thread has a mathemati forumla where you can predict what is gonna be said and who is gonna say it.

Anywhoo, it's easy enough to do. Reintroduce her as Black Bat in Batman Inc. and just mention she was Batgirl back when Babs when in her wheelchair. Just like the whole "All the Robins existed in five years" nonsense, nobody really cares about the possible timeline inconsistencies as long as you don't call attention to the specifics.
    Quoted for truth. Every last word.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Well, let's see what we do know for certain. The facts are these:
    Batman Incorporated vol.2 is supposed to follow on from Batman Incorporated vol.1 with no loss of continuity, right?
    I don't think so. In fact, if it's confirmed that there never was an Oracle in the DCnU, then it's definitely not so.

Didn't they give the directive that, unless they say otherwise (like for the Crisises) readers should just assume that all post 1986 adventures happened the way we remember?
    That's what the bat-office said immediately after Batman: Year One, but I've not heard any similar declaration about the DCnU.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Alfred's great neice or some such

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentor View Post
    I really don't see how they dragged down Barbara's character, Stephanie was introduced as Spoiler first she gained fans way before DC decided to make her Batgirl, she was liked because of who she was not because of the mantle she used. Cass also popular on her own, yes she was Batgirl but she isn't the same Batgirl that Barbara was.
    I remember some "Letter's to the Editor" back in the old Robin series (would have been mid to late 90's) where people were asking whether Stephanie would get to become Batgirl. She was a pretty popular character amongst the Robin readers. The funny thing was, DC's response to that was something along the lines of "No plans to make Stephanie Batgirl - she has heaps of adventure as the Spoiler coming up. Besides, we already have a Batgirl: her name is Helena Bertinelli".
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    I remember some "Letter's to the Editor" back in the old Robin series (would have been mid to late 90's) where people were asking whether Stephanie would get to become Batgirl. She was a pretty popular character amongst the Robin readers. The funny thing was, DC's response to that was something along the lines of "No plans to make Stephanie Batgirl - she has heaps of adventure as the Spoiler coming up. Besides, we already have a Batgirl: her name is Helena Bertinelli".
    lol what!

was that during NML or Cass was already introduce?

besides,does that means that there were plans to make Helena into Batgirl for a longer time
    Click here

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldoAAD View Post
    lol what!

was that during NML or Cass was already introduce?

besides,does that means that there were plans to make Helena into Batgirl for a longer time
    Before NML. I'm not really sure they meant that Helena was going to literally be Batgirl, rather that Huntress was the Batgirl Character of the Bat-family at the time. Of course, I find it amusing that both Helena and Steph both literally became Batgirl later.
    ಠ_ಠ