Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Namor possibly has more power currently than Storm, but we don't know if his role will be greater. I tend to think not, as again, all he's basically done in the X-books is be part of the Scott / Emma triangle.

I think Storm and Magneto will have more to do in UXM, the lucky dogs. I'd much rather Namor be in UXM than AvX. But I think Storm and Magneto will have alot of influence in AvX too. They have been set up to be the angel and devil for Scott, and clearly he's going to be torn between the two extremes during this. Plus, Wanda is Magneto's daughter. We've yet to see her show up, but you know she is.

I see. I thought Namor has a greater role than Storm in AvX especially that now he is one of the Phoenix Five.

I hope there's gonna be more action scenes with Storm and magneto helping each other out against somebody. Perhaps oen of the Phoenix Five. : )
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Yo to listen to yourself. Yes Dr. Strange is called him King and Black Panther. He never addressed Shuri. Like I said before and I'm saying for the last time, T'challa says just T'challa now, Shuri is Princess-Regent and shares the Black Panther legacy with me. That doesn't tell you anything other then they share the BP title. Who knows how they are going to handle it? But it will be handled by Hickman. I'm sorry that you don't like that. But that is the writer handling that issue. And you also said that Marvel doesn't understand it's use, yet that's how Priest among others used it! Which isn't wrong and in a fictional world, they can use it however they like.

It's simple as that. I'm saying wait. You are saying yeah this is what it is. When we don't know. Why didn't he address Shuri at all. He never did it! And just because he is next to her that doesnt mean he is instantly King taking over.

I'm not going around in circles with you about something that is pointless. But fact is that Hickman is stated plenty times that he is dealing with that stuff.
    Doesn't this tell us that he's no longer King? The conversation went "King T'Challa" "Just T'Challa, now". Then, Strange addressed Shuri as "Your Highness". I'm pretty sure that means that T'Challa is saying that he's not king anymore. I'm sure Hickman will clear everything up nicely, but he said that back in April, so I don't think he was saying that we should discount everything we see until then. And even the preview of F4 stated he was no longer King.
    Last edited by Lascoden; 06-11-2012 at 12:06 AM.

I live in fear.

Of course you do. You are a Namor fan..and fish are very skittish.

My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    I'm looking forward to it. Have they said if other-Storm (not sure what to call her) will be a part of it? I've only heard Emmaline, Howlett, KN, and Dazzler.
    I was thinking that alt-Storm would be showing up, but maybe as an antagonist. There's a 40 minute vodcast with Greg Pak and Kelley DeConnick on GregPak site, talking about Xtreme-X-men and Captain Marvel. I haven't had time to listen to the whole thing. But here's a shorter video with some art, but no mention of alt-Storm. Steven Segovia is AWESOME. Dazzler, I'm not so sure about, but ... Greg Pak and Segovia ...

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Of course you do. You are a Namor fan..and fish are very skittish.

Now, RolandJP, what did I tell you about that fish bigotry? Besides, this "fish." NOT skittish.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I see. I thought Namor has a greater role than Storm in AvX especially that now he is one of the Phoenix Five.

I hope there's gonna be more action scenes with Storm and magneto helping each other out against somebody. Perhaps oen of the Phoenix Five. : )
    Well, it all depends on how you define 'greater role.' I tend to think supporting Cyclops journey isn't such a greater role, since how is that going to add to Namor's journey? PLUS, remember, to tie it back to the subject at hand, Phoenix Namor is supposed to invade Wakanda. I HOPE Storm is going to have something to say about that, one way or another.

BANNED

Doesn't this tell us that he's no longer King? The conversation went "King T'Challa" "Just T'Challa, now". Then, Strange addressed Shuri as "Your Highness". I'm pretty sure that means that T'Challa is saying that he's not king anymore. I'm sure Hickman will clear everything up nicely, but he said that back in April, so I don't think he was saying that we should discount everything we see until then. And even the preview of F4 stated he was no longer King.
    this is what I'm saying, that F4 issue is right after he leaves Hells Kitchen. It's before AvX. So when does Defenders take place? We don't know? Is it after AVX, before. When? So he could be something else in AvX and Defenders would tell you nothing.

The fact that they are Sharing the Black Panther (which is the rulership), wearing his ruler habit and being called Bp also could mean anything or else there is nothing to share and she would only the Panther. The Black Panther is the actual rulership, that's the title of the king/queen/ruler... that is what it means...so that's why I said wait to see how Hickman explains it. It could be before AvX ..then it has nothing to do with his current status in this event.

Or could it mean that T'Challa is telling Strange that there's no need to be so formal between friends?

Now, RolandJP, what did I tell you about that fish bigotry? Besides, this "fish." NOT skittish.

rofl! That shark is is scary.

Well, it all depends on how you define 'greater role.' I tend to think supporting Cyclops journey isn't such a greater role, since how is that going to add to Namor's journey? PLUS, remember, to tie it back to the subject at hand, Phoenix Namor is supposed to invade Wakanda. I HOPE Storm is going to have something to say about that, one way or another.
    I see. My basis is when the character has more panels, and the character says a lot more than the other characters.
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

rofl! That shark is is scary.
    Not really, currently the X-men jump one every month.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by RatFace View Post
    Or could it be that T'Challa is telling Strange that there's no need to be so formal between friends?
    Not with the way he phrases it. He doesn't say "It's just T'Challa" he says "It's just T'Challa now", indicating a change in status.

I just wanted to share. I think Storm becoming Black panther's wife would mean they don't really have plans of giving her her own ongoing comics or movies since she will show up on BP comics and perhaps in BP movie too.

and another reason why they are not really giving her a break because her powers are similar to Thor's. I mean I know they use their powers differently but usually, but I believe some of the staff would think that if Thor is around, why put Storm?
    That could be another reason why I don't see Storm on the Avengers after AvX. However, Marvel has said that Captain Marvel isn't going to be the only female book. I don't know WHO that means they could be tapping, but the high profile female comic characters now are Black Widow, Storm, and Valkyrie, IMO. I'm sure others have a different list, but I wouldn't give up on a Storm solo just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Not really, currently the X-men jump one every month.
    Looks at those sharp teeth. it's scary. that shark killed my exgirlfriend Kelly Brooke. hehehe joke! : )

That could be another reason why I don't see Storm on the Avengers after AvX. However, Marvel has said that Captain Marvel isn't going to be the only female book. I don't know WHO that means they could be tapping, but the high profile female comic characters now are Black Widow, Storm, and Valkyrie, IMO. I'm sure others have a different list, but I wouldn't give up on a Storm solo just yet.

Really???? I really hope they would choose Storm. But i think it'll be Black Widow because of the movie. I hope not.

Marvel Comics, please let it be Ororo Munroe!!!!!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RatFace View Post
    Or could it mean that T'Challa is telling Strange that there's no need to be so formal between friends?
    That's how I read it. But still I don't get the big deal, or how it's relevant to AVX since we don't know where it fits chronologically. F4 issues are right after HK and before AvX. We know that.

Again, why is he she sharing? Why is he wearing his habit? She would be the Panther. Fraction is being vague. It could mean several different things and still, we don't know how it ties in with AvX or where or when. it's not as clear as being said.