Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMighty View Post
    It's funny how quickly my interest in X-Man comic dropped once they kicked Threnody for Maddy. I think I read 3 or 4 more issues just waiting for Thren to return and it never happened, so I stopped reading it. Looking back, I really enjoyed Thren and Nate's relationship.
    Am I the only one who saw that (fiasco waiting to happen) for what it really was... Three of Mr. Sinister's experiments getting frisky in the medicine cabinet? The triangle that was Maddie/Nate/Threnody was a pointless plot device designed to give Nate Grey (Earth-295) an instant 616 status.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-03-2012 at 04:07 AM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

I would love for sinister to have Nate and threnody child to play off how cyclops always had to give up his children

Quote Originally Posted by GambitXRemy View Post
    I would love for sinister to have Nate and threnody child to play off how cyclops always had to give up his children

I don't get it. Please elaborate.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

I don't get it. Please elaborate.
    if sinister has nates kid it be cool. like how cyclops had to save Cable when he was a child from sinister

if sinister has nates kid it be cool. like how cyclops had to save Cable when he was a child from sinister
    A bit predictable no? Besides, I don't think that Nate and Threnody were hanging out long enough for her to have become pregnant by him.

"Threnody was then seen in a subterranean tunnel on a throne surrounded by dead bodies. She was also pregnant. People believe that the father is Nate. However, in issue 61's X-POST FACTO (the letters section) a fan asked "Is it Nate's? Please say it is." To this, the editor replied "It doesn't look as if Nate is the father of Threnody's baby, but the mystery of who exactly is the father of the baby is still raging. Nate probably isn't quite ready for fatherhood." So Nate is most likely not the father."

Thus, we have our answer.... Nate's not the father!

So, until the pages say otherwise I'm running with that quote from the then editor.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-04-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Pic(s) manipulation.

I AM PHOENIX!

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

it was her ardent pessimism that brought out Nate's starry eyed optimism and his Jean-like sweetness. THAT is what made me start liking his character because she (once you understood his backstory) made him compelling. Without that dynamic, Nate is just a shirtless douche.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

A bit predictable no? Besides, I don't think that Nate and Threnody were hanging out long enough for her to have become pregnant by him.

"Threnody was then seen in a subterranean tunnel on a throne surrounded by dead bodies. She was also pregnant. People believe that the father is Nate. However, in issue 61's X-POST FACTO (the letters section) a fan asked "Is it Nate's? Please say it is." To this, the editor replied "It doesn't look as if Nate is the father of Threnody's baby, but the mystery of who exactly is the father of the baby is still raging. Nate probably isn't quite ready for fatherhood." So Nate is most likely not the father."

Thus, we have our answer.... Nate's not the father!

So, until the pages say otherwise I'm running with that quote from the then editor.
    Thats all hear say now...... if it aint on panel then it really doesnt count, so it is or not nates we juyst dont know what it doesnt take nate of being the father still.

jw wondering znop do you have any scans of that cable 45 comic i was talking about

Thats all hear say now...... if it aint on panel then it really doesnt count, so it is or not nates we juyst dont know what it doesnt take nate of being the father still.
    I say not. In fact besides kissing (Ala Warren and Paige), the only time we even saw them remotely in a position to get busy -- they were both fully dress while in bed. I'm not against Nate being the father, but there's not enough to speculate on in either event. Now, had Threnody (in a thought bubble) herself said that Nate was the baby's father that would go a lot further than fan-fic/speculations. Moreover, the letter-pages are part of the book and the letter submitted and printed on said page(s) are in reference to said book -- so it counts as far as I'm concerned.

wondering znop do you have any scans of that cable 45 comic i was talking about
    What in particular are you looking for?

I AM PHOENIX!

I say not. In fact besides kissing (Ala Warren and Paige), the only time we even saw them remotely in a position to get busy -- they were both fully dress while in bed. I'm not against Nate being the father, but there's not enough to speculate on in either event. Now, had Threnody (in a thought bubble) herself said that Nate was the baby's father that would go a lot further than fan-fic/speculations. Moreover, the letter-pages are part of the book and the letter submitted and printed on said page(s) are in reference to said book -- so it counts as far as I'm concerned.

What in particular are you looking for?
    ya im looking for the pages or panels were cable and xavier are talking and in a flash back were cable help build the mansion and xavier taught him stuff

Art by Magickmarker

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Happy October you spooky bastards.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Psylocke