View Poll Results: What should DC do?

Voters
18. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • They should use the proven Marvel formula for The Avengers and do solo films first.

5 27.78%
  • They should go their own route using Justice League as the vehicle for future solo films.

13 72.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Already failed at the Green Lantern movie, why risk failing at more movies and then putting all your failures in a more expensive movie.
    That's assuming that every DC movie after TDKR is going to suck as bad as Green Lantern. Though Honestly, I hope they leave the GL movie alone and have John Stewart for the movie.
    Just makes sense to use the most recognizable member of the GLC.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Sadly if they don't do it the same way the Avengers was done it will never do as well as the Avengers. People will just see it as a blatant cash in on the Avengers success without the years of work that went into pulling the Avengers off. Also audiences won't have developed the attachment to the characters that people had to the Avengers characters going in. It won't be as successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    That's assuming that every DC movie after TDKR is going to suck as bad as Green Lantern. Though Honestly, I hope they leave the GL movie alone and have John Stewart for the movie.
    I'm not saying it's impossible, but if they put out a movie i liked that wasnt a nolan batman flick i would have some faith.
    Im not even a huge green lantern fan, i started reading that book when kyle rayner was gl and later found out i was in some sort of extreme minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    John Stewart is the most recognizable member of the GLC ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    John Stewart is the most recognizable member of the GLC ?!?
    More people watched the cartoon he was on then have ever read the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    More people watched the cartoon he was on then have ever read the comics.
    So that's the real reason why the green lantern movie tanked. It got a white boy that nobody knows. Now if the movie had John Stewart instead of Hal Jordan , the movie would have been a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanstine View Post
    If there was a chance that a Justice League movie is made, rather than copying the Marvel formula of introducing their heroes with stand-alone solo films first before assembling them into The Avengers, should DC instead do the opposite and use a Justice League film to introduce their heroes first and spin them off into their own solo films later on?
    Short answer: yes.

Everybody know who Batman and Superman are. And I think a lot of people have some idea about Wonder Woman, and probably Green Lantern, maybe even Flash. Put these five in a movie and few will be upset they are not watching an origin story, IMO.

Then, between Justice League movies, do more Superman and/or Batman, and maybe solo outings for breakout characters .

Do simple animated origins as the opening credit roll and you're all set.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

I wonder how WB will deal with four speedsters (if MM will be in the movie), especially Flash. They will need a huge amount of PIS or an extremly powerful and/or fast opponent.

I see the problem in the Flash movie, too, but they will probably think of a solution for this movie. But they will have to find another solution for four speedsters in the JLA movie and that might be a problem.
    Three armed cops and a writer makes four. You’re under arrest, so get on the floor.

Master Yoda on clubbing: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a hot chick and her fat friend."

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    So that's the real reason why the green lantern movie tanked. It got a white boy that nobody knows. Now if the movie had John Stewart instead of Hal Jordan , the movie would have been a success.
    I wasn't talking about the movie, i was responding to your surprise that he was the most recognized member.