Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    I wonder how they are going to do about the true form of Pennywise, King complained about the giant spider in the mini series but then , his novel did described it as a giant spider.
    Yeah, but it was probbaly on of the silliest, most unconvincing, least scary giant spiders in television history.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

I thought the novel was pretty clear that even the giant spider wasn't It's "true" form. That would be the "deadlights" in the astral plane, or wherever the Chud ritual stuff was happening.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I thought the novel was pretty clear that even the giant spider wasn't It's "true" form. That would be the "deadlights" in the astral plane, or wherever the Chud ritual stuff was happening.
    Didn't we see It's true form in The Dark Tower?
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Well excuuuse me princess Mike Pothier's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Yes, the deadlights are the closest thing that can describe what IT is. Honestly, the psychic battle in the end would be hard to pull off convincingly. As bad as the TV ending was, I totally understand why they chose to do that.
    Life is but a dream.

Meeps? MEEEEEEPS!

Well excuuuse me princess Mike Pothier's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Didn't we see It's true form in The Dark Tower?
    I don't recall. There are hints that IT isn't truly dead in other books. My theory is IT was slacking off its job, and chose to eat kids and hibernate. So God/Gan whatever uses the kids to kill ITs earth form and send it back to do its job of eating old, decaying worlds/universes.
    Life is but a dream.

Meeps? MEEEEEEPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pothier View Post
    I don't recall. There are hints that IT isn't truly dead in other books. My theory is IT was slacking off its job, and chose to eat kids and hibernate. So God/Gan whatever uses the kids to kill ITs earth form and send it back to do its job of eating old, decaying worlds/universes.
    So IT was a more evil version of Galactus?
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    So IT was a more evil version of Galactus?
    Basically. The set up was there was is the highest plane of existance. Gan is the god/creator of that. Within that realm there exist two beings: The Turtle and It. The Turtle was the creator, literally he throws up universes (it eventually died because it choked on one). It is the destroyer, it eats entire worlds. Sort of a yin and yang thing going on.

Basically It discovered that it would be much easier to go to Earth creating a tangent form (which we conceive as the Spider) and wait a few million years while humans settled the planet then it would perform a three decade cycle where it would wake and terrorize the town for a couple months preying on the children (who were the easiest to kill and made better meals because of their heightened emotions- fear being it's preferred emotion to eat) and then it would sleep for another three decades. The catche was that by creating a tangent form on Earth It had to obey the rules of a tangent universe meaning it could be killed, It's tangent form was of equal importance to It's true form of the deadlights, therefore killing that would destroy the entity entirely.

But basically yes. It was basically Galactus on a multiversal scale who got really lazy and created a lesser form so it could get by eating children instead of universes,

I always found the parts of the book taking place in 1958 with the kids quite awesome, but good god, the part when they are adults in the 80's sure never managed to keep me interested.

A two parts movie would be cool considering that. I would just have to watch the first one. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    I always found the parts of the book taking place in 1958 with the kids quite awesome, but good god, the part when they are adults in the 80's sure never managed to keep me interested.

A two parts movie would be cool considering that. I would just have to watch the first one. ^^
    Thats why I think they should go the book route and have two simultaneous stories. The adult part is very much a retrospect on the child part. It wasn't intended to be left to its own devices. Thats why Part II of the mini series was so dull.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    that's how i felt. i own the old dvd where you have to flip it over for part 2. suffice it say that i rarely flipped.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pothier View Post
    Yes, the deadlights are the closest thing that can describe what IT is. Honestly, the psychic battle in the end would be hard to pull off convincingly. As bad as the TV ending was, I totally understand why they chose to do that.

I think they'd have to change the manner or representation of the showdown, but something like that could still work. Certainly, with a feature budget, there will be no excuse for a crappy looking spider that the adults just run up to and smash. I don't recall if the mini iincluded the eggs or not, but they actually should, as they show how the stakes for this 'It Cycle' are higher than they've ever been before.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Just bring Tim Curry back. I think he could even make the part more creapy now.
    Growing up, Tim Curry was the base of all my fears; Clowns, Butlers, Pirates, Transvestite Aliens.... you named what he played and it probably scared the shit out of me.
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.