Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31
    Omega Mutant ZNOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    9,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMighty View Post
    It's funny how quickly my interest in X-Man comic dropped once they kicked Threnody for Maddy. I think I read 3 or 4 more issues just waiting for Thren to return and it never happened, so I stopped reading it. Looking back, I really enjoyed Thren and Nate's relationship.
    Am I the only one who saw that (fiasco waiting to happen) for what it really was... Three of Mr. Sinister's experiments getting frisky in the medicine cabinet? The triangle that was Maddie/Nate/Threnody was a pointless plot device designed to give Nate Grey (Earth-295) an instant 616 status.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-03-2012 at 04:07 AM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

    I AM PHOENIX!

  2. #32
    Veteran Member GambitXRemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,629

    Default

    I would love for sinister to have Nate and threnody child to play off how cyclops always had to give up his children

  3. #33
    Omega Mutant ZNOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    9,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GambitXRemy View Post
    I would love for sinister to have Nate and threnody child to play off how cyclops always had to give up his children

    I don't get it. Please elaborate.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

    I AM PHOENIX!

  4. #34
    Veteran Member GambitXRemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

    I don't get it. Please elaborate.
    if sinister has nates kid it be cool. like how cyclops had to save Cable when he was a child from sinister

  5. #35
    Omega Mutant ZNOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    9,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GambitXRemy View Post
    if sinister has nates kid it be cool. like how cyclops had to save Cable when he was a child from sinister
    A bit predictable no? Besides, I don't think that Nate and Threnody were hanging out long enough for her to have become pregnant by him.

    "Threnody was then seen in a subterranean tunnel on a throne surrounded by dead bodies. She was also pregnant. People believe that the father is Nate. However, in issue 61's X-POST FACTO (the letters section) a fan asked "Is it Nate's? Please say it is." To this, the editor replied "It doesn't look as if Nate is the father of Threnody's baby, but the mystery of who exactly is the father of the baby is still raging. Nate probably isn't quite ready for fatherhood." So Nate is most likely not the father."

    Thus, we have our answer.... Nate's not the father!

    So, until the pages say otherwise I'm running with that quote from the then editor.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-04-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Pic(s) manipulation.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

    I AM PHOENIX!

  6. #36
    Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    6,414

    Default

    it was her ardent pessimism that brought out Nate's starry eyed optimism and his Jean-like sweetness. THAT is what made me start liking his character because she (once you understood his backstory) made him compelling. Without that dynamic, Nate is just a shirtless douche.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

  7. #37
    Veteran Member GambitXRemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    A bit predictable no? Besides, I don't think that Nate and Threnody were hanging out long enough for her to have become pregnant by him.

    "Threnody was then seen in a subterranean tunnel on a throne surrounded by dead bodies. She was also pregnant. People believe that the father is Nate. However, in issue 61's X-POST FACTO (the letters section) a fan asked "Is it Nate's? Please say it is." To this, the editor replied "It doesn't look as if Nate is the father of Threnody's baby, but the mystery of who exactly is the father of the baby is still raging. Nate probably isn't quite ready for fatherhood." So Nate is most likely not the father."

    Thus, we have our answer.... Nate's not the father!

    So, until the pages say otherwise I'm running with that quote from the then editor.
    Thats all hear say now...... if it aint on panel then it really doesnt count, so it is or not nates we juyst dont know what it doesnt take nate of being the father still.

    jw wondering znop do you have any scans of that cable 45 comic i was talking about

  8. #38
    Omega Mutant ZNOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    9,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GambitXRemy View Post
    Thats all hear say now...... if it aint on panel then it really doesnt count, so it is or not nates we juyst dont know what it doesnt take nate of being the father still.
    I say not. In fact besides kissing (Ala Warren and Paige), the only time we even saw them remotely in a position to get busy -- they were both fully dress while in bed. I'm not against Nate being the father, but there's not enough to speculate on in either event. Now, had Threnody (in a thought bubble) herself said that Nate was the baby's father that would go a lot further than fan-fic/speculations. Moreover, the letter-pages are part of the book and the letter submitted and printed on said page(s) are in reference to said book -- so it counts as far as I'm concerned.

    wondering znop do you have any scans of that cable 45 comic i was talking about
    What in particular are you looking for?
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

    I AM PHOENIX!

  9. #39
    Veteran Member GambitXRemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post


    I say not. In fact besides kissing (Ala Warren and Paige), the only time we even saw them remotely in a position to get busy -- they were both fully dress while in bed. I'm not against Nate being the father, but there's not enough to speculate on in either event. Now, had Threnody (in a thought bubble) herself said that Nate was the baby's father that would go a lot further than fan-fic/speculations. Moreover, the letter-pages are part of the book and the letter submitted and printed on said page(s) are in reference to said book -- so it counts as far as I'm concerned.



    What in particular are you looking for?
    ya im looking for the pages or panels were cable and xavier are talking and in a flash back were cable help build the mansion and xavier taught him stuff

  10. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    334

    Default


    Art by Magickmarker

  11. #41
    Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    6,414

    Default

    Happy October you spooky bastards.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

  12. #42
    Pretty Bird Psycwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    18,517

    Default

    Psylocke

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •